Chapter 9
548 1 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anthony made sure to write legibly in the notebook that was provided by Anna. He wrote the story of the Little Mermaid by Hans Christian Andersen by copying the exact wordings that he could see on the web page that was currently opened in his browser. While doing so he thought of his transmigration gift. Regarding systems, he would have to admit that its power, at least compared to the web novels that he had read before, was on the low side.

First off, he actually didn’t have a system, just the Diablo II game and a starting screen with a browser that was connected to the internet from his original world. The only thing that he could utilize was the inventory. Even though the items that he would equip would reflect in the real world, he wouldn’t be able to take out items from the game outside. It was nice to learn the spells from Diablo II but from what Anders told him, mages or wizards existed in this world and had access to a magic system as well and he didn’t know how his power as wielder of the Diablo II spells would compare to them.

Anthony wondered again how the magic system in this world works. Was it like the magic of Dungeons and Dragons where a mage or a wizard memorized a spell and when he cast it the spell would disappear from his memory? Did the power wielded by priests and paladins come from gods?

Next, he really didn’t how to utilize the information he could glean from the internet to increase his wealth and he assumed that it would take extensive research to do so. The only thing that he could think of right now was to copy an invention. Regardless, he was still greatly thankful for the fact that he had that system in place compared to someone who didn’t have one. The very fact that he would still be able to watch movies, shows, and animes and even play browser games greatly comforted him.

Besides, nobody was rushing him. He could take his time to familiarize himself regarding this world as common folk see it and then when the time was right, utilize his knowledge of spells to introduce himself as a mage. Based on the speed of his leveling up, it wouldn’t take long before he could utilize most of the Diablo II spells. He wondered how it would feel to teleport and could Frozen Orb cause a friendly fire.

Regarding his name, he still addressed himself as Anthony Saunders, but that man was already dead and gone. He should get used to calling himself Anton since that was his identity now. Maybe someday, when he was powerful and rich enough he could even get a last name for himself and his family.

Once Anthony was done copying the story to Anna’s notebook, he gave it to her.

“Do you have more stories? Maybe you could add more stories to my notebook, and we can create a book that we can sell! It could earn us a lot of gold,” Anna said excitedly.

“I’ll tell you another one tomorrow night,” Anthony promised his sister.

Anthony told his father and sister that he was feeling tired and with his father’s permission, he went to their room for him to sleep but the fact was, he wanted to increase his level so he could have more spells.

While he was lying down, he summoned his Diablo II starting screen. The animation of the Diablo II icon on his wrist expanding to a screen still made him giddy.

Anton entered the game virtually. He started exploring the Cold Plains zone since he had killed all the monsters in Blood Moor and Den of Evil. The first group of monsters that he encountered were the corrupt rogue spearwomen. He was having a hard time killing the monsters since his skill points were spread out to Fire Bolt, Ice Bolt, and Warmth and he kept two points in reserve for when he got to level six. If he were only playing the game, he would have put it somewhere useful like all of his points to Charge Bolt but since he wanted different spells that he could use in real life, he was spreading his skill points around.

It would still be the same once he gets to level six. He cleared out Cold Plains and managed to kill the super unique monster Bishibosh which netted him a set item which was a quilted armor called Arctic Furs. He killed a lot of wendigos, fallen and fallen shamans, and halfway through the cave in the Cold Plains zone leveled him up to level six.

Anton spent five of his stat points on dexterity and five points on energy so now he had fifteen strength, fifteen dexterity, and forty-five energy with two unused stat points. For his skill points, he put a point to Telekinesis, Ice Blast, and Frost Nova. If a veteran Diablo II player saw his skill selections they would have shaken their heads in dismay but since he wanted the spells so he could use them in real life, he chose the spells he thought would be worth having. Again, he wasn’t feeling any regret since even if he made a mistake, he could still reset them.

Anton immediately used his town portal so he could go back to the Rogue Encampment. He sold all of the items that he didn’t need and went just outside the encampment to practice his new spells.

The first thing that he practiced was Telekinesis. He wanted to check if he could be like Jean Gray but based on his practice, he could only use the spell to lift things that he could lift physically. Still, an extra hand would be able to assist him in multitasking.

He wondered if his Telekinesis’s power would grow with his strength just like his ability to put items in his inventory. Right, he couldn’t even lift himself using the spell. More than likely, he would only be able to use the spell right now as an extra hand.

After about half an hour of practicing Telekinesis, he knew that he would need more time with the spell to smoothen his use of it. He switched to practicing Frost Nova and casting the spell was a great delight.

The sensation of the gathering mana and the explosion of frost elements gave him a great feeling of power. He practiced the spell for an hour until he could cast it immediately with a single thought. He lessened the mana to a trickle, and he was able to do so. What it did was amazing. It lowered the temperature in the surroundings which would help a lot during the hot season and through practice, he could release the spell subtly enough with a very low mana level that it wouldn’t be noticeable to people. They would only notice that the surroundings suddenly turned cold.

Anton wondered if a full-powered level one Frost Nova could kill a regular person. When he checked the time, it was already eleven in the evening so he decided to stop since he would need to wake up early the next day to help his father and sister with farm work.

37