2.2 Everyone Goes to Hell (2)
735 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In game, players usually obtain boon or bane when meeting a criteria after killing a boss, either from a flawless victory or getting a severe injury before killing a boss


<Grace> (S)

The player's action and manner will always be refined, and there is a chance to captivate an entity that has a weaker mind. The higher the difference, the easier for the target to be charmed.


Unsure of how effective the boon was, I carefully slipped to the back of the crowd while they were busy looking at the status window.

S rank boon would never be something simple, however at the moment, it wasn't a good time to test its effect. It would only attract unwanted attention.

Trying to get a high in the tutorial priority is the first priority. 

‘Finding out why demons put us here comes later…’

From the incubus word, the whole ordeal was some sort of selection process. There was too little information to deduct what and why.

“Attention. Aside from checking status, there are other things we recently added such as leaderboard and forum—Before you will be sent to a tutorial where you can obtain a skill or a weapon, is there any question?”

But no one would dare raise a question after witnessing a murder.

“No? Good.”

Magic circles appeared under everyone’s feet followed by a beam of light that teleported people into the tutorial.

In a brief moment, I caught direct eye contact from the incubus, but it was too fast for me to understand the meaning behind his smile.

_____

Tutorial consisted of three stages where other two stages except the first one were solo battles. Weapons and gears could be obtained by looting enemies from second and third stages, but a skill could only be obtained through the first stage.

‘Surprisingly lenient for hell.’

There were no threats in the first stage.

<Tutorial Stage 1>

Pick one object within 5 minutes.

I was in a treasury, complex enough to be called a labyrinth. Each room has items varied from a doll to a powerful looking sword.

The task was simple, pick one object and you would gain a skill related to the object. It would be a skill that defined a character build in the game.

People who were new to the game often misunderstood and went for a weapon.m and got a bad skill because of that.

Not all skills from the tutorial were good. It could be a simple skill like basic swordsmanship, so Rankers or top streamers often started over after getting a trainable skill.

However, if this was a reality, starting over wasn't an option.

Because the map was so large that no one could completely explore the space and the player always teleported to random locations, this tutorial stage was considered luck based by most players.

Suddenly, the words of Sitri came to my mind.

‘Shard of Skuld…’

Skuld was one of three norns in Norse mythology. Urðr, Verðandi, Skuld—the three shaped a destiny.

‘If some objects in this room are shards of gods or powerful beings, I need to think carefully.’

I racked my brain trying to recall my memory, but I only knew popular myths like Greek, Norse, and Egyptian.

The power of a god like Odin would definitely be powerful. But since he associates with many things, there might be a chance that each aspect of him was divided into different objects.

Five minutes seemed like a long time for choosing, but because I wanted to get a skill as broken as possible, I had to use a skill.

<Eyes of Probabilities>

Although numbers that appeared couldn't tell which object was the best. They either showed the likelihood of picking that object or my survival rate of having that skill, since there was no other variable than myself.

This way I could quickly run from room to room without wasting time without having to carefully check each of them.

However, four minutes had passed, and I still couldn't find something worth picking up. And my body which had low stamina was almost reaching the limit.

It was clear that good skills were intentionally hidden from a player.

‘Come on. Just anything above 50%’

Time was running out. 

I was looking left and right, trying to find a powerful skill.

Then, I stumbled on something.

There was a high number that was definitely related to my survival because it was an object that I would never consider picking.

“A papyrus scroll?”

20