The Barrister Vs The Hunter
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The contest of residual context propelled in a state of progress untouched.

Wok and Noot wearing medieval armor as they ride on horses through vast green hills.


***

With the first round now concluded, the Designated Seating for second-round contenders now had all eighty of its available seats filled up, all by individuals of notable prowess, who had bested whosoever their opponent was. All of said advancers possessed knowledge of their oppositions’ prowess in one way or another, thus making the coming round much more interesting.

《With the multitude halved, only the best proceeding.》

The original seating space had been removed, replaced by the Elimination Designated Seating, where folk like Drizzled would stay, though a few who were defeated were subsequently killed, and the perpetrators adequately punished.

《And those left behind watch on in silence,》

Dgiag and Tōmii had kept keen note on the progression of the tournament, as the former swiftly transposed himself into the Limitless Field in expected fashion.

《The next phase creeps in, slowly but surely.》

"BEINGS OF THE OMNIVERSE!!!" He shouted, stunning some of the audience.

"The first round…is now concluded. And the second begins…with refreshed wheels, noted with the selection of the fourscore who progressed to the next round!!!"

The crowds roared in full immersion in the event, prepared for the next phase's occasions.

In one corner of the Second-round Designated space, sat the likes of Probacon, David, Wok, Adashu, the nix Noot whom Probacon had conversed with, Couch Potato, and the Absorbant Kai Cobra. "It appears we were all fortunate enough to move forward. How are you all feeling?,” asked Adashu.

"Shitty,” responded a worn-out Couch, to which some laughed.

"Of course. You aimed to take a life, remember?,” said an unimpressed David. "I don't need your damn patronizing!” Couch retorted with ire. "He makes a point though,” added Probacon. "Shut up, Djin!"

"He doesn't need to,” stated David. "For he pointed out plain truth."

"Guys, relax. These flaring offs help absolutely no one,” said Kai in an attempt to calm tempers. "He's right. Chill out, faws.” Wok commented.

"Regardless, you all showed great skill and ability, and that I mean wholly. A chance to joust with even one of you would be a nice treat,” said Noot with his head bowed, eyes closed and arms crossed.

"Much obliged, Noot.” David replied with a smile. "But in all truth, such flattery is inconsequential. Your genius and your skill far surpass all of ours.”

"Uh-huh. And your technical know-how, and weapon proficiency…,” said Probacon.

"...Just from a few hundred years of experience. Nothing special,” replied Noot, which left a huge silence between those discussing.

"You're like…ten times older than each of us, a super-duper-genius, and if I recall correctly…" Wok began to orate whilst counting his fingers on each point.

“You have a far longer lifespan than most of us.” "Doesn't affect yours, now does it?"

"True. Like Davie here. Them Nafiman genes will give him a good 250 years."

"Hm. With my luck, and the track record of my ancestral lineage and past kings, I highly doubt such…” David jested though with a slightly serious undertone.

"How sad…” Couch whispered under his voice. "I heard that.” David reproached with irritation.

"Anyway…”

“Djin Pro, allow me to specially commend that display of resolve,” said Kai, looking at Probacon. "Eh-hehe.” Probacon laughed bashfully, rubbing his palm on the back of his head.

"Seriously, though. You should've seen David here. He was ecstatic at it,” said Adashu. "Hmm-hmm. I just believe in his potential.” David chuckled in response.

"Man, why no one believe in my potential?,” inquired a disappointed Wok who lay on two seats. "With possession of the All-Meridian, whatever we think of your potential should be of no consequence to you,” rebutted Noot in a monotone voice.

Wok sat up to look Noot in the eyes, with his optics squinted in annoyance. "I don't like you.”

"Also, Davie,” He said, turning to face David. "What's the range of your Void Rein? Or even its limits?" "I really don't know.” David replied.

"It's one of my most recent gains, so I'm still in the process of complete mastery. All I know…”

“Is that what I showed against Drizzled isn't the full extent of its possibilities."

"Okay. Hey, um, what's your name again? Snake?,” enquired Wok as he turned to Kai.

"As I said four times before, it's Kai Cobra!" He replied frustrated. "Oh, yeah! Anyway, those martial skills are insane!"

"Hm. Thanks. Like Noot said, it's years of training that pays off.” Kai replied as he scrubbed his chin with a proud smile.

"...Could've sworn you were…did I forget…never mind...,” noted Wok, stopping in his tracks upon noticing Kai's slowly boiling irritation.

Kai simply sighed upon Wok's newfound silence.

"And what about you, Adashu? How does someone compete with the Chime Clan's special eyes?" Kai inquired.

"One of the many mysteries of the omniverse, I'm afraid…" Adashu joked, to which Kai laughed in response.

A few of the others followed suit, either laughing or giving off a light chuckle.

《Camaraderie and bonds built over time.》

Suddenly, Probacon began swinging his head around for a moment, confusing the others.

"...When does it start?" He asked with an impatient frown.

"Right about…" Kai began to say, moving his head forward.

"NOW!!!" All of them, excluding Probacon, said in unison with full focus placed on the projection, with the latter quickly jolting to do the same.

Dgiag signaled to Tōmii yet again, and the wheels were spun.

They were so for a time, keeping many if not all on the edge of their seats.

Their acceleration soon turned into deceleration.

And finally, they reached a full stop, causing two to be teleported into the main Field.

"BEINGS OF THE OMNIVERSE…,” said Dgiag with exuberant bodily expression. "WE HAVE OUR MATCH!!!"

The crowds erupted, just desiring that the match start already.

"In the first corner, you already saw him in that spectacular match! The male Amazon warrior! The Hunter, Biz!"

"May Athena guide me once again…,” said Biz with a softer voice, a humanoid of the Amazon race. Porcelain-skinned, just above average in height, with short brown curly hair and green-irised droopy-almond eyes, wearing clothing of Greek dresses with modernized features, colored blue, gold and white, and brown sandals.

《Biz, The Hunter. Male Amazonian. Age 127.》

"And in the second, the Barrister, Barrth!"

"The Amazon, huh?,” spoke Barrth, of the Absorbant race. With long black hair, an "x" scar across his left eye, average in height and with a slight tan, gray irides with baggy eyes, wearing a dark blue long-sleeved shirt with a strange logo in the middle and brown paddings on his shoulders, black jeans with flat studs at their bottoms, white tape on his wrists, and gray shoes.

《Barrth. Absorbant. Age 25.》

"Show your respects.” Dgiag said, as the two greeted each other in their varying fashions.

Dgiag then transposed away, back to the Bounded Coliseum, before signaling for this match to start.

"BEGIN!!!"

Both men took varied widened stances, analyzing their opponent completely, combining what they knew from prior battles with all other possibilities, scouting for the best possible strategy.

Biz was the first to attack, charging at and blitzing Barrth with an inhuman punch, sending him back.

Barrth got up near-immediately, heading towards Biz in retaliation.

Both began exchanging blows from their respective combat styles. Biz's was of hard blows from a combat style reminiscent of Muay Thai, and Barrth with the soft but sharp attacks and throws similar to Aikido.

Eventually, Biz would hit Barrth with a well-placed roundhouse kick to the temple, causing the Absorbant to reel.

The former would then rush at his opponent with veracity.

And send him flying away once again, this time with a jumping spinning back kick to the side.

Barrth landed violently onto the floor, and took his time in recovery.

He eventually rose up, beginning to slowly walk in his opponent's direction.

Biz took a stance with readied arms in awareness of the coming attack.

But Barrth simply pointed his clenched fist in that direction, as it began to gain a redder color and emitted steam, a sign of it being heated.

He fired it at Biz, and it would strike the latter in the jaw.

Barrth's hand was left somewhat disfigured, with a gooey white substance around the stub and pouring from it.

But in an instant, his hand reformed from that very substance, good as new.

Biz quickly denoted what his opponent had used. The Pome of Dough…must mean it's my cue then.

In an instant, he darted along the path towards Barrth.

And then struck a stunned Barrth with a powerful kick.

"I've got a little something for you.” He said to Barrth, seemingly beginning to charge up energy all over himself.

Barrth's eyes widened in alert upon realizing the implication of those words, sensing the problems to come.

He was unable to respond however, as Biz would expunge a great burst of energy from himself, seemingly eradicating both him and Barrth.

The explosion cleared away large nearby rock formations on the Field as well, numbering up to twelve.

Shock was birthed amongst the audiences, born from the potential of such an anticlimactic ending.

But spirits were revitalized when Barrth skipped out of the explosion, barely scathed.

Barrth himself thought the match to be over, until his opponent suddenly reappeared, leaving everyone bewildered beyond belief.

"How?" He asked Biz.

“They say ask and it shall be given to you; inquire and you shall achieve. But I did find many of those practices a bit moronic.” Biz remarked with parabolic speak.

Speak that would initially confuse Barrth.

But Barrth was sharp in wit, so he would uncover the meaning to the bizarre statement fast enough.

And upon doing that, he gave a smirk of astonishment. “You can grant your own wishes, huh?”

"...Yes. The Wish Whisperer is this power's name." Biz responded.

"And you survived because due to your Absorbant genealogy, correct? Absorbing most of the energy in your vicinity before receiving grave harm."

"Heh. You're sharp.” Barrth responded.

“Good. These...are the makings of a good contest,” declared Biz, as he began charging at his opponent, as their match carried into its next stages…


0