Chapter 13
37 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was numb, my body felt numb. 
I opened my eyes, and my gaze drifted up to the stone ceiling above, my body was cold, my arms felt bruised and the back of my head felt sore to the touch. My entire body was in a wreck, legs, arms and even my head hurt. I could barely lift my arm up yet even my legs but I need to get up

I got up slowly, rubbing the back of my head, and wincing at the pain it causes. I looked around me, I was in a sort of cell, across from me was a skeleton. To my left were black metal bars trapping me in here. 

I recalled what happened, did something occur to the group? were we ambushed? it doesn't make sense. Why was I in here and what happened to Kara, is she alright?

"You should lay down, rest for a bit" a voice rang out through the darkness. 

Light, a source of fire was lit, I squinted my eyes adjusting to the sudden brightness before recognizing who it was. 

Adric. 

"Adric? Is that you? get me out of here man I think we got ambushed" I got up regretting I did as I almost stumbled from the sudden pain that jolted through my body. 

"sit your ass down Bugger" his voice sounded harsh. 

I did so reluctantly. 

"What's happening?" 

"You happened" 

I was confused and he could tell. 

"To clarify, you have something we want"  

He dragged a chair from behind him, sitting on it and looking at me directly. 

"Your heart. we want it"

"Sorry I don't swing that way, man"

He paused then proceeded to shake his head. 

"Not that, I mean literally we want your heart. you see when we saw your stats at the guild we were quite surprised to see the potential to be so high. Which is why we drugged you one night after drinking, took a sample of your blood, and got it tested by mage guild."

In his hand was a vial of blood. 

"This is your blood, it looks normal but to our surprise, it has small traces amount of gold"

"Does that mean!"

"Yep, you got Hero blood bugger" his smile widen.  

"But. why are you doing this to me?" 

"Profit kid," he rubs his finger and thumb together in a gesture. "People are in the market for people with hero blood. Apparently, you can make potions or medicine with blood like that. Your heart most of all is the most desired part of all, one heart can give at least ten platinum coins. "

"You can't! I have a life too!" 

He laughs, and he continues to laugh for almost a minute. 

"You serious? you were banished from your own home, you're ugly and pitiful like a lost dog" he wipes a tear from his eye. 

"I mean it, you don't have a life and your only purpose now is to wait quietly until the client arrives with a harvester"

"But Kara...Kara wouldn't allow this"

"but she did" he stood up. "you see, she was the one who decided to let you get harvested, I wanted to sell you at the slave market but relented" he squatted down to eye level "Everyone here wants to make a profit, now be a good product and make me some money" 

he got up and left the room, leaving the torch on the ground, barely illuminating the room. I lay there not moving, in shock I think with one question in my mind. 

"Was this all a lie?"

I laughed, possibly in pain most certainly in despair. I was going to fucking die! I was about to die for what!? so a few people can make some goddamn cash off my body. I need some sort of bullshit! some sort of god to help me, please oh please save me. 

But no one came. 

...

...

I'm tired of this, of living alone of living a lie. I was abandoned once and have been abandoned again. I will not let this happen again. I need to chant, I didn't read useless history books I also read about spells and certain magic incantations. 

I rose up from the pitiful meagre state I was in, my hands were bleeding, and my nails were cracked from the beatdown they did to me when I was unconscious but I had enough spirit to make this spell count. 

 

***

"He's done, after I lied about you wanting him dead he seemed to be down" I spoke. 

"I see, but you didn't have to say that" Kara spoke, she looked sullen for some reason. 

"Kara you need to remember that we're making a profit" I reassured her, she needs to know that this is how we work. 

"But James was a part of us, now we're just feeding him to some client who wants to use his heart for whatever fucked purpose they have" 

I rolled my eyes, sighing. 

"Don't give me that Adric! you liked him too" her voice raised, Gurt looked over at us.  

"Well I did, but we can live better now. Think about this Kara you can win back your family's respect now with this sort of wealth" 

"don't bring my family up!" she slapped me. 

"How could I not, the daughter of the famous Sword of Air and the Mistress of Magic" I laughed "Now is just some shunned kid" 

"I said Shut it!" she screamed, her staff raised. 

"Easy there, you know one spell can cause this dungeon to collapse on us" I spoke, my hand stretched out. 

She lowered it, her shoulder slumped over. I couldn't help my shake my head. 

"Are you sure that James can't use a spell?"

She sighed. "Yes, even if his hero blood is strong he can't use magic properly without a staff or a wand. Besides Gurt is the one who made sure he beat his body to a pulp." 

 

KAKOOM!

A very fucking loud noise, the structure around us was shaking, and rubble started to fall from the ceiling. 

"The hell is that!?" I yelled, ears ringing from the sudden noise. 

"Was that from James?" Kara asked 

"How is that possible?" We started to run to his cell. 

"I told you we should've bought a collar for him" 

We arrived at his cell, the wall was missing a large hole. 

"fuck he ran" Gurt spoke out.  

Like what the actual fuck, this bugger has really done all this. I looked around noticing the other wall was also broken and it stretched on and on. His magic was strong enough to make holes throughout the dungeon. I couldn't help but laugh, this little bugger was a little magic bomb we had this whole time. 

"Let's go, he couldn't have made it that far"

 

 

 

0