The Spirit Of Fire
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Burning. Raging. The endless combustion of desire and drive.


Probacon carried on his victory cry, doing so for time prolonged.

《He continues on.》

But the crowds still cheered on, amazed by his performance and enactments.

《Acknowledged by all.》

Before him was his opponent, who was still knocked out, with opened eyes but no visible pupils, lying on the floor in a starfish position with the front of his body facing above, and a gaping mouth.

As Probacon kept on, the applause from fellow contenders continued in appreciation for his efforts from a-many of them, especially his latest acquaintances.

David smiled as he clapped.

Drizzled grinned as he did so, while Wok used his mouth and both hands to whistle.

Then he stopped yelling, panting heavily from the strain of it.

The crowd still cheered on for him regardless, still recognizing him for what he was, and what he could be.

Dgiag and Tōmii watched on, gaining pleasure in the reply to him.

"Marry, a turbulous joust this hath been,” said Tōmii. "Haha. That is truth, Lord Tōmii. Not to mention…” Dgiag declared.

He slowly turned his attention to the projection of the Field, paying specific attention to Probacon. "That Djin child…has something special, do you not think?"

To this, Tōmii simply smiled.

"Whoever knowest? The omni-reality o’ our Truth is o’ great mystery…” Tōmii replied rather ambiguously.

This response was rather disappointing for Dgiag, who pouted slightly as a result.

“Oh, just tell me! You should know already.” He asked of Tōmii, hoping for the latter to charter his existence and role in the omniversal hierarchy for this reason.

"Dgiag, thou full well wot o’ the implication and rule o’ a work as disingenuous as this…" Tōmii echoed.

"Yes, I know. Just make an exception this once, hmm?" "Nay."

"Oh, fiddlesticks! Anyway…" Dgiag transposed into the Field, as he did per usual.

"BEINGS OF THE OMNIVERSE!!!" He exclaimed, gaining the attention of the still cheering crowd, who stopped as soon as he spoke.

"As always, these battles have proven what this event is truly about. This one, it showcased the ironhard will of these two. Despite the fact that only one here came out victorious, in my eyes, both have won. Same to those who have all fought before. Not all might have won their respective battles, but for the most part, in the grand scheme of all things, YOU HAVE WON!!!"

The crowd roared at his words.

"And…even in some cases…" He continued, contemplating what had happened in some certain previous contests. "Even if the battle ended in the loss of a life, he who died will still receive his appraisal elsewhere."

He shook himself up and composed himself once again.

"Regardless.” He said, turning in Probacon and Galax's direction.

"You.” He said, referring to an unresponsive Probacon.

"Djin Pro, you've shown all here that origin does not determine journey. And in spectacular fashion gained the victory. Do you–."

Before he could complete his question, Probacon suddenly fell to the floor.

This brought about shock and concern from many, some fearing the worst.

But as it turned out, Probacon had simply passed out due to overexertion, as he poured every last bit of energy he had left at the time into his final attack. Dgiag looked at him, at first stunned.

"Beings of the omniverse, fret not.” He said with a relieved chuckle, aiming to calm the tension amongst the masses and onlookers.

"Djin Pro here has just succumbed to basic mortal design. He is fatigued from his strenuous match. It is to be expected after putting on such a showing, and with such a spectacular attack for a finale. Nonetheless…"

Dgiag snapped his fingers, summoning some Jmlehvu.

"They will nurse him back to full health, in preparation for the next round.” He said as he signaled to the Jmlehvu, who quickly attended to Probacon's minor wounds.

They then teleported away, with both Probacon and Galax.

Dgiag tipped his hat downwards.

That Djin…hmm, he's a special one, that is certain. He thought as he smiled.

"That match-up carried more momentum from its predecessor. And the next…,” spoke Dgiag, with the wheels being spun yet again in the background.

All looked on, anticipating what the next battle would be like.

The wheels began to slow down, just about to indicate just who would be the next partakers in this event.

***

Meanwhile, Probacon would suddenly jolt awake in a room somewhere in the Bounded Coliseum. "Great candy corn!" He exclaimed upon waking and jumping into an upright seating position, which startled most of those in the room with him. The room was of primarily white and yellow colors, with many beds, one of which he was in, as well as seats and devices that made it akin to an infirmary.

In it, were mostly Jmlehvu, so he deduced it to be a sort of medical room or the like. Ah, this must be-.

Other beings present in the room seemed to be fellow contenders who had been taken there for recovery.

"I'm guessing this is…” He spoke once again after a long silence.

"You guess correctly, young Djin. This is our recovery room, or the Metamedic Room, if you will,” said one of the Jmlehvu as she approached him. Essentially everything about her made it clear she was the senior of them all.

"Oh. Okay then. What even happened?"

"You lost consciousness upon your battle's conclusion.” Another Jmlehvu, who stood to his right said. "Is that so?" He replied.

"Yes. And kinda an embarrassment considering I lost to you, with all the yelling you're doing,” said a voice that Probacon instantly recognized and turned to.

“Galax!” Probacon explained, as in his view was the very being he had battled, also on a bed, and bandaged across several parts of his body.

"Well, it could have been worse anyway.”

"So, how're you feeling?" "Uh, alright for the most part…"

"I see. That's good, considering you still have to battle in another round." Galax said.

"Yeah,” responded Probacon. "Regardless, you two must rest now,” said the older Jmlehvu.

"The battle you partook of was one that drained you both substantially. It would be best advised to not move about too much for a while. Understood?"

"Yes." Both responded in unison, as she then walked away and the two others beside them continued treatment and healing.

"By the way…” The Jmlehvu attending to Probacon would say, gaining his attention. "Hmm?"

"You saved me just prior to your battle in the food arena. It was a great help at that moment. So, I owe you my gratitude.” She said to him, as Probacon quickly realized it was her that the Shinigami's group had attacked.

"Ah. Psssh. Yeah, it's nothing, really. That's just me. Always has been, always will be.” Probacon responded with a large grin on his face.

"Have you always been stupidly loud too?" Galax interrupted with a cocky grin. "Can it, you!,” an infuriated Probacon returned.

"Hmm-hmm. Truly your humor is impeccable.” The Jmlehvu chuckled, causing Probacon to respond with a bashful smile and place a hand on the back of his head.

"Still, if you don't mind asking…" He said to the Jmlehvu. "Hm?"

"Why didn't you fight back against those guys? From my view, I'd say you're probably much more powerful than them…"

"Because my role, and the role of my fellow sisters, is not that of fighter or combatant. We heal, we treat, we repair, we revitalize. That is what we do. It is a grand omniverse, Probacon. And all have a role to fulfill, and I must fulfill mine.” She would respond.

Probacon reflected on her words for a moment. The entire omniverse sure is strange.

"Okay. That I get. Even still, a quick sucker punch and hitchhike would've worked out.” He encouraged with a mimic of such kinesics.

"There is one more reason…” She responded in a lower voice to prevent him from hearing. "Huh? What's that?", asked a curious Probacon, who heard regardless, much to her shock.

"It…it be best I do not tell you.” She responded sternly.

Probacon could sense the sharp change in tone, so he didn't bother asking again.

"Way to sully the mood, Djin," said Galax loftily. "Oh, quit it already, you oversized slug!,” responded an angry Probacon.

The two began arguing once again, while their attendants looked to calm each down.

"Sheesh. They sure are a riot,” said a fellow contender, who was in the room as well. "And a prime example of the shouting side is the winning side…,” added another, as the two's shouts were still audible even in the background.

***

Probacon would leave eventually upon full recovery, thanking the Jmlehvu for their treatment, and rushed back towards the Field at full throttle.

《He returns, finally to the great gala.》

Upon reaching there however, he was rightfully surprised to see another gate, with a Ueumi guiding it.

《No longer on one end.》

"This way, Djin Pro.” It said in a childlike voice, beckoning for Probacon to go through the second one.

《But a fresh, new one.》

"Huh. Okay.” Probacon said as he walked through it.

《Through a pathway of emphatic irredicense.》

As he entered, he was caught unawares by a sudden brightness, immediately reacting by shielding his eyes.

Suddenly, he appeared at the edge of what appeared to be the second round seating, being spotted and noticed by some of his fellow contenders.

"Probacon!,” said David.

"Oh! There ya are!" Probacon said.

In flaunting fashion, he acrobatically flipped and somersaulted to reach David's end, ending with a hup! with his arms stuck out for proper balance.

"So, how are you feeling now?” The prince inquired. "Never better, not to lie.” Probacon replied.

"Good to hear. Take a seat,” said David as Probacon sat right beside him.

"Oh! Hey, Chime guy. Your fight was great too." Probacon said to Adashu.

"The name's Adashu. I share with you the same compliment.” Adashu responded.

"So, what did I miss?,” asked Probacon.

"Just two matches. One between a male Arcofiend Bbenson and a male Kujijin called the Kame Kami. And another between a male Ghouling named Exukao and a female Sarhun Lulua Star." David replied. "Two!? Dang it!"

"Don't worry over it too much. For many are yet to come." Adashu said. "Hmm…true."

In a strange turn, Probacon felt a strange shiver run through the entirety of his being.

He slowly turned to look behind himself, only to see Bora glaring at him from a distance.

This terrified Probacon, who slowly turned forward to avoid anything at all involving Bora for the time being.

"What's wrong, Probacon?," questioned David with concern. "It's alright…just a little…tingling is all.” Probacon answered with clear signs of discomfort.

"Well, ignore those. Another duel looms,” said Adashu.

Attention would be placed upon Dgiag, as he gestured at the wheels, and Tōmii caused another cycle from them.

They stopped on two tags, transporting those with the names into the frey.

And that would be the repeating process of the rest of the first round. Many picks, many battles, and much splendor.

All the battles showcased both the gifts and shortcomings of multiple beings, engaging the masses and celebrating existence

For the contenders, a large portion would move on to the second round, ready to take on the coming challenges.

And for Probacon, he was greeted by a familiar face or two, but most individuals were of those with prevalent anonymity to him.

But irregarding, the Djin was refreshed by all he had seen.

And he was raring to go, straight into the next round of the tournament…


0