Chapter 7
13 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

During the travel the to farm, they offered to buy me equipment. 

I was given a short sword, a round wooden shield and tunic. 

Kara started to teach me the basics to magic.

I firstly had to practice the chants before moving to focus my mana. 

"Remember! The chants are always important. You have to say the words while thinking of that spell. It's not going to work if mind doesn't match your words" 

She spoke calmly but firmly, she was the opposite of Hera, who always spoke fiercely and crueler. 

Speaking of what happen to Hera?

***

I-I can't find him!

I looked through the forest and check the towns but he wasn't there. I asked any adventurers who passed by but wasn't given any information on a ugly bastard who passed through.

I swear to the light mother and the gods above I will kill James!

***

A chill ran through my spine. 

"James are you alright?" 

Kara looked concerned. 

"Remember repeat after me. The flames that burns grant me power oh fire bolt!" 

She then shot out a bolt of flame through her staff, it struck the crumbling stone fence. 

She turned towards me, she was a bit sweaty but looked fine. 

"Sorry, pyromancy isn't my style" 

I had a question when I heard her talking about it earlier. 

"What's mana?" 

She stopped before clutching her chest in laughter. 

"You seriously don't know?! This is rich!" 

After calming down. 

Mana exist in all beings, it's a form of energy that allows us to use the magical current that surrounds and turns it into spells"

Kara extended her arm out. 

"Here hold my hand"

I hesitate. 

"What? Never held a girls hand before?"

Adric and Gurt burst into laughter. 

"Oh course I did!" A lie.

I grabbed onto her hand

"Be gentle" she spoke.

When she started to chant the world around us changed. The world was dark, trees, skies and the ground were black. 

The darkness that crept in was filled with blue flowing light all around us, parts of the trees were glowing with faint blue, the flowers were thriving in it. Kara was glowing in blue. It was beautiful I couldn't keep it in when I saw it. 

"Beautiful" 

She softly giggled at that. 

"Stop that. You see all that blue is the magical current. It exists all throughout the world. Any living being has magical essence, you have some even if it's very very faint."

She pokes my chest. 

"Its right there" 

She let's go of my hand. The world returned to normal, but i still see faint hints of magical essence before slowly fading. 

"If we're training you then you'll have to meditate" 

Meditation?

"Why?" 

"Mages meditate is soothing to the body and mind, it helps calm the mages which helps visualise the spells in their mind much clearly. If we are to help you in either sword or magic you need meditation." 

I see, but isn't it better to train on one thing?

"We're here"

Indeed we are. It wasn't like the farms back home. Our farms are located underground using machines and chemicals to grow our crops. Here they use manual labour and livestock to help. 

We walked on the main path to the large farmhouse. Two barns were on left side, another building on the right which I learned is called stable that houses creatures called horses.


A man came down from the house to greet us. 

He wore clothing that was similar to what nobles wore. 

"I must thank you for taking my request. You see I'm losing money from that thing! He keeps appearing at night and stealing my cows"

He shakes his head. 

"You see my workers don't want to guard at night. Says it's a bad omen to mess with that monster" 

He sighs.

"Theses beast human and their superstitions. Killing my business they are"

I look at the workers, all of them are demi humans, they looked liked humans but had animalistic traits like tails and ears. 

Adric speaks up. 

"Are these slaves?"

The man looked offended. 

"Of course not! They get paid, they could leave if they choose."

"I see. Well we're going to stay for a few days and wait for the beast to show up" 

Adric had a weird look on his face before sighing. 

"Thank you. I will properly compensate you all once this mess is dealt with" 

The man turns to leave, Adric turned his attention to us. 

"Alright let's set up near cattle, while guarding them I need you Kara to set up a defensive spell. Gurt I need you to scout the perimeter"

He looks directly to me.

"As for you. I'm going to train you in the first of ten sword styles" 

He takes me along to an open field next to the barn. 

He brings out his sword. 

"The ten sword styles are implemented by many trainers throughout the continent" 

He takes a sharp swing towards the open air. 

"I'll be teaching you the first style. It's a simple form teaching you the basics techniques"

He got into a pose. Holding up his blade toward me. 

"Alright get into this position"

I do so. 

"Good, now."

***

It's been a few hours, Adric taught how to slash, stab, sweep, deflect and block. 

There were plenty more to learn from but he explained that it's better to be accustomed to these first. 

"You see Bugger mostly all people stick to the first style. Not all ordinary people can learn the more well, stronger technique more difficult techniques"

I was curious about the other 11 techniques, so I asked.

"The other? Second style is the supreme style. It focuses on overpowering your opponents. It's often used with great swords. 

The third style is fire style. It let's the user focus all on offensive attacks, it's a brutal technique as their's no defense to it hence the name. 

Fourth style is the water style. Opposite of fire as it focuses on blocking and countering you opponents.

The fifth is the twin style, it utilizes two blades, it's perfect for attacking and defending difficult to learn. 

Sixth is the lightning style. All about using quick fast attacks to beat you enemy before they can react

Seventh is the magic style. It's simple as it sounds, all using magic and the blade together. Its requires both being proficient with magic while fighting in close combat.

Eighth is the thousand limbs style. It's about using your body along with the blade. Attacking with you hands, knees, legs, elbows and head. It's a uncivilized style in my opinion. 

The ninth is the flowing style, it's basically monk type shit. It uses flowing agility and fluid dodging. In short terms you need a good sense of awareness to use it.

The last and final style is the God style. It uses all ten styles combining it into a masterful style. Only two have used it. The third hero who created it and his prodigy the king of the elves, Fael Ivenmoore."

He drinks from his canteen. 

"Listen just focus on the basic technique until you choose a style you want" 

He looks up, the sun was setting. 

"You should get some sleep. We got a monster to hunt."

0