1-4 Crushing it Hard
41 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

TATTLETALE IS UNSURE—
7:22 AM.

A woman wearing a domino mask and skintight black-and-lavender outfit is holding a gun at another cape’s head, the former being extra cautious so as not to give the idea her hostage has a chance to escape this situation.

Tattletale sure knows her theatrics as she threatens the other cape whom she labeled as ‘Bug’ in her head with her gun. “So, you are his girl?”

“Maybe?” replies the Bug, her tone clearly mocking and challenging.

It is a bluff, that is what her powers inform her, however at the same time— it tells her to be careful— it is a bluff but it holds weight, there is a relationship, but not as deep. What kind of relationship? Vague. Are they allies? No. It is rare for Tattletale’s powers to be this confusing.

Tattletale has seen Bug spying on her comrades— she has informed Grue through the ear comms to play along. After watching Bug with her insects running around and helping the telekinetic, Tattletale realizes this bug girl might be an opportunity for her team. With Bug, she can learn more about the telekinetic who at any time might suddenly become their enemy.

Not that Tattletale plans to antagonize the telekinetic, but there is something to know in being certain. And, what’s the harm? The telekinetic is too busy fighting with Lung, giving her valuable time to pry open information from Bug Girl.

“How about a name? You don’t mind me calling you bug, won’t you, bug girl?”

“I don’t mind at all, admittedly, ‘Bug’ is a temporary name.” replies the new cape, making Tattletale certain that this ‘Bug’ is new to this.

Tattletale studies the girl before her, her mind buzzing with possibilities. There's something about her, something that doesn't quite add up. Bug's confidence is commendable, but it's tinged with a hint of uncertainty that piques Tattletale's curiosity.

“A new cape then… What gives you so much courage to piss off Lung? That is unusually brave for a ‘bug’, and your boyfriend there doesn’t look that much.”

“Because I want to make a difference, and I have nerves of steel,” she raises her both hands up, trying to show herself as harmless lacking any weapons in her hands, “That’s why I dare piss at the dragon’s mouth, and if that doesn’t convince you then tough luck.”

Tattletale's lips twitch in a half-smile as she studies Bug's response. It's a well-rehearsed answer, but there's a subtle undercurrent of tension in Bug's demeanor that doesn't quite match her words. Tattletale's power usually picks up on discrepancies like these effortlessly, but something about Bug's presence seems to elude her usual grasp.

“Nerves of steel, huh? Well, let's see how well they hold up under pressure.”

She kicks the back of Bug’s knee, forcing the latter down. Bug remains surprisingly composed, her facade is unwavering despite the imminent threat that Tattletale represents. In her mind, Tattletale again extrapolates more things… Bug seems to be not a stranger to violence, has a powerful will, and only has recently triggered. What else? Surprisingly, nothing. It looks like Tattletale has to put more effort if she wants to learn more about this new cape and the other cape flying in the skies exchanging blows with the Dragon of Kyushu.

Tattletale's mind races as she continues to analyze Bug, picking up on subtle cues and piecing together bits of information. "I don’t know about the helmet guy and you, but you are so sure about yourself… recklessness, new cape, suicidal tendencies, possibly related to a trigger, a trauma pushing you, age is unspecified, abuse, bullying— locker? Why a locker?"

Bug cuts her off abruptly, her hands lowering as she speaks. "Stop," she commands with force. "Say no more."

Turning to face Tattletale fully, Bug's gaze focuses on her hair. "A blonde, huh?" she remarks, a hint of irony in her voice. “So are you like one of those dumb bimbos who lusts after attention?”

Tattletale is momentarily taken aback by Bug's interruption and subsequent observation. "You are fearless," she states, her surprise is evident.

Bug's smile is enigmatic as she responds, "No, I just… became confident."

As Tattletale processes Bug's words, she suddenly feels a presence behind her. Her eyes widen in realization as she turns slightly… only to see from her peripheral vision someone standing there with an index finger jabbing at the back of her head. It must be the telekinetic she had been monitoring earlier, engaged in combat with Lung.

"Let’s play nice here," Tattletale says, attempting to diffuse the tension. "No need to escalate."

Again, Tattletale has miscalculated… this time by wide margins. Though she finds it impossible, she feels that something must have messed up with her powers— primarily by the bug girl’s attempt at misinformation.

It is incredible how much Tattletale has been outwitted by mere luck.

The telekinetic's voice is cold and controlled as they speak. "Escalate? You are mistaken. Things have already escalated. Drop it, or I will explode your skull."

Tattletale exhales a sigh, her expression contrite. "I am sorry if I have offended you, but I do wish to de-escalate."

The telekinetic responds with a calm demeanor, "I am fine with de-escalation."

Bug interjects, her voice tense with urgency, "We are surrounded, by three others— one girl wearing a dog mask of sorts, one big guy wearing a helmet with snake patterns, and one guy seemingly someone who just came from a renaissance fair. Your call."

Acknowledging the situation, the telekinetic replies, "I am aware we are surrounded. The reason I am fine with de-escalation is because PRT is coming. I can sense their parahumans. I say with their speed, we have two minutes maxed."

Tattletale's mind races, her instincts warning her of impending danger. "Don’t tell me…" she begins, but her powers scream at her to run now, sensing something wrong with the telekinetic. "You want to turn me over to the PRT?"

While she cannot put it more eloquently, there is a nagging feeling that something is wrong in him— [88% Indignant] – informs Tattletale’s power with haste. What is that about? What does that mean?

The telekinetic's response is chillingly direct. "No, I want her to turn ‘Lung’ to PRT," he says, looking pointedly at Bug.

Bug's confusion is palpable. "What? We don’t even know each other," she protests.

[90% Annoyed] – informs Tattletale’s powers again, realizing that letting it reach 100% will be bad.

Tattletale, equally bewildered, echoes Bug's sentiment. "Seriously, I thought he is… like your boyfriend."

Bug repeats firmly, "We don’t know each other."

The telekinetic, however, cryptically insists, "But we do.”

Tattletale asks the important question, “So our mysterious telekinetic cape, what are your plans exactly? I can totally imagine you just killing me now, I am sure you are confident even if I have reinforcements… still, you’ll find it a difficult task to accomplish if you so wish to explode my head.” It is reckless of her, but she is just as confident as her words suggest.

Regent with Grue should be able to distract the telekinetic enough for Bitch to rescue Tattletale, and while at it, maybe even take Bug away… for all its worth, Tattletale is interested in Bug’s powers and she can prove to be a valuable ally. After all, as Bug has admitted, she doesn’t know the telekinetic which suggests another possibility— the telekinetic must be holding Bug’s civilian identity hostage.

“I have killed every surveillance equipment that has caught me in action before I engaged Lung. I want you to claim the credit for taking down Lung in front of Armsmaster, and tell him you plan to go undercover in Undersiders." The telekinetic says his piece, shocking even Tattletale.

Bug's frustration is evident as she demands answers. "Why? What are your plans for me?"

The telekinetic's response carries a weight of experience or knowing... Something that the new cape is yet to discover. "There is a reason why I have hidden for so long… I’ve been a Parahuman for 12 years and has been living here in Brockton Bay for 10 years. If you are even just as ‘slightly’ affiliated with the Undersiders, you will have at least a way out when you realize the PRT or the Wards are not for you. In this world, neutrality doesn’t exist. Even if it is fake, you must have at least something to affiliate yourself publicly."

Bug's anger simmers as she questions the telekinetic's motives. "So, you are looking out for me? To whom are you even affiliated with?"

Grue’s voice whispers in Tattletale's earpiece, ‘So? How are you doing? Do you need any rescuing now? Just give us the signal, Tattletale. It is not worth your life just to learn more about Brockton’s new capes…’

Tattletale senses the tension escalating, but she holds back, she signals Grue with a hand sign not to rescue her yet. Finally, she lowers her gun, placing it back in its holster. "Your telekinetic friend is right, Bug… There is a reason why people, capes in general, try to avoid the PRT," she says, feeling confident of her answer.

[93% Unsure] – informs Tattletale’s powers… again! What is wrong with this telekinetic!? The telekinetic is making Tattletale doubt herself… Unsure!? What is to be unsure of, huh? ‘I am going nuts here…’


#Tattletale is your Clairvoyant Sherlock Holmes #Taylor's Bad Luck continues

4