Chapter 46
189 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anton felt that he wasted so much time watching one of his favorite anime. He was tempted to watch more but he felt guilty. He should be leveling up his character so he could become more powerful. They were currently in the middle of a journey and they would need that power for his and his family’s protection. Because of that thinking, he closed the browser, opened his game, and entered virtually so he could continue playing.

Flayer Jungle was completed by Anton and he leveled up to twenty-six. He put his newly earned stats to his strength since he would need to get stronger to be able to lift all the items that his father could fit in a large box or sack so it would occupy less space in his private stash. His stash and inventory were so small, just like the original Diablo II. Normally he would have modded it right now to have a larger stash and inventory but unfortunately, his game didn’t do that. The mechanics were even the old version and not the newly released Diablo 2 Resurrected.

The only change to the game that happened was the one that was connected to Anton’s ability to use it in the real world like his mercenary’s skill and his ability to manipulate the spell’s mana. The skill points he put into Blizzard and Energy Shield.

Four more levels and he would have the level thirty spells. Anton wondered how they would work in real life. He hadn’t even tried the Thunder Storm spell yet since he was a bit afraid of casting it in real life. In the game it worked the same way, hitting just the enemies but in the real world, would it only hit his enemies? Who would the world consider his enemies? Those obvious ones sure but what about those with ulterior motives? And then there were those enemies that he couldn’t just kill because of certain real-world implications like the enemy being an officer, politician, or a noble wherein if he killed them, he would be wanted by the country or something. He decided then that on his next reset, he would not put a skill point on the Thunder Storm spell just to avoid accidents.

All in all, surfing the internet, playing the game, and practicing his spells outside Rogue Encampment took him more than four hours. He wondered what happened to his father’s business. Anton was planning to go downstairs to look for his family when his father opened the door to their room. He was followed by Anna so they could all talk.

“I’ve purchased a lot of things! There were some broken and old weapons and armor and Anna purchased a lot of old and broken clothes and jewelry. We have someone put them inside our carriage so please take the time to go there and put them in your inventory. I did commission someone to make me plenty of very large sacks so we could put a lot of the equipment in a single sack. Of course, the sacks would not be able to carry the equipment for long since the items are heavy but we know that it was just for us to enclose them in a single container to take less space in your magical space,” Anders said.

“The things I purchased are very good too. Once you repair them we can sell them for a lot of money according to Father. We were permitted to use the village’s town hall and we set up two tables side by side. One for father and one for me. I handled the things that the women were selling and father assisted me with the pricing and father handled the weapons and armor. Some women even brought pots and pans!” Anna said while laughing.

“Everyone is happy. They get to dispose of useless things but a bit valuable to throw away which earned them coins and we get a lot of items. We’ll have them repaired by you when we camp outside.” Anders told his son.

“Okay Father, I’ll follow your instructions. I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help you. I did increase my strength a bit so I would be able to lift heavier boxes or sacks.”

“That’s all right son. We hired a couple of villagers to assist us in lifting stuff. They did inquire about you and I told them that you’re feeling a bit under the weather.”

“I told them that you’re a bit delicate!” Anna said then she laughed again and Anton just rolled his eyes at her.

“I told everyone that we will continue our business tomorrow since I was told that there were some who will be arriving from the surrounding farms to sell us things.”

“One girl asked me what are we going to do with the broken things and as Father instructed me, I told them the truth that we would have them repaired and sold off in the cities. I thought at first that it would cause some of them to hold off in selling things but it didn’t.”

“Of course not. Who would have the time to do it themselves? They’re not even sure if the things they have are valuable enough to take the risk of having them repaired which will cost them coins and then going to the cities to sell.” Anders told his children.

“Some of the girls are interested in you brother. I guess they want to become a daughter of a prosperous merchant,” Anna laughed again and Anders smiled when Anton snorted.

“I’m guessing that relationship will not be in both of our future Anna if you really want to be a mage. Since I do, I can only focus on wizardry. I’m sorry Father, it would be probably a while before you have yourself a grandson or a granddaughter.”

“You don’t have to worry about that. I’m still young and because of your spell and mana water, I was told by some villagers that they thought I was your brother. Of course, they were just flattering me but soon, if we keep receiving your spell and drinking and bathing in your mana water, I will really look like your brother. That meant I would probably marry again.”

Anna gasped when she heard that.

“What about Mother!”

“Before your mother died, she made me promise that I would marry again but I thought when we were in the farm that it would not happen. But since this situation occurred, I’m not close off to the possibility and I did promise your mother before she passed.”

Anton’s family then went downstairs to eat dinner and this time the inn prepared special food for them. They guessed that the villagers were grateful for the coins they received from Anders and this was one of the things they did to show their appreciation.

Hi there peeps. Please check out my Patreon! You can read up to 10, 20 or  even 40 advance chapters! Thanks.

18