30 – Happenings
97 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"My Home," July answered him. "Or rather...close by." 

"Ahhh..and that is where?" He asked her intrigued a loopsided, almost foolish appearing grin on his face. 

"It doesn't matter. Where do you need to go?" She answered him coldly him.

"Bangkok,...Eh Street 157, Condo Apartment 945 B." He answered her. "Angel Dust Guild. That's my home." 

July stilled a second. Angel Dust. "Did we meet each other before?" She asked him. Angel Dusty had been from the Guild she had met before. The first time she had seen those blue eyes, it had definitely not been Panny though. He was far too cheery, the other person, they had been cold like a frozen lake. 

"Not that I know....you could have met my brother before, though. He is an S Rank Hunter like you. It wouldn't be all that unusual, considering only twenty of you are around." He told her and shrugged his shoulder. "As I said. He is the cooler part. S rank and so on, people confuse us. We are twins, of sorts." 

"Maybe," July said and activated World Wanderer. "But I will not confuse you." 

"Ha. I believe that when I see it. Air Hugs, July, and thank you for everything." He stretched out his arms and hugged her from slightly far away. "You don't appear to be a person who appreciates touch all to much." 

"No worries." She told him, and next to her, the gate opened. Panny stepped through it without hesitation, no doubt in his action, and July had it close up behind him. Trapped in her mind she thought for a moment her mind flashed one image after another, blue eyes, every time, someone had her interest it was those blue eyes, and while the people had been different, they were the same in appearance. It was as if they were haunting here, following her, trying to make her notice something, but what, what did they want her to notice.

With the business card in hand, she opened her own gate and was back in her room. A quick look at the clock told her that barely 3 minutes had passed since she left. 

For the first time in forever, she changed into her pajamas and took out her old Phone. There was an overwhelming number of messages. Old friends, people she didn't know.  She ignored them and typed in the new number. Then, for a second, she hovered over it and decided to write a message. 

This is my number - July. 

She pressed send and closed her phone, letting it go back into the drawer. A second later, she took it out again, placing it next to her bed on the floor. 

She closed her eyes and tried to sleep again for the first time in forever. Every time she closed her eyes when the darkness got too much, she opened them again. And so it went the entire night until, punctually, at five in the morning, she was fully awake at the first light of dawn, not having slept a second. 

She was still feeling exhausted, but less than before. Eyeing her Phone, she picked it up from the ground and then saw the flood of messages. She went through them one by one. Most were questions about how she was. Would a dungeon have been fantastic? Others were years old. She ignored the dungeon and old messages until she shivered over Pancakes' messages. He had written her a lot. 

'July, July, 😱 omg, you are actually writing me. Man, I am so happy.' 

'Don't worry; I haven't told anyone about you. I did tell them about the giant, spooky, weird gate, though. No one seems to believe it. My bro does, but yeah, you know he is like one person.' 

'How do you do? I hope you are doing better. It must have been really exhausting to send me all the way to Korea. It's a totally awesome skill, though. I guess it must be Teleporting. Although, Shh, it's rude to ask another hunter about their skills, no.' 

'Either way, I arrived fine and well. I hope you did, too. Have you got any time sometime? I would love to meet you for coffee or something else.' 

So on. He wrote twenty-plus messages full of Emojis and other things about silly things. She read each and then slowly started typing. 

'Yes' 

'Coffee is fine.' 

Then she closed her phone and took a deep breath. Somehow, she felt like her newly gained friend would be very exhausting. But then again, Dr. Grey told her to try making friends among other things. Having a chatterbox like Panny as a friend wasn't the worst idea. She changed and put the phone into her jacket when walking down to eat breakfast.
"July." Her mother said cheerily and kissed her cheek. "Janette." Her father greeted her. "Mom. Father." She said, and then she saw how her father took a deep breath. "I wanted to congratulate you on making so much progress." He said and smiled, this time a genuine one. "Dr. Grey told me you have been making giant steps back towards integrating back into human society." 

"Yes." 

"I am happy to hear that. I contacted your old school. Your school. You are able to come to lessons whenever you like, and once you find yourself comfortable, enroll completely back into it." 

"I see."

--

"She makes a nice pawn." Someone said and grinned. "Doing her duty well. We might need to hurry up the process."

"I think we should to the contrary, she need time." Another voice objected.

"We have none, we need to get her as far along as we can, at the fastest possible, why have we given her her skills if not for that purpose."

"We shall see then." The other voice said. "Still we need to slow down or she will break." 

"Quiet, I know what I am doing. Don't curse it." The first speaker hissed and growled at the second one and then vanished with a angry huff. 

"I don't think I need to, that is starting to get interested in her and once that happens it's out of our control anyway." The second speaker said and retreated as well, leaving behind empty darkness, stretching out into nothingness. 

 

 

4