1-1 Crushing it Hard
101 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Good morning..."

Shigeo finds himself sitting in a classroom at Winslow High, the sounds of chatter and shuffling papers filling the air around him. The date is January 31, 2011. Outside, the weather is gloomy, with dark clouds looming overhead, reflecting Shigeo's own somber mood.

The teacher drones on about history, but Shigeo's mind is elsewhere. He absentmindedly taps his pen against the notebook in front of him, his thoughts drifting back to the events that led him here—the destruction caused by Leviathan, the loss of his home, and the new life he's trying to build under the guidance of his adoptive parent, Reigen.

It has been twelve years, and he still misses home.

Suddenly, a commotion breaks out in the hallway outside the classroom. Shigeo's senses sharpen as he instinctively tunes in to the emotions of those around him. Fear, excitement, and confusion mingle in the air as students begin to murmur and whisper.

Shigeo is not essentially an ‘empath’ who can read emotions as if it is his superpower, he is just intuitive of the state of mind of the people around him much keener than others, something he has trained over the years to keep his head low, and not attract attention.

Taylor enters the classroom. Despite the whispers and glances from their classmates, Taylor maintains a stoic expression, seemingly unfazed by the attention.

Nobody in Winslow High doesn’t know of Locker Girl and the Bullying Campaign prior that has made Taylor’s life a living hell.

Feeling a pang of empathy, Shigeo recalls his own struggles with controlling his emotions and powers in the face of something that hurts. He knows what it's like to feel like an outcast and to be the target of ridicule and scorn.

It hurts Shigeo more that he has done nothing when such a nice person like Taylor has to suffer like that, being locked in a locker, and left there to suffer— she even got hospitalized over it.

[4% Hesitation]

Taking a deep breath, Shigeo decides to approach Taylor during the next break. As the bell rings, signaling the end of the class, he gathers his belongings and waits for the opportune moment to speak with her.

Once the classroom empties out, Shigeo approaches Taylor with a tentative smile. "Hey, Taylor," he begins, trying to keep his voice calm and reassuring. "I'm Shigeo. I've noticed what you've been going through, and I just wanted to say... you're not alone. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here."

It is the first time he has brought himself to finally talk to her… He has been crushing hard on Taylor, starting roughly four years ago. Honestly, it is weird and creepy now that Shigeo comes to think of it, but he is just a boy who doesn’t know how to truly express his feelings.

Being reminded by the locker incident, and despite his lack of involvement, Shigeo cannot help but feel overwhelming shame for staying a bystander.

[18% Shame]

“I know who you are,” Taylor snarls at him, “You are the creepy kid in the corner always quiet and keeps his head down… What now?” She explodes basically telling Shigeo how much of a loser he is, but to say it like that is ironic, because she is in the same situation— a loser.

Feeling the weight of Taylor's defensive reaction, Shigeo takes a step back, respecting her boundaries. He recognizes the pain and distrust in her eyes, understanding that his offer of friendship may not be welcomed at this moment.

"I'm sorry," Shigeo murmurs softly, lowering his gaze to the floor. "I didn't mean to intrude. Just know that... I understand. And if you ever change your mind, I'll be here."

And Shigeo is to blame too… He is a friendless idiot who suffers a great lack of confidence, and seeing this, Taylor grimaced. Taylor then leaves, not giving him a second glance.

Shigeo keeps an eye on Taylor from a distance, silently offering his support from afar— even a prayer will do in these trying times, not that he has much faith in faith.

[22% Sad]

Shigeo's heart sinks at the realization of how Taylor perceives him. Despite his intentions to offer support, he understands that his actions may have only fueled her distrust and discomfort.

Feeling a mix of frustration and disappointment in himself, Shigeo retreats further into his own thoughts, grappling with the complexity of human emotions and how awesome it is if he can just willy-nilly use his powers. He wishes he could convey his sincerity to Taylor, to show her that his offer of friendship is genuine and not another ploy to hurt her. Maybe act as her Knight-in-Shining armor.

Unfortunately, there is a reason why Shigeo has to hide what he is capable of.

For the rest of the day, Shigeo keeps his distance, respecting Taylor's wishes to be left alone.

As the final bell rings, signaling the end of the school day, Shigeo gathers his belongings and prepares to head home. Though the encounter with Taylor didn't go as he had hoped, he remains determined to find a way to reach out to her in the future, to show her that she's not alone in this world.

………

……

.

FEBRUARY 1, 2011—

Shigeo goes about his usual routine of jogging around the neighborhood when he notices Taylor's presence nearby. Surprised by her sudden appearance, he pauses for a moment, considering whether to approach her or continue with his run.

Ultimately, Shigeo decides to focus on himself, understanding that Taylor may not welcome his presence after their previous encounter. He resumes his jog, keeping his pace steady as he clears his mind and lets the rhythmic movement of his body soothe his thoughts.

Despite his decision to ignore Taylor for now, Shigeo can't help but feel a sense of curiosity about her. He wonders what she's doing out here, whether she's looking for some solace in the quiet of the neighborhood or simply trying to escape the pressures of school and her daily life.

As he continues his jog, Shigeo resolves to leave Taylor in her own. Shigeo picks up another direction to run. It doesn’t look like him with a twig-like appearance, but Shigeo exercises every day, and he has been doing it for the past two years straight.

Shigeo wants to improve himself and be a ‘someone’ even without resorting to his powers, that’s why he has joined the Body Improvement Club. Unfortunately, the club is filled with bullies, so he has to go… That doesn’t stop him from exercising. Still, he is making little progress, the problem might be more genetic than he suspects.

………

……

.

FEBRUARY 24, 2011—

“We are reporting live here in the aftermath…”

Shigeo listens to the news of Simurgh's devastating attack on Canberra, Australia, and his heart sinks at the scale of the destruction and the lives lost. The images and reports flashing across the screen serve as a grim reminder of the constant threat posed by the Endbringers in this world.

“Mob,” calls Reigen at him with Mob, Shigeo’s childhood name. “I want you to always stay on your toes more than usual. Any signs of trouble or being outed, you come home immediately, and then we run.”

Feeling a sense of unease settle in the pit of his stomach, Shigeo nods solemnly at Reigen's warning to be vigilant. Shigeo knows that even though he may try to live a normal life, the dangers lurking in the shadows can strike at any moment, threatening everything he holds dear.

Taking Reigen's words to heart, Shigeo promises himself to be not stupid.

[30% Doubt]

March passes by in a blur of mundane school routines and academic responsibilities, Shigeo finds himself slipping into a familiar rhythm, the events of the past months fading into the background as he focuses on his studies and maintaining a sense of normalcy in his life.

However, as April arrives and the weather begins to warm, Shigeo makes a surprising discovery—Taylor, the same girl he encountered at school, is actually his neighbor, living just adjacent to his house. Only a year ago did Shigeo and Reigen change their address, meaning he has been neighbors with Taylor for at least a year!

Changing their residence once every two years has been a procedure for Reigen, but to think Shigeo has lucked out.

The realization dawns on Shigeo as he catches a glimpse of her through the window, her expression unreadable as she catches sight of him.

Feeling a mix of curiosity and apprehension, Shigeo wonders how he never noticed Taylor's presence before, and what it means now that they're living in such close proximity. He knows that their previous encounter at school was less than ideal, and he can't help but feel a twinge of nervousness at the thought of seeing her outside of that context.

………

……

.

OUTSIDE—
in another jogging session.

Shigeo approaches Taylor cautiously, his heart pounding in his chest as he prepares to speak with her. Taking a deep breath, he gathers his thoughts and finds the courage to address her.

"Hey, Taylor," he begins, offering her a small smile. "I... I know we haven't exactly had the best start, but I just wanted to say... I've seen you jogging around the neighborhood, and I think it's cool that you're taking care of yourself like that."

Taylor regards him with a guarded expression, but Shigeo presses on, determined to make amends for their previous encounter.

"I know I might come off as awkward, but I wanted to shoot straight with you," he continues. "If you're going to jog and exercise, I suggest not letting small things get to you. It's important to focus on yourself and what makes you happy, regardless of what others might think."

As he speaks, Shigeo tries to convey his sincerity and understanding, hoping that Taylor will see that he's genuinely trying to reach out to her as a friend and neighbor.

"No thanks, I can take care of myself."

[42% Embarrassment]

Respecting Taylor's response, Shigeo nods understandingly. "Of course, I understand," he replies, his tone sincere. "Just know that if you ever change your mind or need anything, I'm here. Take care, Taylor."

With a small, respectful nod, Shigeo leaves Taylor and jogs on his already predetermined route for the day.


#Mob Trying his Best #Taylor being Depressed

6