chapter one
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

the portal opened and Misty stretched her hands out her golden white hair flying out toward me and her wings, a similar color spread wide.

"let's go! Come on!" she said breaking the awe of her figure "hurry up!"

"took you long enough" I say pretending that I didn't feel like I was being resurrected from hell

"just get up here!" Misty said rolling her eyes "haven't got all day here"

"the thing is you kinda do" I say "but I'm coming don't worry"

I spread my dark red wings and shot towards her, I crashed into her and we tumbled down a hill.

the first thing I noticed was the air.

it wasn't smoky or hot or stuffy it was just right.

then I noticed the waterfall, and the mountains and the amazing wispy clouds.

it was more than perfect, it was five thousand levels above perfect, it wasn't too big or too small, or too grand, or too plain.

it was unimaginable.

Misty was looking at me with a funny face on.

"what?" I said

"I've never seen you this awe struck" Misty said "is it really that great?"

"well, no one is throwing rocks at me" I observed

the first time Misty came to my house the neighbors had thrown rocks at her.

"no one would do that here" she said "um you know that right?"

"ya it just feels weird to breath air and not get screamed at" I say

"wait! Let's go to my house!" Misty yelped jumping up

I grabbed onto her vanilla colored sweater and she fell.

"ya for some reason I don't think your parents would like that" I say

"they're sleeping over at a friend's house!" Misty said "pleaseeeee"

"okay, but aren't they like in their 40's? who still does sleepovers at that age?" I ask following Misty down the hill

"it is kinda weird but hey, I'm not complaining" she paused "uh do you happen to have a sweater for your wings?"

dang it. of all the days to not wear a sweater I choose today.

"no not really" I say

"come on Spark" Misty groans as she wrestles off her sweater "here use this"

"thanks" I catch the sweater and slide into it refusing to urge to spread my wings through the perfect sized holes

"keep the hood up" Misty suggested as we walked "not a lot of angels have black hair"

I pull the hood up as far as it could go and pushed my hair back even though I hate how I look like that.

we somehow make it to Misty's house.

the houses were amazing like most things here it had a pastel blue hue and touches of soft gold.

skies even the door knob is decorated.

the door knob was mostly gold with this slightly glowing blue circle.

I grabbed the knob and turned Misty looked at me in horror.

"no! let go! quick!" she shoved me away from the door and glanced at the handle, which looked as fancy and normal as ever.

Misty let out a breath of relief "maybe it didn't notice"

"what do you mean? what will the door knob care? isn't it an object?" I asked staring at the knob it just looked like someone rich owned it.

"they have this system... " Misty trailed off looking at the circle in the door knob.

it had turned red.

"okay that is creepy" I said "do we uh need to worry about that?"

"go!" Misty pushed me and I tripped over into the crowd I suddenly became aware of my right hand pinching a bit I raised my palm up and saw that there was a bright red circle in the center of it.

I walked through the crowd hands in my pockets my right hand had begun to ich more and more.

I pulled out my hand behind my back and scratched it.

when I pushed my hands back in my pockets a lot of people were staring at me.

I looked down trying to avoid attention.

then found what they were staring at.

my hand was glowing brighter and brighter, right through the white sweater I wore.

goodbye life

 

0