Best Beginner
43 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sun is shining overhead constantly emitting heat, it is now sharp noon. My preparations have already been completed, I have looked as presentable as possible, I have made other options for when I'm rejected.

Long white coat with silver trimmings, a light chest plate complementing the coat. Iron greaves and gauntlet that can be used for esthetic and combat purposes. Lastly a pair of arm and leg guard made of leather. I have taken the appearance of a freelance knight, one of the most successful in terms of giving a good impression.

As I was about to leave I saw a familiar face a few meters away from me. He have a armor now along with a small backpack for going solo in the Dungeon.

"Mister Siegfried!" He said happily while running towards me.

"From the look of things you were accepted, Fael."

"That's right mister Siegfried, hu hu. But more importantly, where have you been these past week, there's no news about you, I thought something happened," he started out with cheerful energy then gradually turned into a worried tone.

"Let's just say, there's some circumstances which prevented me from leaving the Dungeon," I said summing up everything and making it simple.

"Dungeon? I heard there's currently a dangerous monster there."

It piqued my interest, on my time there I've only fought common Dungeon monsters. They were monsters that have been recorded a long time ago.

"What does it look like?"

"It was an ogre with two uneven black horns, crimson hair, purple eyes, and about the same height as a human," he described it with both word and hand gestures.

It might just be a coincidence but that was totally how I look like in the past week.

"Now that I think about it, doesn't that describe you mister Siegfried. Don't tell me, yo—" I stopped him from shouting.

"That's probably me," I whispered, I'm also surprised that a rumor have spread about me.

After that we talked to each other for some time, then parted ways. It was now past noon, lunch should have ended for a while now.

I went to the Twilight Manor, the base of one of the big Familia, Loki Familia. Compared to It's name it's not that extravagant, it was built more of a small fortress than a manor.

Hesitation is gnawing me but I moved forward, I approached their gate. There are two people guarding it, they both have an aura of a strict person.

"I want to join Loki Familia, may I enter?" I said as polite as possible while maintaining the neutrality of my tone.

Some don't like someone who's overly chummy on their first encounter, same goes for those who are stiff. Without information about who I'm dealing with, being neutral is the best option.

"State your name and background," one of the guards replied analyzing the situation.

"I am Siegfried Dragniel, from the Empire, I have yet taken a Falna," seeing as my neutrality work, I gave out informations truthfully to avoid misunderstanding.

"We will send the message, wait here if it can be approved," he said something to the other guard before leaving.

I have waited for some time, more than an hour have passed since the guard came back but there's no response. They might be busy, testing me, or humiliating me, it could only be one of those.

Standing for an hour without anything to lean on is nothing for me now, I have learned some new things I can do with my horns. I could stay satiated for a long time by taking energy from my horns, same goes for healing, and stamina. With me reaching the limit, it was fortunate that I could still use it on other things.

"No one's coming huh," I murmured to myself.

I have expected this to some degree, a no name person joining one of the top Familia, like that's ever going to happen. It's time to choose Option B, Ganesha Familia, though I would prefer Hephaestus Familia they're a production type.

"Guess I'll be a city guard now," I chuckled, imagining how troublesome it is compared to it's worth.

I was about to leave when I caught a glimpse of a someone opening the Twilight Manor's front door. She's holding a bottle of what seem to be wine and exudes an aura only divine being have.

She assessed me for a bit before letting me inside the manor, there she led me to a room and started asking questions.

"What level are ya?"

"I have yet to receive a blessing Goddess Loki."

"Hmm, then your previous job?"

"A knight, I guess."

"Explain."

"I received training but I'm not officially one."

She pondered for a moment, I have only told truths as no one can deceive a God or Goddess. This is also the reason why I'm not disguising my horns, but it doesn't seem to bother her.

"Aight that's it, now take of your clothes en lay on the bed," she said bluntly with some poor choice of words.

As she said I took off my shirt and lay flat on the bed, having no shirt on is needed to receive a blessing. The Falna is needed to be imprinted on the bare back of the receiver.

The process have took a moment, when it was completed I heard a gasp.

"What is it?" I asked as I could not see what's happening.

"You have a magic and a skill to boot, they also complement each other," she said, taking out a paper and started translating my Status in Koine.

"Is it unusual?"

"Not much, it's just rare for em to be connected," she gave me the paper, there my Status was written.

Level 1

Siegfried Dragniel

Strength: I-0

Endurance: I-0

Dexterity: I-0

Agility: I-0

Magic: I-0

Magic

Supporting Fragment

•Creation type magic

•Create a weapon of choice at the cost of magic power

•Chant "(Weapon of choice) of tragedy, manifest once more, life shall be lost, death may emerge, everlasting wrath will quench your thirst."

Skills

Core Fragment

•Absorb magic power to form two crystal horns

•Permanently enhance physical stats by consuming magic power

•Recover stamina by consuming magic power

•Accelerates healing by consuming magic power

"Congratulations on joining my Familia, we're going to have a feast," she said enthusiastically while holding a half used wine bottle.

"I would prefer not to, it'll be a bother," I rejected the idea, not wanting to be an eyesore.

"Then pack your things, we'll find you a vacant room."

I left the Twilight Manor even without anything to go back for, I don't want to be seen as poor.

★★★

After Siegfried left, Loki was happily walking on the hallway. She cannot believe that she won a jackpot, a person with immense talent have joined her Familia.

While walking she saw Riviria reading a book on the corner.

"Mama, how' bout we do a feast?" Loki moved to Rivieria's side, her face inches away.

"No," Riviria answered, pushing Loki's face away from her.

"Ehhh, what if there's somethin to celebrate?"

"And what is this something to celebrate?"

"A new Familia member," Loki said.

"Then, no. We have no time for that, we can do that next time."

I changed the Status to be the same as the original

0