Big Junk chapter 2: Finding a big piece of wood
263 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Roaring winds could be heard drifting about the place. On the barren path between the trees a few hours walk away from the ruins, Big Junk was looking forward to seeing a so called nazi catgirl. Sure, they were aggressive he was told, but he was not one to shy away from a kitty.

He grew bored walking all alone with no creature in sight. His upper body was feeling a bit stiff from the cold wind.

“Where are all the fantasy creatures? There has to be more to isekai than this?”

He turned his head hearing the rustling bushes.

“Shit, that can’t be good.”

*Plweh*

Something rushed out of the bush. He was not able to see it clearly-

It was charging straight at him! There was a glimmer of an azure horn…

*BOOM*

The damn thing blew up right in his face. The blast threw him right of the path barrelling towards a tree.

*Kzook* The tree shook.

“Ugh, what was that…” Junk mumbled as he held his head.

He looked around and saw lots of screws and other mechanical scrap. In the middle of the devastation he saw a red horn. He held the horn, it was still a bit hot.

This is what triggered the blast? He mused to himself.

“Some kind of machine I guess.” He was still a bit shaken and looked at the bush in worry.

“Another one won’t come out will it?”

He heard rustling behind him.

“Not again…”

He turned around prepared to run. There were three big ones!

All three were sporting a bigger azure coloured horn than the one in his hand. The one in the middle had a majestic mane, all three were built like a strong resilient horse, with what looked like tough greyish blue leathery skin.

They were staring at his hand holding the horn puffing.

“Wait! Let, um, let me just put this down… Slowly.” He lowered the horn to the ground.

“N-n-nice unicorns…” He slowly inched away. Then the left one started grinding its hoof on the ground preparing to charge. The middle one with the great azure mane stepped forward blocking the way of the other.

“Stop dwarf.”

“Eh, how’d you know…”

“You always make our kids explode. You like tinkering right. NOW FIX IT.”

“Uhm… I don’t think I can fix that.” He said with a sweat drop looking at the pile of the remains.

“We aren’t leaving until it’s fixed.” It didn’t look friendly!

“Well, I can try…” He was preparing to distract them and bolt.

He grabbed the red horn and a handful of parts from the ground, then he saw some shapes on the lower part of the horn. Looking like the other ones in his other hand. He figured it’d be alright to just reconnect them. Then he picked up the other parts from the ground, his hands  were kind of moving by themselves. A minute later he was hammering some parts with his golden hammer. It seemed there was a screw loose…

And it was done the small one looked like a mini version of the unicorns. Except for the red horn.

“Hmm” He had no idea what was wrong, it didn’t look like there were and parts left.

“Stop screwing around!” The right one who was patient so far said angrily. It looked mother-ish. At least for a unicorn.

“What do you mean?

The left one was angry again, “TURN IT ON YOU DUMBSTER! DO YOU WANT ME TO PRESS THE ON SWITCH WITH MY HOVES! HOW ABOUT I PRESS YOUR HEAD WITH MY HOOF!”

It said with an irritated huff.

The dwarf was stunned. The princess-y tsundere attitude was too great for a horse.

He looked at the unicorn. He scratched his head. Where would be the turn on button. Obviously, he circled around it and didn’t see any button.

Right! When I was repairing there was a hatch down on its belly, in the middle of the four legs.

He crouched and opened the hatch.

It was quite dusty, he coughed thinking it was good he didn’t have a beard, or it would have been full of dust.

So, there ARE a few switches. Three was a green button, a red button and a purple button.

He wasn’t sure which one it was but when he turned to ask the unicorns, they were staring at him like he was a molester.

“Can you just get it over with!”

The middle one was also getting impatient with him.

“Here goes nothing.” He pressed the green button and threw himself on the ground.

*Zook*

An arc of electricity jumped out of the unicorn and shocked him.

“Argh!”

His blond hair was standing tall in all its electrified glory.

The horn started turning blue gradually from the lower part of the horn.

The dwarf quickly stood up and closed the hatch. Junk dusted himself off and stared at the mechanical wonder that was a unicorn. It exploded and to be completely repaired with no parts broken or missing it was a wonder.

The little one turned around and started nudging its head towards Junk’s arm.

“I don’t have a snack. I don’t have a snack!” He yelled as he dodged the sharp horn zooming uncomfortably close.

“Haha, it likes you!” The motherly unicorn yelped happily.

“Now let’s go.”

The middle one turned around and disappeared turning into an azure lightning bolt. The other two turned around and zoomed following the one with the mane deeper into the forest.

All that was left was Junk and his buggy unicorn. It seemed it grew attached to Big Junk and did not want to leave. It was too small to be a horse as it was only as big as a pony. It also seemed that it could not speak like the other unicorns. But it did understand speech, yet it was still a dumb animal. Having no name, Junk decided to call it Boomer from now on.

Although he was annoyed by the bugger, it was still a welcome company on this barren road through the forest.

Boomer liked its new name and was skipping happily. But it had four legs, soon it left Junk behind.

*Huff*

“Wait up you beast!”

The dwarf helplessly tried to catch up to the machine.

A few hours later. He was finally out of the forest, where the path ended and there was a small village ahead. The unicorn was beside him, Junk having caught up.

After catching his breath, he said: “Let’s go.”

Alas it was not meant to be. The village was full of catgirls that started hissing and huffing angrily as they spotted him. He had no choice but to make a run for it into the forest.

After running for about 15 minutes with his companion Boomer he was again out of breath and fortunately noticed there were no catgirls pursuing him. It was getting quite late, after some time spent searching, walking deeper into the forest, he found a tree’s hollow and decided to sleep there.

The hollow was big enough for him and his companion to both fit inside with no problem. It was about a meter above ground. Probably enough to keep any snakes or bugs away for the night.

He slept soundly but was awoken by a scratching sound.

He looked outside the hollow and saw it. A catgirl was scratching his tree.

She had nice soft looking silver ears, with lots of fluffy fur and long straight silver hair. She was wearing a purple mini skirt, and a purple jacket with a white shirt covering her upper body, that was quite shapely. The dwarf thought to himself… I need to get a shirt. But it was probably a bit too small for him. He had a big muscular body.

“Hello there.”

Having decided to ask her about a shirt, he jumped out of the hollow, carefully to not wake Boomer up.

The catgirl tensed up. She had never seen anyone so burly. Catgirls were all sleek and graceful. They did not have muscles like those.

“I need a shirt. Could you give me one?”

The catgirl got scared the man was obviously not a catgirl, and he started demanding to give him her shirt.

“Whoa there, you have quite the claws.”

The man dogged her claw swipe.

She saw something behind the man. It was Boomer. He charged into the fray. And-

*BOOM*

The catgirl and the dwarf were both thrown into the air and landed one over the other. The explosion blew off her top garments, she was in a similar disarray of clothes as the dwarf. With the upper body bare.

The dwarf was pressing down on her with his big body. He looked into her astonished eyes and said:

“I’m called Big Junk.”

The girl blushed feeling something hard pressing her. It was probably the wrench in the leg pocket.

He stood up preoccupied with something.

“Not this shit again. Leave it to Boomer to blow himself up.” He shook his head at his companion.

The catgirl watched bewildered as the dwarf crawled and fumbled around the place and in about two minutes Boomer was once again in operation.

The dwarf looked at the girl’s chest and then jokingly hit Boomer on its head.

“You naughty fellow.”

“Ahem”, he coughed into his hand. “Your shirt.” The girl looked down feeling a breeze. She instantly went red like a tomato and covered herself.

“D-d-don’t look!”

She hurried over and took her shirt. Then she ran away.

Junk was bewildered.

“Fuck, how am I supposed to get a shirt now.”

He noticed something on the ground. It was a card. Basing it on his previous world’s knowledge it looked to be an adventurer’s card.

The rank was a standard F to S. And she was C rank. Her name as depicted on the card appeared to be Gina Purrple.

“Guess this could be a free ticket to a shirt.” He chuckled.

He took the card and left the forest Boomer in tow trying to approach the village from the other way around. 

I have a hammer and I have a wrench. So, I am sure to get a shirt for repairing something.

“Hello there,” he was surrounded and attacked by village catgirls again.

“They call me Big Junk! I am a friendly dwarf who offers repairs. I need a shirt in exchange.” He smartly introduced himself.

A small catgirl with a staff came out of the crowd.

“Village elder!” The crowd of catgirls called out.

The small orange haired girl with twintails raised her hand demanding silence.

“This is a hard time for both catgirls and dwarfs. What we see here might be one of the last dwarfs.” She said in a cute naïve voice, but the undertone was clear. She needed the dwarf for something.

“We will give you a house, but you must repair our village. The evil empire destroyed the basic utilities of our village. Including the watering system, drainage, food storage and our farming tools. We also need weapons. If you can provide any of this, you and your companion are free to stay here but you must always wear a hood to hide the lack of ears.”

“But elder what if the evil catgirls return?” A squeamish bigger well-endowed catgirl asked.

“They won’t, as there are too many villages to destroy. They need to be the only catgirls, and let the others disappear. They believe our village is done for but now we have a dwarf who can repair. Even elves cannot craft as well as dwarfs.”

The small elder shrugged: “Besides even if they don’t return, we cannot last the winter like this.”

The dwarf interjected: “I can repair but what’s in it for me. I will also need food!”

“Naturally we will provide you your share if you help us.” The orange haired catgirl nodded agreeing.

“Anyhow please disperse.” The elder waived the catgirls away with her hand.

Now left alone with the dwarf she told him that she hadn’t seen a dwarf so handsome before.

Big Junk nodded thinking I am that handsome, aren’t I. Boomer also yelped happily, scraping the ground with his hoofs seeing his master being popular.

“Oh yeah, do you know Gina Purrple?”

“You know the adventurer? She is the only active one residing in this village. If you have a task for her be sure to post it at the village’s quest board.”

“Could you tell her to find me at my house? I have something to give to her. Where is my house anyway?”

“Let me show you…” The orange twin-tailed loli lead the way.

4