Don’t Even Blink
30 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Amidst the smoky aftermath of the cataclysmic clash, Azmond emerged, his tattered robes billowing in the remnants of the magical maelstrom. His body bore the scars of the explosive encounter, but a twisted grin played on his lips, an unmistakable spark of exhilaration gleaming in his eyes.

"Is that the best you've got, Goblin King?!" he roared, his voice echoing through the war-torn landscape.

The Goblin King, though battered, maintained his arrogant posture. "Don't celebrate too soon, Vermin! The real show is just beginning!"

With a surge of renewed vigor, Azmond charged, lightning crackling around him. The Goblin King countered, conjuring a barrier of swirling fire to shield himself. The collision of their powers created a dazzling display of sparks and flames, each combatant struggling to gain the upper hand.

As the battle raged on, the tides shifted. Azmond, tapping into the depths of his battle-crazed lunacy, unleashed a barrage of lightning-infused strikes. The Goblin King, caught off guard, staggered, his defenses faltering as one clean strike from Azmond sent him spiraling through a mountain range. 

The mountain range was on the verge of collapse as the Goblin King came out the other side and hit the ground face first as he ended up thousands of meters beneath the earth.

"You underestimated me, you arrogant Piggie!" Azmond bellowed, reveling in the thrill of the fight.

The Goblin King, undeterred, countered with a series of explosive spells as he leaped up from the crater he made, the stray spells that missed Azmond decimated large parts of the topography when they landed.

The ones that hit were forcing Azmond on the defensive. Thunderous shockwaves reverberated through the air, shaking the very core of the battleground.

In the midst of the chaos, Azmond's madness proved to be his greatest strength. Each blow he suffered only fueled his determination, transforming pain into a relentless drive to overpower his adversary. The Goblin King, equally unyielding, met Azmond's onslaught with calculated precision, the battlefield becoming a spectacle of raw power and flashing lights as elemental attacks were fired in every direction.

Crystalline, watching with a mix of awe and concern, observed as Azmond pushed beyond his limits. His movements became a dance of lightning and fire, a chaotic symphony of destruction. The Goblin King, equally relentless, matched Azmond blow for blow, the clash of their forces creating shockwaves that tore through the very foundation of the land beneath them.

As the battle reached its zenith, Azmond, bloodied but not broken, unveiled a new technique |Aerocharge Blitz|—a fusion of lightning and wind elements. A cyclone of energy enveloped him, amplifying his speed and power. The Goblin King, caught off guard by this sudden surge, struggled to keep up.

With a ferocious roar, Azmond descended upon the Goblin King like a storm unleashed. Lightning crackled around him as he delivered a series of devastating blows. The Goblin King, now on the defensive, desperately countered, but the sheer force of Azmond's assault left him reeling.

Crystalline, her worry escalating, witnessed the intensity of the battle with a mixture of worry and… possession? 

‘I swear… if that vermin injures MY Azmond anymore than he has, I will…’

Crystalline Icy exterior darkened considerably as a visible killing intent began to materialize around her.

‘...What was I thinking just now?...’ 

A puzzled look appeared on Crystalline's perfect face as she tilted her head slightly and pondered… until she once again completely forgot what she was doing…

‘...Whatever… Probably nothing important…’

Crystalline reassured herself as she once again refocused her attention on the ongoing battle.

The power unleashed by Azmond transcended any power level Crystalline assumed he had prior to the battle. 

‘...Azmond is around my age right?... Why is he so strong?...’

Crystalline’s resolve for power only strengthened when she thought of the possibility of Azmond one day leaving her behind because she wasn't strong enough…

‘You will never leave ME Azmond…’

Unknowingly to Crystalline… A small distorted smile appeared on her face as she gazed lovingly at Azmonds flashing figure.

………

Meanwhile, back during the fight…

The very air crackled with energy as Azmond and the Goblin King continued their relentless exchange.

In the heart of the storm, Azmond's eyes blazed with an unquenchable fire. Despite the wounds and fatigue, he reveled in the ecstasy of battle. The Goblin King, equally fervent, met Azmond's gaze with a twisted grin of his own.

The clash between the two monsters reached a crescendo, the battlefield bathed in an ethereal glow. Lightning danced across the sky, and flames roared like an untamed beast. The earth itself seemed to tremble beneath the weight of their power.

As the dust settled and the echoes of the battle lingered, both Azmond and the Goblin King stood, battered and bruised, their eyes locked in mutual hate for the other.

Crystalline, her heart pounding, could hardly believe the spectacle she had witnessed. The obsession that had taken root within her only deepened as she watched Azmond, bloodied and marked by the scars of battle… Though her hate for the Goblin King only grew…

‘That stupid f*cking pig! Injuring my Azmond like that… I should just go up there and rip its hideous off its neck…’

Crystalline started to have disturbing thoughts as her eyes started to darken even further than before.

The Goblin King, acknowledging that this fight was harder than he thought it would be, spat out a mouthful of blood but managed a defiant chuckle. 

"You're stronger than I thought, Vermin!” The Goblin King started to speak with a sinister grin.

“But playtime is over… I will now show you the true insurmountable difference between someone who is half a step into the Nascent Soul Realm and someone who has been in the Nascent Soul Realm for centuries!”

The Goblin King’s aura began to expand hundreds of times over as a stifling pressure was felt by all those around.

“Now you are speaking my language Piggie!! You will be the perfect guinea pig to try out something I have been wanting to test for a very long time now.”

“|QUANTUM GATE|... It will be the last thing you’ll ever hear” A maniacal grin formed on Azmond’s distorted face as massive amounts of energy began to swirl around him.

“Do not blink.” Azmond’s emotionless voice started to sound.

“Do not close your eyes for even a second…”

“Because if you do…”

“You won't even know when you died.”

A face as cold as ice emerged on Azmond’s countenance as the energies within the atmosphere gathered around Azmond with no end in sight.

“Prepare everything you have, Use everything you have, Take as much time as you need…”

“Don't come crying to me about unfairness after you pass on.” Azmond's Icy exterior formed a wide cruel smile as he looked at the Goblin King with disdain.

4