Chapter 40
204 3 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Everyone was admiring Anders’s sword which looked newly forged. Then suddenly it seemed like a thought came into Anton’s father’s mind.

“Anton that meant that you could repair all the weapons and armor that we took from that village that was destroyed by the Lycans. If we sell those newly repaired weapons and armor, they will look new, and people will pay for brand-new items instead of used old ones. we will earn a lot of coins!”

“Yes, Father you’re right. Unfortunately, we only took the items that looked like they could still be used and left the others. Still, we did get a lot and I can repair all of them and you can sell those that you will not use.”

“Once we stop for the night let’s do it. I want to see all the items that we gathered looking brand new.” Ander’s looked like someone looking forward to receiving a lot of gifts which made Anton a little happy.

“Can you only repair weapons and armor bother? Can you repair other things like clothes or shoes or even chairs?” Anna asked.

Anton wondered about that. The Diablo II game only has weapons and armor that you can put in your inventory. The rest were either consumables or quest items.

“I don’t know. Let’s try it out. Give me some things that we can repair.”

Anna gave him a dress from one of the bags inside the carriage, a pair of shoes, and a pretty-looking mirror with tiny cracks on the upper part of it. The dress was beautiful like a noble’s dress but worn out and there were some torn parts, and the shoes were also very pretty but also old and worn out.

Anton put the things inside his inventory went to Charsi and checked if he could repair them and lo and behold another profitable loophole was found. All the items were repaired. The game was extremely strict but thankfully it did allow some small loophole that he could use. The first one was the mana water and mana manipulation, and the second one was the identification function once an item from the real world was stored in his inventory or private stash and now, he could repair all items he put in his inventory from the real world. The magic missile wand cost him a lot of gold coins, but the dress, shoes, and mirror only cost a few tens of gold coins. Besides, Anton didn’t really worry about the gold coins in the game since he could gather them anytime he wanted from the monsters.

“It’s a success!” Anton gave the dress, shoes, and mirror back to Anna.

Anton and Anders scrutinized the brand-new-looking clothes, shoes, and mirror, and based on what everyone could see, every one of the items really looked brand new and would cost a pretty penny if they sold them.

“They are beautiful! Father, can I have them please?” Anna cajoled his father.

“Of course. You took them from the village yourself. If I’d seen them, I would have left them since they looked so worn out and old and we did take a lot of things from there that we can have Anton magicked to look new and sell them off.” Anders said to his daughter.

“Tonight, we’ll find a camp early, lay out everything we found, and have Anton fix them. We’ll choose what we want for ourselves and separate those we would sell. We will become a merchant caravan.” Anders said to his children.

At around four in the afternoon, Anders already stopped the cart beside the road that had several trees. The first thing they did was inspect the place to make sure there were no animals that would surprise them like snakes and boars. After that, they set up a campfire and set up their tents. They still decided to set up tents instead of sleeping inside the carriage since the weather was cool and refreshing.

Since it was still bright, it would be convenient for them to inspect all of the items. Anton took all the boxes, barrels, and sacks that contained all of their clothing and clothing, armor, and weapons from the Lycan village. Then he laid out a huge blanket on the ground where they would put all of the items since he would have to put the items in his inventory individually so they would occupy one item per grid to have them repaired.

The first thing he repaired was clothing and shoes for himself, Anna, and his father so they could change into them and repair the ones they were wearing. After they changed to brand new clothes, they really looked like prosperous merchants since every item they wore was new.

The next items that they prioritized repairing were the weapons and armor. If they laid out all the weapons and armor from the village, they would probably need a second large blanket. After Anton repaired the first set of items, Anders gleefully inspected them one by one. He separated all the items that he wanted for himself into one side and put all the others that he planned to sell into another. Once Anton’s father was done, he put his items into a newly repaired box, and he told everyone that this box was his and contained his personal items. The newly repaired chest looked good, like something a prosperous merchant would use.

The rest of the items were put into a different sack. The next set of weapons and armor were treated the same. Anders separated what he wanted for himself from those they would sell. After a few more sets of repairs, Anton’s father now had a total of two chests of personal items and four sacks containing brand new-looking armor and weapons that they would sell. Anton didn’t expect that they had taken a lot of items from the Lycan village but was glad that they did.

Two sacks of the newly repaired armor and weapons were put inside Anton’s private stash and the other two were arranged into newly repaired chests and would be put into the carriage as items they would sell as merchants. The next set of items Anton repaired were the clothing, shoes, and personal effects like combs, jewelry, and jewelry boxes, and even their working tools like their shovel and the like.

Anton did discover limits on the repair function. Consumables couldn’t be repaired like soaps, flintstones, bread, and others but still, all the things they could repair would already bring them unimaginable profits.

The jewelry specifically was going to bring them a lot of gold coins. Anders did allow Anna to keep the ones she liked.

Anton thought that now, he didn’t have to comb the internet to find something to invent to earn gold coins in the real world. They could search for broken and old things, repair them using the game, and sell them off.

Everyone was so happy with the situation while they were admiring the brand-new shoes and clothes that they were wearing. It took them three hours to finish the repair process and Anton had to summon a ball of fire to light up the area so they could continue inspecting the items.

Anton and his family ate their dinner happily and probably because of the excitement that happened, everyone was exhausted causing Anton and Anna to sleep immediately while Anders remained awake to guard them.

19