Ch 34 – Arte Starlight
131 8 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I enveloped the poisoned grass in white light and tried to heal them along with the girl. Then, I used my other hand to unsheathe my sword and took a thrusting stance toward the blackened path leading to the tree.

'Just a quick thrusting motion then skip to the [Burst]. Most importantly, the girl must be unharmed.'

I wrapped my body and sword with mana and thrust the sword forward.

[Absolute Blade Arts]

[Quick Strike, First Art - Vorpal Thrust]

[Burst]

Purple lightning enveloped my body and gathered on the tip of the sword. Then, that concentrated lightning shot forward from the tip of the sword, annihilating everything, including the poisoned organisms in its path.

'Good.'

Seeing that everything had been annihilated, I heaved a relieved sigh and focused on healing the girl.

'At least, I don't have to worry about the entire area becoming a poisoned ground now.'

In fact, that was exactly how this area ended up in the game. The entire area, centered on this forest, becomes a poisoned ground that can kill anyone below a certain level who even takes a step inside.

'And looking at the girl in front of me, it seems like the poison she carries was the cause.'

Does that mean this girl died here in the original game? Since there had never been a case where this area didn't turn into a poisoned ground in the game, it's very likely this girl died here without anyone knowing.

'That's just messed up.'

From her appearance, she was nothing more than a little girl. Around 10 to 12 years old at most. So, who was the person who was heartless enough to poison such a small girl?

‘Unforgivable.'

Then again, I realized that I didn't know the circumstances on both sides, so I calmed myself down and tried to think of something else instead.

'But how did she survive?'

Even at a glance, I can see that it was such a strong poison that can kill an adult in an instant. So unless this girl had a gift like me or came from a superior lineage like that of a dragon, it doesn't make sense for her to survive.

'Ler's take a look.'

[White Dragon Vision]

[Name: Arte ??? Starlight]

[Age: 10]

[Class: ???]

[Gift: ???]

[Skill: ???]

[Personality: ???]

[Lineage: ???]

'???'

What is this? Even my thoughts had turned into question marks. Everything besides her name and age was censored, like Bianca's medicine back then.

'No, something was different.'

I tried to look closer.

'Rather than being intentionally hidden like Bianca's, did the information gets lost?'

Bianca's vision skill can see almost every piece of information from anything it sees. But it can't see the information contained in the soul.

'The proof was how Bianca never found out that my soul was that of Kim Sinyoung from Earth.'

The same goes for her memory search. No information about my previous life ever came out of Bianca's mouth. Add that to my experience using her vision skill, and I was certain that this skill couldn't inspect the soul.

It can read all information from the body, mind, and heart. But not the soul.

'So what would happen if there are no information in the body, mind, and heart itself?'

Then something like this would probably appear. A status window full of question marks.

'Amnesia…?'

If even her personality got wiped out, then it might be a special condition even worse than amnesia. It was a complete wipeout of her memory and everything.

'Wait! Could it be…?'

Is her memory loss still progressing? What if she even loses her name and sense of self? I grew anxious and reactivated the skill.

[Name: ???]

[Age: ???]

[Class: ???]

[Gift: ???]

[Skill: ???]

[Personality: ???]

[Lineage: ???]

'Oh, no…'

It was as I feared. Now, even information about her name and age has been lost.

'What is going on here?'

I was terribly confused by the entire thing, but I should at least remember what I knew about her from the first inspection.

'Arte Starlight. 10 years old.'

I kept repeating her name and age in my mind until her condition had somewhat improved.

‘I think she's still poisoned, but…’

The poison is no longer spreading outside. Even the grass had turned green now. Still, I should probably move her to a safe place and continue treatment to remove the poison completely.

'And also, I need to annihilate the grass under her, just in case the poison was spreading again.'

So I did exactly that and carried her to the empty hut before laying her on bed.

..

.

***

.

..

'Alright, now, it's time for the true prowess of Bianca's healing art to unfold.'

I was very surprised when I learned this healing skill 6 months ago from Bianca. Why? Because the skill was just that amazing. If I were to write down what I've seen back then about the skill, it would be something like this–

[Skill: Bianca's Healing Art (Semi-Mythic)]

[Description: The healing art of the white dragon, Bianca, who learned about all medicinal knowledge in the world and combined it with her family's legendary healing art. There is no disease without a cure, and there is no disease under the seven skies that you can't cure with this healing art.]

In addition to the impressive healing ability of the White Dragon clan, this skill even teaches you all kinds of treatments, from acupuncture to treatments for mental diseases. It really is the best healing skill for curing diseases.

'If there is a disease that I can't cure, then that must be simply because of my skill proficiency being too low.'

But now that I see Arte's condition again, I think I know how to cure her.

'Acupuncture.'

It's the first time I've done such a thing, but...

[White Dragon Vision]

I should be able to do it with this skill's help.

'Please show me only the exact spots where I have to put the needles.'

After practicing my vision skill countless times during my journey, I became able to see things in colors and shapes like Bianca to some extent.

‘And seeing Arte’s condition in shapes and colors would greatly help me in treating her.’

I tried to adjust my vision to that criteria and struggled for a bit before I could finally see what I wanted. Several spots were shining all over the girl's body.

'Alright, let's do it then.'

I took an acupuncture set from the subspace and froze as I realized something important. I looked at the extremely beautiful girl who was clearly not of legal age. 

'… I should undress her, right?’

It was the moment I became a criminal to save someone's life.

12