Chapter 12
43 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was cold, very very cold. When we arrived at the forest I noticed the atmosphere felt different here, and Kara noticed it as well. The magic here was thick, it feels weird but I could definitely use magic much more better than If I were to meditate.

"Let's get a fire started then we will head out to the ruins"

He gave us a gist of what the quest would be, we will be heading inside the 'ruins' which are really just the remains of the dungeon. We were tasked by a noble to find a certain item that was left in there. Apparently the noble had a group to grab this certain item but then the explosion happened.

He's been impatient since no one else would adventure down there due to the hostile environment that lived around here. We also have to be aware of the structure being compromised and potentially collapsing on top of us.

Adric was starting the fire while Gurt was keeping an eye out for any hostile wildlife.
Researchers and scientists were thrilled to be here but had to have B-rank adventurers and above to accompany them due to the creatures who called this place home.

The plants were giant and seemed to be rather hostile, either poisoning you or trapping their prey to consume later. The creatures who lived here were also dangerous. There are rarely any herbivores here since you know, the forest mostly consists of carnivores or occasionally omnivores.

The book I read listed the multiple creatures here. There were the twin-headed Wolves that lived here, they were taller than a wolf and had two heads. They traveled in packs of three and hunted large animals such as the giant deer plants and occasionally rodents.

I was meditating despite the feeling I didn't need to. I thought back to how I wanted to use my technology when I first got here but I feel like after using the sword and magic so much I don't think I need it. At the same time, it also feels sort of...well like I cut a piece out of myself. Creating inventions was who I was, it was a way for me to take my mind off things, I had the chance to bring it back when I had the funds to charge my storage bracelet with Magic crystals but didn't.

It didn't feel like I needed to, you know after I met these people it felt great. Something I never had before and I didn't have to spend all my time alone cooped up in a lab by myself. Kara most of all was someone I liked so much, she introduced me to many things I never knew I liked. I was against magic and the outside world a lot when I was a kid, when I grew up I felt indifferent to it but since I knew her everything just feels good for once.

Do I love Kara?

...

"hey bugger food is almost ready" I looked up at to see Adric

"Okay. thank you" He must have seen my face

"Something on your mind?"

"I...don't know, I guess I'm just looking back at things we've done and how it's changed me"

He shook his head "Look we talked about this before, we're the good guys. Just because we scam some bums for a few coins doesn't change that"

"No-no not that! I'm all for it. you know I was just thinking how I was before and I am now"

"Oh?" he sat down on the rock across from me.

"Do tell"

"I'm stronger than before, I could barely hold a sword up but now I can almost cut a tree in half. I can run faster than before and I feel great when I do it. I can barely get off a few spells but now I'm able to hold my own against Kara"

"Bugger...It's called change mate. It's something though. You seem more confident than before you know?" he smiled ruffling my hair
"you seem like a little brother..." he spoke before his expression changed for a split second but it was like a look of guilt.

"go eat, before Gurt eats it all"

The mood seemed almost lifted, the talking and insults were back and even Gurt seemed to be laughing. Laughs and ale were a hell of a thing to brighten things up for the better.

After eating we got ready to head into the dungeon. I glanced at Kara who seemed to be rather well sad. I walked to her and asked. 

"Are you okay?" 

"yeah I guess. Its just well"

she looked directly at me, her expression changed, 

"I didn't expect our last meal to be like this"

Before I can respond I felt a great sudden pain on the back of my head before collapsing onto the forest floor. 

Muffling and shouts. 

"You didn't need to hit him that hard!" Kara spoke loudly.

"Bugger has a tough head. besides it wouldn't matter soon enough"

I couldn't keep my eyes open, losing myself into the drifting darkness. 

cold and confused. 

***
Tales no. 3
The Cursed Knight

In the realm of Eryndor, amidst the ruins of previous wars that devastated the land wandered a cursed knight. His name was lost to time, but they call him the knight, a shambling curse of a thing. His once gleaming armor now cracked and burned, his chest was riddled with darkened ancient spears.

Those who see him often say he's a dead man, others say he's a curse while If you ask me he's a poor soul destined to walk the planet. For all we know or what we can get out from him he's taken up the curse willingly. He was burdened with these spears which held the sins of mortals, it caused him great pain but he still moved, his immortal flesh cursed him to move place to place.

We asked why he was wandering and his answer was to find a girl named Sophie. I don't know who she is but I can tell you he's ain't right in the head, most of us speculate he had a memory problem. always seem to be forgetting causing him to wander.
I must ask you to those who read this, buy him a drink. he needs it.

 

 

1