Chapter 5
494 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hmm..." I cup my chin as I stare at a newly grown tree. This tree grew dangerously close to my workshop thankfully its roots didn't damage the foundation of the structure but also the tree itself is a black locust tree. I need to cut it down as it can be quite toxic for Humans. Thankfully the trunk of the tree is slim meaning it is yet to be fully grown, easier for me, I guess. I haven't really research much of the tree but I'm guessing the branches and leaves shouldn't liter since they could damage my grow field. They might not affect plants but I'm not risking it.

"Just a plain ol' saw should do the trick." I said while heading inside the workshop to grab a saw off the bench. I head outside and notice the Rumi look-alike staring at the tree. "Wanna help." I ask her with a saw in tow.

She jumps in surprise as she diverts her attention to me. "U-um... Sure, with what exactly?" She asks.

I move towards her while having the saw in front of me to show it off to her. "I need to cut this tree down, its... Dangerous to have around." I spoke. "Grab one side while I grab another, we'll work together to cut it down." As I finished speaking, the woman grabs a handle of the saw I'm holding, and we motioned it towards the tree. Thankfully she knows how to operate a handheld saw in synoecize motion otherwise it'll be painful to work with her.

It took us four minutes to take down the tree, yes, the trunk of the tree was slim but Black Locust trees are tough to bring down normally their wood is used for house frames perhaps even armor or walls. Just the dangerous fumes or whatever it makes it toxic for animals and humans is the only downside of having it around, once again I'm not sure if it's the wood or the leaves/flowers that creates the fumes, might be the flowers. Anyways, I had the Rumi look-alike rake up the left-over branches and leaves/flowers in bags to take it outside of the compound while I take the trunk outside. I wore a respirator over my face as I do so, the woman also wore one as I told her so after my warning over the potential toxicants those leaves/flowers release.

While outside me and the woman indulge in small talk. "So, where exactly are you from? If you don't mind me asking." I said while dragging the tree trunk.

She grunts as she steps over a boulder with a full payload of branches and leaves/flowers on her back. "I used to live in the Bunnykin Nation as a noble. But a mishap causes me to forfeit my title and name, leaving me with nothing but scraps, I became nothing more but a useless peasant struggling to find work and coin. Such a fool I was to believe I had everything in my grasp." She said while gloomy.

"Oh? What kind of noble were you?" I ask.

"I was actually an heir for the Empress, but something happened that caused me my title and birth name. I guess it was my sisters that decided to get rid of me using their influence to overthrow my hold as an heir. Gosh, those poor women that served under me... Got beheaded in front of me for serving the crown. Alas, my mother forced me to forfeit everything I held, my keep, my towns, my city. All to my sisters. I'm thankful for my people that supported me, but due to fear, they had no choice but to switch sides against me." She snorts before continuing. "I was taken away from any nearby village or holding to lands that demon spawns held. Starvation and tiredness were the things I know. Until one day, and demon spawn got my scent, hunted me to the edgings of this endless forest. Chasing me until the moment you saved me, my good m- Sir, it sickens me that I could not repay you, I own you, my life." She said while stopping to look at me.

"Hmph, it was nothing, oh shite, I completely forgotten to tell you my name this entire time, haven't I?" She nods while staring at me. "I'm Jenkins, Jenkin Lyncoln at your service, I take pride in my works." I told her with a smile. "Now since you don't have a name... I can give you one or do you want to name yourself?" I ask her while I drop the trunk.

She cups her chin whilst dropping the bag. "I don't have a good name for myself, can you name me?" She asked in puppy eyes.

Jeez... "Umm..." I crossed my arms as thoughts run through my head, she looks like Rumi from My Hero Academia so might as well name her Rumi. "Does Rumi sound good for you?" I ask her.

"Yes! Oh, I mean yes, yes, it's good enough for me..." She said in a blush.

"Okay Rumi, nice to meet your acquaintance, now let's head on home before nightfall." Rumi and I decided to speak more whilst. heading back to the compound.

You know... I actually like speaking to her, maybe I judged her too quickly...


Note to All:
This series and my other series (Forced Royaly) will be on hiatus until May 1st, work, chores, finals, and family events had been kicking my ass as of late not to mention I was sick last weekend, so I decided for a small break from the internet.

That basically explains my reason why the lack of content as of late.

See you on the other side!

11