Arc 1 – Chapter 7: Advent of Gods
4k 6 96
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before this world existed, there was only nothingness…and one lone being.

 

This being was a dragon. The first dragon. A being known as the Primordial Dragon.

 

The Primordial Dragon was alone in this nothingness since before anything, and simply existed within it.

 

However...as it continued to exist...the nothingness at some point...stirred...and Time came into existence. This entity called Time, came along with change and brought forth more beings – the first gods.

 

The gods continued to multiply until there were five. The Primordial Dragon of course, awoke, and looked at the gods from afar with curiosity. The gods also saw the Primordial Dragon, but were wary of it since they knew nothing of it…only that it has always been there within the nothingness since before they existed.

 

As Time urged, the gods simply lost interest but found that they each had a talent that only they possess.

 

Aruv, the All-Father, cultivated the first seeds of creation and became our world’s maker.

 

Eles, the Mother of Life, breathed life into the world and birthed the races that would help nurture it.

 

Almol, the Father of Bounty, created the earth and brought forth the harvests and the plants that would nourish the world.

 

Eloi, the Mother of Beasts, birthed all manner of creatures that would spread far and wide to sustain life in this world.

 

Beren, the Father of the Elements, created flame, the seas, and the sky, so that all life would have a place to belong.

 

When the five gods completed their work, they marveled at their creation that was our world. Time also lent its hand and allowed the world to move, flourish, and prosper in a great cycle.

 

The Primordial Dragon looked on, admiring the gods and their talents...but then...it realized that it was all alone.

 

With no talents to speak of other than its might, it can only look on at the gods in loneliness with eyes full of longing.

 

Once more, the Primordial Dragon slept to stave off its sadness.

 

Time flowed on as the gods decided to rest…but this peace would not last forever…

 

As the gods rested after their wondrous act, the nameless ones from beyond the void entered through the cracks and found our world.

 

Primeval beings manifested of chaos and malevolence…they silently encroached our world and the abode of the gods…

 

The gods noticed too late and were all struck down, almost made powerless. The most unfortunate one of them, Eloi, was caught and made into their plaything. Subjected to their malice and depravity, she was made to bear their wretched offspring that made a mockery of the forms of her majestic beasts. Thus, the first monsters came to pollute our world.

 

As these nameless ones ravaged our world with their wanton display of malevolence and carnage, all hope appeared lost as the gods were unable to repel them.

 

It was then at the point where the world was at the peak of despair…the slumbering Primordial Dragon awoke once more.

 

Before its eyes was a destroyed world, and the gods beaten and made to suffer.

 

Rage and power soon surged in its heart. It knew of the gods’ hardships and their struggles when they made this world. It knew of their joy and kindness in nurturing the lives they made. And yet, these unknown invaders came and took joy in destroying all of it. Reveling in malice and desecration.

 

Seeing the cruelty before it, its wrath has reached its peak and an all encompassing roar echoed throughout the nothingness. So great was its roar, that it shattered the boundary that separated the nothingness and our word.

 

The nameless ones shuddered when the roar reverberated throughout their being. An emotion welled up within them that they knew so well but found it impossible to come from them…

 

Fear…

 

A primal fear that existed in all things…gripped their very existence. With this they knew…that the being before them was truly their enemy.

 

The Primordial Dragon threw itself upon the nameless ones. It’s breath would have been more than enough to erase the nameless ones in their entirety, but due to their close proximity to our world, the Primordial Dragon was left with little choice but to wrestle with the nameless ones in order to release their grip on our world.

 

As the colossal beings clashed, their battle ravaged space itself and tears within the void appeared. For eons they fought, but with time the Primordial Dragon soon had the upper hand and released an ethereal but all-destroying breath upon the nameless ones. Left with nothing but fragments of their former selves, the nameless ones soon retreated into some of the cracks and were soon lost to the nothingness...

 

The Primordial Dragon didn’t win unscathed…so great were its wounds that its existence seemed to flicker.

 

The gods, having watched the entire battle, approached the Primordial Dragon with sadness. They knew that it fought for their sake and for their world despite them never doing anything for it, leaving it to its loneliness.

 

The Primordial Dragon understood their feelings, and with it, indescribable warmth surged forth from its soul. With this warmth, the Primordial Dragon soon found that it had within it a marvelous power.

 

Before its existence completely expired, it put this power into practice and severed itself into six parts.

 

The gods were shocked when they saw this, but soon worry became relief as the parts came to form into different beings that appear to mirror the gods. With their birth, the gods honored them with names and authority on their world.

 

From the legs of the Primordial Dragon, Grougaran, the God of the Earth, was given dominion of the land.

 

From its tail, Luneydra, the Goddess of Water, was given the vastness of the sea.

 

The wings, Valsidra, the Goddess of the Sky, was free to rule the heavens.

 

Argodos, born from its claws, became the God of Fire, master of the ruling flame.

 

And the most powerful of them all…Astranir…born of the head...created magic and became the God of Dreams and Magic.

 

Along with their advent came the different races of dragons upon this world. Some mixed themselves with the beasts, trying to purge as many of the corrupted offspring of the nameless ones in hopes of alleviating the disgrace Eloi endured at their hands.

 

As the five new gods born of the Primordial Dragon were given power by the old gods, they vowed to rule and protect this world to ensure that the agents of the nameless ones would never be able to anchor themselves completely on this world once more.

 

As for the last part…the body…the part that received the most wounds from the battle…unfortunately couldn’t form a self and became dormant. Without an ego to guide it, it was no different from dead.

 

To honor the great dragon, the body was buried on the greatest mass of land. The land, blessed by the great dragon’s body, became rich and bountiful. After many years, a kingdom would soon form upon this great land.

 

 

 

“…And that kingdom of course is this very kingdom we’re treading upon. The great Kingdom of Ellara! The same one I’ve fought and guarded for many years! Our kingdom worships the five Dragon Gods in honor of the great sacrifice they made for our world. This is why we highly respect dragons along with the races born from them. Ha hah!

And how was it my young friend? Did you enjoy the tale of the origin of our great Ellara?”

 

“…”

 

I was on the ground with my face towards the sky.

 

As he unceremoniously dragged me to the training grounds, he forced a sword on me then started beating my ass to kingdom come.

 

After force-feeding me a can of whoopass…he suddenly became chatty and started yapping about that story of the gods of this world…

 

Ugh…give me a break…Primordial Dragon this…Primordial Dragon that…how the hell many times do you need to say it!? I swear…I know he respects it to death…but do you have to call it out so many times that it could put a broken record to shame?

 

“…pant…pant…so…what…does…that…have to…do with…this training?”

 

“...This training involves the mastery of the weapons of war as well as manipulation of the five elements wielded by the five Dragon Gods. Although you already have a grasp of the element of fire, you sorely lack in the others. This is why the hatching ceremony requires the ancient knowledge to be passed on. Because you lack such memories, thus I spoke of the earlier story.

Now that you have an idea of your origin, the instinct to wield such powers should gradually come to you in time. Also, since you still have the energy to talk to me, it appears that there’s still room for you to move. Very good! Let us continue.”

 

Gaaah…I swear…this knight will be the death of me…Oi…Primal Dragon…if you’re really such a benevolent savior, please save your descendant from this mad undead.

 

“Oh! I almost forgot…you still do not possess a name. Hmm…very well. From henceforth, you are now Camus! Now Camus, come at me!”

 

And thus I was named…just like that…hey….doesn’t my opinion matter at all!?

 

I cursed at the world as I was knocked around silly like a rag doll over and over again. Only now did I start to believe that the reason I didn’t die back then was all so I could experience this hell in the guise of training.

96