The Truth Of The Djin
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Defined mind, concocted with chaos.

A well-presenting Galax helping fellow Kujijin with their tasks using his wand.


The previous happenings had drawn the emotion of unexpected surprise onto the faces of many watching, spectator and contender alike.

The hole formed through Probacon's shoulder from the arcane beam was relative to a bottle cork.

Galax placed his wand down, whilst Probacon fell onto a knee, holding the area that had been pierced through.

"Grk!," groaned Probacon with furrowing brows, as the hole repaired itself completely.

"Do you get it? You've yet to see the big picture, but attempt to think and fight on my level.” Galax worded.

"What ‘big picture’?,” asked Probacon with irritated gestures. "All I know is you're a pain in the ass and a shithead! (And you were struggling just a second ago…)"

"Haa. Same old, same old,” sighed Galax.

"Keep that foul mouth in check, you aggressive and vile…"

"Shut the hell up!” Probacon turned to face Galax and retorted.

"Hmph! I expect no less from you. Not surprising though, considering what your origins are."

"What. Are. You. Even. Saying?!,” demanded an infuriated Probacon with a now vicious glare.

"Do you truly want to know?”

"Just spit it already!,” roared Probacon, just as he rushed at Galax with a tackle in mind.

An action that bore no fruit, as he simply jumped straight through thin air. This again?!

He proceeded to thud onto the ground with his right side with a gruff grunt.

The "real" Galax appeared behind him.

"One. It should be clear to you you're under a sort of hypnosis. That's the mechanic of True Delusion. Which I brought about when you and I clashed attacks, and use to constantly falsify your sensitivities through every single means.” He began to explain.

《The ability to completely control another's perception of the world.》

Probacon attempted another strike at the Kujijin, with a similar result as before.

《Of limitless application, and effective use.》

"Grrrh…" Probacon rumbled in rage.

"Two. However the Djin of your universe, realm, or whatever are like, doesn't concern me.”

“All I know is the origin…of all the spawns of evil!"

Probacon had privy been rushing towards Galax, but came to a sudden stop upon hearing those words.

And he was not alone. For a deafening silence traveled in a wave through everywhere, a silence of concession to the proposed.

Probacon slowly bowed his head, as Galax explained further.

"A tale told to nearly all. Of how one mil years ago, the Original Djin was formed. From where, most do not know. What we do know is, whatever created it, was of nothing but pure devilry, reflected by that Djin himself."

Probacon squeezed his hands into fists, and clenched his teeth.

"He went on a rampage of chaos and destruction, only being stopped and ‘purified’ when Grandmaster Servants intervened. And even then, as he became an occurrence in vast stretches of the omniverse, some versions of him managed to birth offspring. Such of which managed to get varying behavioral traits. Some wound up like those of your universe, probably. And others…we're like in mine. Causing terrible unadulterated devastation, and even destroying my homeworld, and soon, the entire universe."

Many would gasp in shock, unknowing of the fate of Galax's home corporeality, and in some cases the influence of the Djin. They now however came to terms with the Kujijin's mindset, with many relating and even agreeing, for the Djin were dangerous when they could be.

《The Djin》

For the Djin truly were, of an inherent maliciousness.

《The chaos embodiments that carry only destruction.》

"So you see, young Probacon, I averted this fight initially due to your kind's true nature, and their connection to the place I called home.”

“And I will not hang about and compete with such. You should know that much now...” Galax finished as he crossed his arms, as Probacon still stood there in silence.

Everyone watched with intrigue, looking to behold the next deed of the Djin.

"Huh, nice informative segment…,” jokingly chuckled Probacon in a lower tone, proceeding to then slowly begin to raise his head.

"But…this is the basic stuff!"

His response triggered a perplexed reaction from Galax. Hm?.

"You think I wouldn't know the origin?!"

“I never said so. But you presented yourself as ignorant.” Galax shot back, with rising irritation.

“Well, I do! You bet I damn well do!” He yelled, with recollection of older memories, of talking to his mother, skimming books and encyclopedias, and talking to town elders.

"I already know of all that, our true nature and what not. I know it all. But even at that…I…”

“I am not the Prime Djin!”

“None of us are! And no one’s sum total is of their ancestry alone. We are who we are, and who we wanna be. You can't be so stupid as to not recognize that!" He said to Galax as he placed his inner right fist on his chest, with a face plastered with unrestricted emotion.

Suddenly, cheers of agreement and acknowledgment towards Probacon's words began coming forth from the masses of the Coliseum.

Galax responded with a frown of visible irritation.

"And you say that despite being his near-spitting image?" Galax turned to and enquired of Probacon, seeing in him the Original's frame.

"Hell yeah! Whatever he was or his deeds were are of no consequence to me. All I know is that I'm not him. My path in this ‘omniverse’ is mine alone to make. Same as my aspirations."

As he said this, the crowds cheered him on even greater than before.

"And…and…”

“I'll get that crown! And even meet the Grandmaster Deity!!!"

However, there was a collective puzzlement, embarrassment and disdain towards his words afterwards, viewing outright announcing one's goals as foolish, projected at him in the form of jeers.

"Huh? What? What did I say?" He queried with a genuine bafflement at the garnered response.

"Wow, you're such an idiot,” exhaled Galax. "SHUT YOUR FRICKIN’ TRAP, WILL YOU?!" Probacon retorted angrily.

Meanwhile, in the second round seating area, David, Adashu and Couch oversaw what was occurring beneath them. "That idiot…" David sighed in exasperation, with face in hand. "A hell of a riot!,” laughed Couch hysterically. "I have never seen someone so confident, yet so…moronic,” commented Adashu.

"Even still…,” said David, which led Adashu to turn to him interestedly.

“Such a spirit…can cause great things to manifest ahead of it, do you not think?"

"Hmm. Perhaps…” Adashu responded with a gentle smile.

Back in the Field, Probacon and Galax still looked at each other distanced, now taking more relaxed battle positions.

"Big dreamer, huh? Well then, I'll just crush those and unveil your true self all at once.” He declared, preparing his next attack.

"Hmph!,” grunted Probacon, taking up a more proper widened stance in preparation.

Galax created more plants, sending them to Probacon's position.

But using just his arms and legs, Probacon destroyed each and every one by flailing around in erratic fashion, using his spurs to strike at the plants all at once.

He barreled towards Galax once again.

And went ahead to deliver a solid kick. But as it would be, it was to a faux Galax, whose true form was a tree trunk.

Damn! This stupid illusion stuff? He questioned.

He was suddenly struck with plants from his left side and was sent flying away. "Ugh!

He would quickly recover and go back on the offensive, looking to lose no time at all.

All his offensive maneuvers were futile however, as anytime he had seemingly struck his opponent well, it repeatedly was revealed to be an illusion. All the while getting hit continuously by plants from all angles.

~Morph Beam!~ He shot out four beams from each of his now configured horns which were now frontward of many plants, transforming them all into rocks.

He skid across the ground before coming to a halt.

He began panting from feeling a minor burn of exertion.

"Running on fumes?" Galax's voice echoed as he appeared in the sky suddenly with folded arms.

"Just where might I be? Here? Here? Here? Or maybe, here?" In a gesture of pure paranormal prowess, he created a midair armada of illusionary clones of himself, leaving Probacon bewildered in the process.

Damn it! This is frustrating! As long as my sensing is bungled, I can't properly perceive this guy…, thought Probacon.

Wait…perception…?

Then his eyes widened in sudden acuity and rising enterprise.

He quickly closed his eyes, and cut off tiny pieces off the tips of two horns and plugged his ears with them.

He placed his palms together, and began to meditate, with a yet unknown intent in mind.

《A newfound objective…》

Everyone observed in confusion, wondering what he was planning.

What's this?..., thought the Galaxs as he watched from above.

"Hmm….,” mulled the Viosi Toxic, who watched from the second round seating with keen interest.

Well, whatever it is…, thought Galax, as he began to prepare another Death Ball, one to possibly end the contest.

Meanwhile, Probacon carried on in his concentration, laser-focused on the aim in sight.

《Ki.》

What he seemed to aim for was related to that very lifeblood, energy which surrounded and flowed through an animated entity.

《One of the many forms of tangible essences of beings across all the omniverse.》

That which he and many others privy had been using in many ways for a variety of effects.

《A means to enhance both physical prowess and spiritual connection.》

Probacon began retrospecting another short memory in his psyche. “Ki…”

《But…》

***

He recollected an old memory, one where at a younger age he learnt from a retired fighter of his planet about the various ways one could use what was called "ki". The fighter was an older Djin, greatly taller than Probacon, but with signs of old age. His attire was similar to Probacon's, except he wore a red and aquamarine tunic with a brown leather belt, with his pants black and his boots gray. “Is a part of all life. No matter what. It may be deeply innate, or possess another name, or another form. It is even part of the greater spectrum of what is called the Life-Force. Even still, that is what it is. It can be used for many things. To gain strength, to sense others, or…to connect with others.” m

A younger Probacon looked on with interest, keen to learn more and do more with this newfound knowledge.

***

Probacon exited his memories, and began to focus on one word. “Sensing”. Focus. Focus. Focus!

《Ki, and all the many esses…》

In the meanwhile, Galax had wholly charged up a Death Ball, one larger and of more vigor.

"Say goodbye, Djin!" He exclaimed, hurling it at his opponent's vicinity.

But as it came closer, Probacon seemingly completed his preparation, swiftly running away from there as it landed and detonated.

Now expelling vast amounts of ki all over, to the point it seemed to cause steam to emit from his frame, his eyes were closed, and ears still blocked. His body was tensed, but not to an extremity.

《Can do so much more.》

"Ho?,” exclaimed Toxic.

"Hmph! You might have avoided that, but try this,” shouted Galax, releasing even more plants towards Probacon.

But he swiftly avoided each of them, jumping towards Galax.

Meanwhile, the real Galax stood behind a rock, analyzing the battle from away. He still thinks that's the real me? Looks like not much has changed.

Therefore–.

But before he could complete his thinking, he was abruptly punched on his cheek.

Said punch sent him through the rock, flying away from his previous spot.

It was from none other than Probacon, with his eyes still closed.

What-?, thought a greatly baffled Galax.

Many gazed in shock, as the real Galax was finally in the light, and slowly, some began to realize what Probacon had just done.

"How?" Galax asked Probacon as he sat up from the floor, but he received no answer.

The former began scraping the ground with his fingers in anger. "I asked…”

HOW?!" He yelled, swiftly firing off a beam from his wand again at Probacon.

But the Djin swiftly eluded his attack.

Galax constantly pressed on with his wand, but Probacon avoided all his attacks using his superior speed just as before.

“True Delu-!” The former yelled, attempting to utilize his illusion technique again.

But it failed, as Probacon instantly sensed where the real Galax was, darting to and striking him with emphatic force.

He followed up with an incredible repeated throwing of various strikes, all of which connected.

The masses and competitors beheld this sight with awe on their faces, as many cheered at this change of pace.

"He boosted his extrasensory ability to the max...and acts just as before? This guy…he's something,” said a humanoid, who's mouth and nose were mask-covered.

"Hmm-hmm. Interesting,” chuckled Toxic.

"Ha, spunky faw!,” said Wok. "I know, right?” Drizzled added.

"So…looks like he may be smarter than we thought?" Adashu asked David, who simply chuckled.

"He keeps airing his worth every time. And I highly doubt this is the end,” said David.

Meanwhile, the fight went on, with Probacon essentially outperforming Galax, who'd eventually recede in deep frustration.

Probacon, still with his eyes shut, took a proper stance, prepared for whatever was to come next…

《He employs the perceptions beyond the physical! What next?!》


 

0