Chapter 7: New Arrival: Hacker Lillian
45 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kyoto stepped out of the building. The first thing he noticed was the truck, which was in bad condition, from its scratched paint and rusty exterior to its shattered tail lights and busted hood. In the trunk were a few hefty bags filled with something unknown. The sound of the rusty driver's door creaking open could be heard from miles away. Out jumped a woman about two heads shorter than himself. 

She was covered in thick clothing from neck to foot as if trying to hide what was beneath. From her dirty copper-colored hair to her boots caked in dirt, she was practically a bum. Is this the guest his boss was so happy to see? 

"Yo. Where's the guy that summoned me here?" Her speech was unrefined. And the way she carried herself was unladylike. Kyoto felt all expectations wash away. Leave it to his boss to find a pathetic creature like this one. 

"Inside. Follow me." He says. 

She noticed his attitude but didn't say a word. She would like to meet the person who breached the military before she did. The moment she entered, she was greeted by what looked like a small bunker-type place. On the right side corner was what looked like a scientific station. While in the back, there was a door that led to a bedroom. Next to that door was a storage room. But dab in the middle of the room, one could not miss the square-shaped device held up by vines. (A slight change after a small upgrade.)

She looked around expectantly hoping to find the person she encountered through her breach of the military. She saw no other living beings in sight. He pointed at the device before her, "You have to touch it if you want to meet that person." He says. 

This guy, he doesn't seem very nice. But...she glanced over at the odd device. What the hell is that thing? Kyoto knew a few things since becoming a servant belonging to the system. After some research, he understood that only he could hear its voice. Only he could see the game screen no one else could see. This all happened after gaining access to the system. There were a few other steps besides physical contact, but if she touched it, the system would deem her worthy and things would move on from there. 

What the heck! What could go wrong, right?

She approached the device and reached out to touch the screen hovering before her. This is stupid, but anything was possible in a world where dungeons and people with skills existed. Just a slight touch and a small zap entered through her finger. It was a small shock that had her snatch her hand back quickly. Not before the screen lit up before her eyes. 

She stumbled backward as a face appeared on the screen. If that wasn't all a square see-through window appeared between her and the device. Written on it was her information, kind of like a game screen. 

 

[Scanning human lifeform...]

[Data on the human lifeform has been collected.]

[Scan Completed.]

 

Data Collected:

Name: Lillian An 

Age: 19

Occupation: Hacker  

Rank: C+

Future Rank Growth: A++

Skills:

Unlock (C)

Computer Skills (C+)

Networking (D++)

 

"Lillian, huh? Younger than I thought." Kyoto stated. She's just a kid. But he had to admit her rank growth wasn't half bad. 

"Now that you're able to see it. It's time to introduce you to the Boss." Kyoto straightened and lowered his head in respect. Lillian looked at him with a confused expression. "Boss? Who?" She looked around.

 

System: [That would be me.]

 

Lillian screamed so loud that Kyoto had to plug his eardrums with his fingers. She looked at the device with a horrified expression. The face was talking. She looked back at Kyoto and back at the screen with a face.

"Are you saying that thing is your boss?" She asked.

Kyoto grabbed the top of her head and squeezed. He lowered her head forcefully, "Show your respect you rude little brat. To dare call the boss a thing. You've some nerve." 

 

System: [That's enough Kyoto. She has yet to agree to follow me. Let her go.]

 

"Tch." He released her immediately. 

She stared up at the hovering device with disbelief. Did she wander into the Twilight Zone? Is that why this is happening?

"You look like you need help." Kyoto faced the System. "Can I take it from here, Boss?" 

 

System: [Go ahead. And Kyoto, be nice.]

 

Kyoto grunted before he turned his attention to Lillian. "First, let me introduce myself. I'm Kyoto Yen, but to you, it's Mr. Yen, got it?" He glared fiercely. 

 

System: [Kyoto.]

 

Kyoto clicked his tongue again before proceeding, "The Boss brought you here because he saw potential in you as a hacker. As long as your goal is the same as ours he will gladly grant you the same privileges as a member of his empire. That screen you see is only the start. Just imagine how much stronger you can grow if you decide to follow the Boss. If you refuse, I'm afraid you'll have to disappear, as you've already seen too much." Kyoto says.

Lillian flinched. So, either way, she didn't have a choice but to accept the conditions to be the servant of a talking device? There's only one thing to do, "that person who breached the military's system..." Lillian directed a piercing gaze at the floating device, "was it you?"

 

System: [It was I.]

 

Lillian grinned, "then I accept!" 

She must learn from it! It didn't matter if it was an unknown entity or whatever. 

"By the way, what exactly are you?" 

 

System: [An Ancient System from eons ago.]

 

"I see." Lillian didn't know much about the history, so the answer went directly over her head.

 

 

 

 

 

3