Chapter 51
247 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anton’s father woke him up the next day and when he checked the time in his browser it was seven in the morning.

“Anton, the cook informed me that all of the food that they prepared last night was already packed in sealed barrels. You just need to put them in your magic space. All of the things that we’ve bought like spices, soaps, and more are in your sister’s room. She’s already awake so go to her room and put all of the things in your space as well. We’ve already packed them.”

Anton went to his sister’s room and Anna was not in there but he saw the boxes that contained the essentials they purchased from the village and he put them away in his private stash. He then went to the bathroom to take care of his business and wash up. In the common room of the inn, he saw his father and sister together with their new guards and their family eating breakfast so he joined them.

While they were eating Anders told his son that all the remaining equipment that they purchased yesterday afternoon until evening was in the village hall so he just needed to put it away and they were ready to depart.

“Lucas and Devon will be following us riding their horses and Nemina and Lunelle will be on their cart with all of their things. Before we leave we will use the village hall to sort all of our things. I purchased large sacks, boxes, and barrels.”

“Thank you, father. We do need to arrange everything to make sure that we will have enough space so we can purchase more from the other villages and cities and my strength did increase. I’ll tell you if my magical space is nearing its capacity.”

Anton’s private stash was already half full and it was only because they kept rearranging their things. He wished it were larger. He couldn’t even store things from the game anymore so almost all the runes and gems were being sold to the NPCs instead of him storing them for future use. He maximized the game and checked his private stash and inventory and he muttered “Please game, increase my stash. Me and my family need more storage.”

Suddenly a pop-up window appeared and when Anton read the message he gasped. It stated, “Due to the need of the user, Private Stash and Inventory have been increased to ten pages each.”

Anton and Anna heard him gasp and looked at him. They were concerned when they saw that he was not moving and just staring at nothing.

“Son! Did something happen?” Anders said.

“Oh, sorry Father, Anna. My magic improved! My magical space increased ten times!”

Anders then realized that the game was not static. It could change. He just didn’t know what the conditions were for the game to update its system. He didn’t know if it was him wishing for it or if the game detected his and his family’s need. He might learn someday once it happened a few more times since he was sure that this was not going to be the last time.

“That’s good news, Anton. I was actually getting worried since the last time we checked your magical space was almost halfway full but now I don’t need to worry and could purchase more things.”

Anton nodded and smiled and even Anna smiled since that news made everyone happy. Lucas and his family were confused though but Anders did not explain it to them. He realized that they would learn the details while they were traveling since they would be able to see everything anyway.

After breakfast, he went to the kitchen followed by Anders and Lucas while Anna stayed in the common room with Devon, his mother, and sister. Anton expected Anna to befriend Lunelle but he saw that his sister was talking to Devon. More than likely, Anna was developing a crush on their young guard and he admitted that the guard was handsome with his blonde hair and blue eyes and Anna was at that age.

But based on Devon’s expression, he was treating Anna as a kid, and more importantly, he was treating Anton’s sister as Anton’s sister, meaning as the sister of a wizard which made her untouchable like a noble.

When they reached the kitchen Anders asked everyone there to leave for a couple of minutes and Lucas stayed at the door guarding their privacy. Anton saw the barrels of food located on the side and there were four of them which surprised him.

“Are they all cooked food, Father? What are they?”

“Their four different cooked food, like stew and soup. The other ones we purchased like bread and dried meat, dried fruit, fresh vegetables, and fruits are all in the village hall.”

Anton quickly stored the barrels in his private stash since the inn folk needed their kitchen back as soon as possible then they went to the village hall with everyone. When they arrived at the hall, there was no there and all of their thing were located in the middle of the hall. Anton then took out every item in his private stash that needed re-arranging.

Lucas, Devon, Nemina, and Lunelle all gasped when they saw multitudes of items suddenly appearing from thin air.

“Lucas, Devon, Nemina, and Lunelle, can you help us arrange and sort out things?” Anders asked their guards and their family.

They all followed Anders's instruction and kept asking Anton if a specific sack or barrel could still be lifted by him and if he could they would add more until he told them it was too heavy to lift. Once a storage item is full he then puts them immediately in his private stash. To impress everyone, instead of lifting the items using his hands, he was using his spell Telekinesis.

The spell was weird. When he read the FAQs before, it clearly stated that the mechanics of the game would remain the same as the original Diablo II but he double-checked by going to a Diablo II resource website and it stated that Telekinesis had lightning damage but his spell did not have that. He could just move things with his mind and probably the increase in skill level would only decrease the mana used. Right now, since using his spells in the real world was very important, his stats were spread evenly between strength, vitality, and energy and he also needed to put some to dexterity so he had the mana to use the spell without any problem and he did have a lot of mana potions in his inventory.

Anton remembered when he was playing Diablo II in the old world, he would pump his stats in vitality but here he could not do something like that. He was a bit relieved that he could reset it once a week if needed though and he was glad that his stats did not reflect his physical appearance. It would be highly strange if his strength stat in the game would equal to gaining muscle mass since if that were the case if he increased his strength, he would look like a bodybuilder, and what would happen if he reset his stats, would he deflate like a balloon? That thought almost made Anton laugh.

Please help out a struggling author by checking out my Patreon. You can read up to 10, 20 or even 40 advance chapters! Thanks.

22