Chapter 8: Escaped Convict
68 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lillian took the right half of the base. The unknown source in the hefty bags turned out to be an array of computers she had to hook to the newly acquired internet. As for the skill obtained after connecting to said internet, it was now going to be put to use.

"It's beautiful! I never knew I would get such a great connection! way better than that hellhole I lived in." She was excited all by herself. 

 

System: [For now this will have to do. For the next upgrade I'll be sure that each of you has your own space.] 

 

After recruiting Lillian, another 20 points were gained by the system. It seems that 20 points will be gained every time a new person is recruited. Lillian's tutorial quest was given to help set her up for future quests, just like with Kyoto. 

 

Quest Tutorial:

Collect all Data from 2 of the 7 Continents using World Wide Location Skill 

Continents Data Collected:0/2

Quest Rank: F

Quest Reward:?

Penalty: None

 

"Looks like you got the tutorial quest that fits your job as a hacker. I'll explain the basics of how it works. You'll receive quests given by the system to complete. Each quest has a rank ranging from the lowest F rank to the highest SSS rank depending on your level. You can get all types of rewards for your job. Every member will gain an inventory and a shop. The shop will also have items that pertain to your job title as a hacker. This is the basics of information, did you understand?" Kyoto asked.

Lillian nodded. Well, if she didn't understand she'll learn as time goes on."By the way, are you Korean?" He asked.

Her name wasn't Japanese. 

"I guess. My mom's Korean and I don't know my dad. I think he's Japanese. But my mom wanted to keep the Korean tradition by giving me a Korean name." 

Well, that explains it. 

"I'll leave you be to work on your tutorial Quest. If you need anything let me know. You should have access to the system now. If you ever want to view your profile just say "Check Status." The inventory and shop will be given once a task given by the system is completed. This Quest does not count." 

 

[System granted Lillian Inventory and 10 points as a recruitment bonus.]

 

Kyoto snapped his head back, "wait, that's a thing?" He asked.

 

System: [I decided to do this from now on for new members.]

 

Kyoto scowled and stomped away. Lillian watched after him. "I get this feeling that he doesn't quite like me." She turned her attention to the system, "am I imagining that?"

 

System: [ No. He probably doesn't like you.]

 

Wow, this system is cutthroat. Lillian blew out a breath before getting to work. The Quest won't finish itself. 

 

 

~Meanwhile (London, England)... Vedara (Fictional) Correctional Facility for Dangerous Criminals (VCFDC)~

 

"Has the prisoner been detained?" The voice came from the large body standing at a window. 

The man speaking is England's top dog in VCFDC, Warden Arlo Lincoln. Because of his huge body, he's nicknamed Warden Big Arlo. It's because of him that no prisoner has ever been able to escape the most dangerous prison in London. 

"Yes, Sir. Prisoner #1929 has been detained and locked in cell Sub-0. Any further orders?"

Warden Big Arlo looked back at the man before him, "Keep an eye on him. That slippery bastard. If not for my keen tracking ability he'd have escaped already." 

"I authorized at least ten guards to keep an eye on his cell. Shall I add extra security measures, Sir?" 

Big Arl glared at him, "Only 10? Have you lost your marbles?!"

 

[Warning! Breach outside Cell Sub-0!]

[Warning! Breach outside Cell Sub-0!]

 

"Dammit! Not again." Warden Big Arlo slammed his fist onto the desk breaking it into two. 

The man nearby flinched and kept his lips sealed so as not to escalate his anger. "If you capture him again, make sure this time you kill him! The criminal is an S-rank prisoner! There is no need to keep such a calamity around!"

"But Warden...!" The man was horrified by those words. 

To kill a prisoner was illegal. But it was not the first time Warden Big Arlo had done so. In a world where hunters were an essential tool to the world, even an S-rank hunter is considered a rare being. There were only a handful in the entire world. London by itself only has two. One was a woman with exceptional lightning skills, while the other was a criminal locked away for destroying an entire office building. His skill: Human Atomic Bomb and Speed Regeneration. 

This made the criminal in question the highest S-Rank hunter that ever appeared in England. Such a person has escaped once again. 

"That cunning bastard hid from my tracking skill. Find him, kill him now!"

 

 

2 weeks after the criminal escaped 

 

[Quest Tutorial Completed!]

[Lillian rewarded Updated Computer Equipment]

[New Skill obtained: Problem Solving (E)]

 

Lillian cracked her fingers and yawned. Seriously, all those all-nighters have tired her out completely. After gaining access to information on two continents, she can now locate and access data on over a billion civilians. It's way more than what she could do when it was just her without a system of any sort. 

"So, what were the Continents you were able to hack?" Kyoto asked.

She grinned, "I thought since it would make more sense to have access to the two major continents I decided to Hack North America and Europe, also as an additional I managed to hack Asia as well." She gave a peace sign. 

"You're better than I thought," Kyoto muttered. 

"If I didn't do this much I'll never gain your approval." She says with a shrug.

 

[Warning!Warning! Escaped Convict with a Rank Growth of SS has been spotted!]

 

System: [Oh? What's this?]

 

"Hehehe! A great addition, right? I made it so the system will be able to hone in on any potential people with growth ranks of B rank and above. We can recruit lower ranks for smaller jobs using the map. Unfortunately, I have to do that manually."

 

System: [That's impressive.]

 

[Granted Lillian an additional 5 Hacker points.] 

 

System: [Find the exact location!]

 

Lillian nodded, "Roger, Boss!"

Kyoto watched with his arms crossed as the map created by the system was suddenly pulled up into a larger view for them. "Judging from the marker, the target is heading toward East Asia as we speak. Looks like they escaped from Europe's best Prison." Kyoto stated.

"Pull up the information." 

Lillian started speed typing until a profile picture with a bit of detail appeared. 

 

System: [Interesting. I want him, get him here immediately! He'll be perfect for my recon team. They will be a six-person team sent on missions to capture or obtain.]

 

"How do we get him here without a recon team already made?" Kyoto asked.

 

System: [That is fine, don't need one. Looks like that guy's path has already led him in our direction. It won't be long until he reaches us. Be sure to lead him here, Kyoto.]

 

Kyoto sighed, "Yeah, send them to me. The only scientist in the team."

"Why whine? I'm also the only hacker on the team. I'm sure it's because you're the only man around here." Lillian stated. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

3