20 – Dragon Territory
148 3 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She was standing there, head lolling backward and gaspingn for air behind her mask, sweating buckets when Gin clapped at his hands. "You are getting there; good ... is something else. But getting there." He told her. Glaring at him, she resisted the urge to punch him and trailed tiredly after him towards the food stalls. Gods she was hungry at felt like a horde of bisons had just run her over. At the first stall, she stopped. Gin to usher her to go on, but she pointed at the meat skewers. "Five of those." She stated that the stall owner handed them over promptly as she looked at her company. He sighed and paid without comment.

Taking off her mask, she started wolfing down the meat. Strolling towards the next food stall, she pointed at what reminded her of spring rolls, taking a few with her. She let Gin pay before hushing towards the dates and fruit stalls. Having almost wolfed down everything, she, with a small bag of dates and hands full of food looked upwards at Gin. He was laughting, loudly, leaning against his spar tears in his eyes.

"You are finally looking your age." He muttered. "Where does all that food go."

"Into my stomach," she answered with deadpan seriousness. "Where else? I am exhausted." He only looked at her before biting into another piece of bread he had bought. Eating it up, he sat on a bench and stretched his feet as she settled beside him. "and hungry."

"Now, where is that dragon?" He asked her, looking into the spotless blue sky where the sun had wandered towards the horizon.

"You are in quite a hurry..."July answered him and turned her head. Both beets stretched out, her hands left and right on the bench. "May I know why you are so desperate?"

The man next to her sighed. "I do not wish to tell you, to be quite honest. Not now." He told her. He turned to her and stared back at her. She raised her eyebrows. "Truly...because I am not sure I can tell you my secret without knowing why."

"Secrets, secrets, secrets, the world is full of secrets, stories that should not be told. Tell me, July, have you ever been in a time when they didn't surround you? You don't have to tell me your secret I only have to know where it is, I am not mad enough to hunt for a dragon myself. Not yet at least." He leaned backwards and threw his hands dramatically into the air before slumping on the bench, having given his drama enough expression.
"I want the dragon heart for my sister. She is dying....the heart of a dragon is the only thing that can save her. Speak to anyone about it; I will be forced to aim for your life. Student or not. I have many enemies, and if they know she ... she will be condemned."

July stared into his face; she hadn't expected that. Planting her feet on the ground, she leaned forward and stood up. Stretching her back, letting it crack a few times, July turned and stretched out her hand. "Come." He took it and let himself be dragged into a standing position. "You keep my secret, and I will keep yours." She said, letting go of his hand and signing him to follow. Her instinct told her he was sincere and trustworthy. Stepping into one of the many small alleyways shaded by the large housewalls around them. It was empty; she looked right and left.

"I will.If I don'tI will be found belly upwards in the nearest cistern?" He asked her jokingly when July dragged them into a dark alley.

Do you wish to use 'World Wanderer' to go towards North America, Klairdris Dungeon?

Yes/No

Yes

She felt the magic rippling through the air. For the first time, she was more conscious than ever. In front of them, a blue gate opened. "Come." She turned to Gin and saw his eyes ripped wide open in shock. "Come, don't worry; I don't intend to kill you." She empathized, and getting over his surprise, he followed her into the blue circle until they stepped onto mossy forest ground. 

She turned and closed the Gate. "Welcome to my world," she said, "Or a small part of it."

"This," he swallowed, pale-faced. "Gods, the magic is so thick in the air. The Gate...you...you are a Wanderer. A walker in-between Worlds...I thought...."

"Not only worlds but also places," July told him and took a deep breath of fresh air. The rustling of leaves rising from the forest, endless expanses of green streching out around them. Gin only silently stared at her as if not entirely believing what she had just said. Before she could answer or even try to explain behind them, something growled. She didn't know if it was a reflex or a conscious movement. Still turning, she dashed between the growl and Gin, her fist hitting a large wolf-like being thundering against its head. The bones beneath her hand cracked audibly as she punched the beast straight into the ground, leaving a small crater. She took a deep breath and shook her hand. Even exhausted as she was, this was no challenge.

He looked at Gin, wondering where to continue when he was twirling his hellebore behind him and stepping back from another slayed body. He turned towards her, his gaze sharp. "We will have this talk somewhere else until then." He twirled it again, cutting through a tree, blood splashing on the ground. "giantt Wolves. Practice."

"Alright." She said weakly. He already behaved like a teacher again. She dashed to the next opponent and punched it straight into the gut before letting out a sharp yell resembling a hiss. Growls and yapping her answer as the leaves around them settled, the forest moved, and then silence descended over it again. 

"You scared them," Gin complained and shouldered his weapon. "Don't scare them; we could have made money from them. You need practice, especially in trusting your bodys instincts. They are better and faster then your minds in a fight."

"There's no need for anything if we can avoid it. I am tired," she answered him and dragged a wolf body after her. "We should climb up a tree or go up that hill, then I can show you where the dragon lives."

"The trader inside me refuses to leave such beautiful furs. Can you use a gate wherever you want?" 

"If I have a specific address." 

"Great, can you use this one and throw the wolves in there? It's my storage room, and I have to take them apart to make money. Don't worry; you will get half of what I make off furs, bones, teeth, so on. The biggest sin when being a hunter is to leave the preys remains for waste." He stated with conviction, pointing at her. "Remember that well."

Taking the written down address, July used world wanderer, and they threw the dead solves inside before making their way to the hill. It was a peaceful walk; it reminded her of hiking a bit, and she imagined the zone more dangerous. No beasts attacked them. The air was crispy, the sounds of nature surrounded them. After all, the news channels had described it as hell on earth, among other things.
Up the hill, Gin stopped, and July showed him where they could find the dragon. It was not hard to spot. A giant tower of ice scraped the sky, vanishing in the clouds, glittering as it reflected the sunshine. "There." July pointed at the ice mountain.

"That's a dragon's lair," he muttered and stared at it, greed unhidden in his eyes. "I have never been so close to my goal."

 

 

 

 

4