The Galactic Hurdle
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Charge readily onto the grounds, and seek on them strength, volition, potential and things novel.


Probacon's emotions rose in a greatly uncontainable excitement, with a noticeable large grin forming across his face.

The tags on one of those two wheels, was his own.

But before he could even begin any celebratory gestures, he was instantly transported onto the floating platform of the Limitless Field.

The crowd let out a great cheer, and Dgiag transposed into it as well.

"Beings of the omniverse, we have the chosen!!!" He shouted.

The crowd roared with fervor and intensity, taking into account all that the previous battles had brought to the table, and wanting to see what this one offered.

"In the first corner…,“ said Dgiag, as he looked at Probacon, instantly recognizing him from the transpirings of the food area.

Dgiag stared questioningly at the Djin for a brief time, causing the latter to withdraw himself ever so slightly.

But he swiftly puffed out his chest, and put on a confident and readied look.

An action that would draw amazed chuckling and a nod from the higher existence.

"...a young Pure Djin, deemed by many of his fellow homeworlders their eternal helping hand. With skills whilst unheard are worthy of acknowledgment! Champion of Bū. Djin Pro!!!"

Probacon raises his arms with clenched fists, walking around in a circle, amidst cheers from some of the onlooking multitude.

Some didn't however, making not a peep, all for their varying reasons.

"And in the second. A Kujijin of high class, high knowledge, and great power. With mastery over life itself! The Starry Pinwheel, Galax!!!"

"Well, just my luck…” Galax was a Kujijin, possessing their usual features, as well as brown irides. His apparel of note were a black and red turban, sporting customized clothes with padded shoulder armor, and of black and white color, and brown pointed boots.

《Galax. High-class Kujijin. Age 26.》

"Do I really have to fight…him?" He enquired from Dgiag, which puzzled Probacon.

"Huh? What's the issue with me?,” asked the Djin.

"I asked the extradimensional entity. So this doesn't concern you.” "What!? It sure as hell does, considering I was chosen as your opponent."

"Like I said, it doesn't concern you, so quit your yapping, you stupid pig!" "What did you just call me, you bastard!?"

"ENOUGH!!!,” yelled Dgiag with a ferocity, one strong enough to procure a shockwave through the void, and silence both individuals.

"I expect you both to act more civil. This is an embarrassment.” He said with a look of disappointment.

"I apologize, Lord Dgiag,” said Galax. "Same here, but he started it.” Probacon added, pointing at Galax.

"Do you really wanna go at this again?" "Absolutely! I don't even know what's wrong with fighting me, so you tell me." Seriously…, thought Dgiag.

As Probacon and Galax argued with Dgiag in their presence, Wok and Drizzled watched on along with fellow participants from their seating, whilst others communed amongst themselves.

"Man, that faw Probacon needs to control himself,” commented Wok with a hand on his face.

"Yeah, but he was obviously provoked first,” responded Drizzled. "Psssh. Doesn't change much." "Sure. I'll take your word for it, oh great Wokster." "Haha, Wokster. What a funny name."

Probacon and Galax still argued, and Dgiag had just about reached his limits in dealing lightly with their foolishness.

"You two…realize I am still here, correct?" He questioned in a graver tone than before, causing the two to suddenly freeze.

They then slowly turned to face him. "Uhhhh....yeah…sorry about that…,” said Probacon, who along with Galax trembled in fear.

"Good. Now step back, and show your respects…" said Dgiag.

Probacon and Galax acted as instructed.

Dgiag then transposed himself back to the Coliseum.

He raised his hand, and breathed in.

"BEGIN!!!"

Both Probacon and Galax began running at each other, both steadily increasing pace.

They would eventually clash, with their faces directly frontal to each other, and locking each other's arms together.

Both then released the lock and receded for a moment.

Instantly they would come at each other again, this time enacting the physical ballet of combat.

But Probacon's superiority in this aspect seemed pretty much clear, as while Galax heavily struck to land a proper hit due to lacking in both speed and skill, Probacon delivered a variety of swift kicks, punches, and elbows to his opponent.

Then, whilst midair, Probacon clutched his hands together, and delivered a powerful hammer blow to the top of Galax's head. "Argh!,” yelled the Kujijin.

With an irritated grunt, he retaliated by attempting to grasp Probacon's ankle.

But the Djin swiftly evaded with an overhead flip, delivering a powerful back kick to Galax's nape.

He wasted little time, swiftly following it up with a spinning backheel to the face, sending him flying away.

"Damn it!,” yelled Galax in clear frustration as he rose.

"Heh. I'm guessing maybe this is why you didn't wanna fight me?” Probacon jested with a smirk.

"You!,” exclaimed Galax, barreling himself towards Probacon, high in unadulterated aggression.

He sent a furious flurry of attacks the Djin's way.

But the latter eluded each and every one with no real effort, as though he toyed with the Kujijin.

And with no warning whatsoever, he delivered a solid punch to the abdomen of his own.

"So tell me now, just why didn't you wanna fight me?” Probacon asked.

"That…doesn't concern you…,” replied Galax, trying to gather himself after that attack.

"Suit yourself.” Upon saying that, the area around Probacon's striking fist began to glow, a glow only attributable to one thing in this case: ki concentration.

He would ignite it, sending Galax further away than before with a powerful impact, creating massive shockwaves that eradicated multiple rock formations on the Field, of varying sizes from that of a house, to even mammoth volcanic elevations.

Probacon stood straight from his prior posture, keeping watch of the direction his opponent had gone, whilst also in some level of mentation.

He then breathed in a huge amount of air, preparing himself to yell at full force.

"I KNOW THAT'S NOT ALL YOU GOT! SO GET UP AND KEEP FIGHTING!"

Suddenly, the ground began to rumble, tremors which Probacon himself felt the intensity of. "Wha–?

Suddenly, plants of varying types and sizes began to sprout forth all around, whereas Galax arose from his spot.

"You want me to show more? Fine. I'll gladly do it to silence a being like you.” He declared.

Probacon materialized the Venom Strip, feeling and believing he would need it for this challenge.

"HAAA!!!,” exclaimed Galax, as he beckoned the plants and vines towards Probacon.

They swiftly began heading in the Djin's direction, ready to strike in any conceivable manner.

However, using his sword, he sliced up all of them with some fast-paced strokes, staring down Galax.

"You–! Again!,” shouted Galax once again, beckoning more plants to head towards the Djin.

The latter would make haste, beginning to move closer towards his opponent as he continuously slicing his way through all the plants and vines.

Their acts would prevail for a period, with Probacon both advancing and falling back at several intervals, doing so due to the problems some of the green did pose at times.

Galax kept producing the plants irregardless, creating an exceedingly vast number of them, even with increased continuous regrowth and reproduction, and which as a result of the entire platform became a ginormous landmass.

Sheesh! Is there an end to these things? Probacon cogitated, looking for a way to terminate this seemingly limitless barrage.

His eyes afterwards glowed with ingenuity, gaining a means to stop the plantlife and test his opponent's strength.

He jumped high into the air, highly above the green beneath.

And in doing this, he formed a sphere of energy in his palm, which he began to shape and enlarge.

Galax looked up with shock, quickly realizing the coming storm, whereas the plants around him were made inactive at his behest.

"That's not gonna hit!" He exclaimed as he began to form an energy sphere of his own in his hand.

"We'll see!!" Probacon responded.

~DEATH BALL!!!~ ~WORLD BUSTER!!!~. And in due and parallel time, both would complete the formation of their balls of imminent decimation, large spheres of their ki essence, ready to be utilized in the most destructive of ways.

They immediately hurled and collided both attacks against each other.

From this clash came a massive explosion, which would have eviscerated the platform totally, had it not swiftly reshaped to the size of a greater celestial body, similar to a red giant.

It did destroy a portion of it notwithstanding, and a giant crater which could fit two planets of similar proportions to Sol III, an Earth-type, was formed on the surface.

The masses awed at the spectacle of this duel, as while not as interesting as previous ones at the moment, it at least had the enjoyability factor.

They conversed amongst themselves, whereas the dust and particles resulted from the clash and its aftereffects settled.

So, you're as strong as I thought, Probacon. David prepended, as one of many onlookers.

Now, what shall it be next? The dust settled slowly, but eventually completed.

After that, the audience watched on, as Probacon and Galax stood at a distance from each other and with front-facing parallelism to each other, harmed, though unnotable, from the clash, with almost all plants created by Galax incinerated.

Both men panted, panting of a minor fatigue, primarily getting ready for the next act.

“Guess I was…slightly mistaken,” said Galax.

"About what?" Probacon asked, confused.

"This fight…is actually entertaining, so therefore I am appreciative of it.”

“However…my reasons for not wanting it initially still stand."

"Really? I'm glad. As for the other thing–,” voiced Probacon.

“Let's work on that, shall we~?”

"What do you mean?” Galax inquired in intrigue, but was also disturbed by those words..

"Heh. You'll see.” Probacon responded with a grin.

He then materialized his sword for his next move, as his opponent prepared for defensive action.

"~Insect Style: Fluttering Sting~,” said Probacon with soft expressionisms.

In an instant, he dashed at Galax at a terrific and uncanny rate and used a single thrust to stab Galax's abdomen, much to the Kujijin's bewilderment.

"Gack!" Galax exclaimed after a while, as he coughed out blood.

"So…what are those reasons?" Probacon asked.

"You're making an awfully bad blunder, focusing on that,” responded Galax.

"What?,” asked Probacon with gloom.

Suddenly, Probacon blinked for a split-second, and when he opened his eyes, Galax had seemingly transformed, into a log, absolutely befuddling Probacon. "What?!

But before any further action would come from him, his right shoulder was suddenly bored by a beam of energy.

…What? He thought to himself, completely surprised by what just happened.

It was from Galax, who was holding a sort of wand in his hand.

The audience reacted with shock.

"You really are naive and ignorant of everything, aren't you?,” asked Galax sternly, beginning the secondary part of this heated battle…

《The truth…》


0