Big Junk chapter 6-War on the horizon
166 6 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the sweeping morning light, a few silhouettes could be seen marching through the forest. In the middle there was Batty, the sadistic well-endowed magus of the Empire, on her left and right there were respectively the savage Tooty and the emotionless Roboneko. They were rushing to complete the mission personally given to them by their beloved empress.

In the middle of a conversation discussing the beauty of Kittler, they were interrupted by a rustling of the bushes.

*Rustle, Rustle*

They quickly got into their battle stance. This time they could not afford to let their beloved leader down. And with the ongoing operation of Sapiens 001, the soldiers besides the regiments to protect Titanite Castle, had all been dispatched to the New Continent. With no guards to protect them and enhance their abilities with resonance they had to be extra careful.

However, a Continent was not separated by only an ocean, it was an entire parallel dimension in of itself. In short it was deemed necessary to invade the New Continent after the scouts sent in advance discovered that the strongest wizards had means of travel between the Continents. They could not risk anyone interfering and ambushing while the elves possessing amazing magical defences, barricaded themselves and offered a home to a handful of dreadful Ancient dragons. It was a gathering of filth.

Fortunately, the ancients who created magical abominations that moved around were gone. Only the elvish capital Gilara possessed a remnant of the technology, which was a forcefield falling apart. The dwarfs all but one were gone, as such there was no one who could possibly repair the defences or reinforce the elves. But their empress was prudent and disliked leaving anything to chance.

From the bushes an azure horn emerged. Its tip glimmering in the dark with flashes of light blue lightning filled with power. A hoof stomped on the ground, the manner displaying overwhelming power. An azure mane was swaying in the wind. The unicorn growled and said in a deep voice akin to a mountain:

“Leave. This forest is ours.”

Batty lowered the hood of her black robe. The other two joined her.

“It belongs to the empress.”

All three said with the voice of zealot, like cultists worshipping in a single voice.

“Burn, heretic!”

All three put their arms forward shaped in a triangle. A glowing bright orange magical circle appeared in front of Batty with the other two joining to cast a magic, their golden ears shining in the morning light. From the half a meter in diameter magic circle a fiery beam of the same colour and size as the circle appeared, before targeting the azure unicorn.

As a machine it bore no fear and merely stepped aside, preparing to charge. Yet Batty, turned the laser around following his movement. With the spell cast Tooty and Roboneko only needed to offer a hand to stabilise the magic. With the other one free they casted a signature spell of their own.

Tooty raised her hand and casted a giant pillar of fire to where the azure unicorn was running dodging the moving beam, while Roboneko summoned three orbs of fire that flew into the air and started following the unicorn shooting fireballs at it.

The unicorn was incredibly fast and turned into lightning to avoid the fire and beams when dodging became impossible.

Unfortunately, they were in a forest and the fire started quickly spreading. In just a moment a dozen trees were turned to dust.

The unicorn new that the battle would end in defeat even if it won. The forest was almost done for. It could do only one thing to stop the deadly forest fire.

It had to blow itself up. Willingly. Without the forest the thing would be exposed. This explosion would be its last. But then it saw the third younger princess-y unicorn. It was rushing in his direction. With it being young the magic would protect it. Meanwhile he was the oldest one whose circuit was busted and him blowing himself up would be the end. But with her, if he could just get that dwarf, it would somehow be alright. It could be fixed.

The new coming unicorn made for enough of a distraction for him to cast a thunderbolt. The other one blew herself up and the wind generated by the explosion snuffed out the strong fire. The explosion stunned and knocked away the three catgirls making them land one over another crashing into a tree behind them.

Taking aim, the unicorn shoot a majestic thunderbolt right into the catgirls making the fur on their tails stand on end. The two girls, Batty and Tooty were stunned, while Roboneko quickly casted a spell, fire surrounding her hand, before she palmed the ground and with the fire coating her hand creating a great amount of ash, then a flash of fire, it covered all of their forms. When the ash subsided, they were gone.

Meanwhile in the village the dwarf was in his castle petting his water cat. It was hardly morning and with his shirt that now had a hood with cat ears that looked like the real deal, he decided to take a gander around the village. While he was walking around, cat following behind, he kept hearing giggling and heard whispers of something like “the elder’s favourite” and caught some glances of appreciation from the catgirls of the village, followed by nods of greetings.

He wagered he was probably the most popular person in the village and the only one who possessed a castle.

He heard hoofs striking the ground in the distance. The village didn’t have any horses. At least he was sure as he hadn’t seen any or any stables for that matter.

With it rushing out of the forest and the bushes rustling, he was feeling like there was a similar situation before. Tilting his head in puzzlement he stared at the bushes on the outer reaches of the forest neighbouring the village.

The biggest unicorn came out!

It was the one with the majestic mane. He decided it would be wise to give it the slip before it noticed him. He went to see Boomer, with him and the cat rushing in tow. He finally found Boomer by the adventurer’s Inn playing fondly with a small catgirl that was feeding him crystals. He heard some adventurers arrived in the days he had been repairing the village and learning magic.

He had also learned a new spell in the meantime, all it took was treating the small cat right. His master was quite cranky these days for some reason. However, it was nothing a disciple couldn’t take care of.

“Boomer! We need to go. Stop playing with the child! We don’t have the time.”

He heard a dignified voice behind him: “You aren’t trying to give me the slip, are you?”

Junk stiffly turned around, displaying a smile.

“N-no. I was just trying to find Boomer so we could go…”

The unicorn gave a fierce look.

“Umm… Where you want to that is.”

The machine unicorn wasn’t convinced, but not wanting to tarry he said: “Let’s go then.”

With the water cat settled on the unicorn and Junk in full gear running behind him,   and the bigger unicorn taking the lead, they all went ahead.

After running for a few hours, Junk became impressed with his stamina, which he figured improved after the few days spent working and strengthening his body’s blood flow while “levelling” his magic. They finally reached the burned clearing.

Junk asked the unicorn what had happened here. The unicorn first directed him to repair the other one, then started explaining what had happened. The dwarf narrowed his eyes. Hearing of their destructive abilities he knew that he would not be able to match the vile catgirls in a direct confrontation.

There was no telling when they would be back. He questioned the bigger knowledgeable unicorn.

“What hope do we have against them. What can we use? The village elder mentioned this wasn’t the first time they were here. What happened last time?”

“The elder of the village took them on. But forced to not kill the officers Tom’s Snuffle Fluff had to suffer destruction of their facilities. The elder managed to repel them in the end with a big tsunami. Their fire magic got stifled by water and they were washed away in retreat.”

The unicorn explained. Junk was impressed for once by Pom’s magical prowess. It seemed she had many things to teach him and that her words weren’t just empty bravado like he thought.

 He had an idea and figured that the lightning of the unicorns and Pom’s water magic would make a destructive combination.

But he couldn’t always rely on Pom to protect the village. He heard there were adventurers in the village, perhaps he could commission them to fight the nazi catgirls… No, they probably wouldn’t be strong enough. He had to take the matters into his own hands.

Having assembled the princess-y unicorn, after opening the hatch and pressing the green button, then quickly closing it he threw himself on the ground, barely dodging the sweeping hoofs passing over his head.

“THE DWARF! Pervert! Harasser! Imbecile!”

The angry missy pranced and turned around trying to pierce him with her horn. The bigger unicorn stood over Junk, in her way.

“This is not the time.”

The old unicorn said looking at both. The dwarf looked at him with a look that displayed his outrage at the implication that he was at fault.

The bushes rustled again, with the third motherly unicorn joining the fray.

“Ara, ara.”

The unicorn expressed her amusement at the situation. Then informed them that the kitties would be here in five minutes, proposing that they all prepared for combat.

With the dwarf casting freeze on his cat hoping to reduce the burden of fire on it, the tsundere stepped in front of the dwarf in the direction, where the enemies were spotted coming from, displaying what appeared to be her determination to protect Big Junk. Boomer stood beside Junk with his head lowered prepared to charge.

Junk had another cast of his summoning magic remaining and three more cast of freezes for the day. His new spell was fully charged and he had great expectations for this spell’s utility against the nazi catgirls. This would leave a lasting impression thought Junk as he maliciously chuckled to himself.

Unknown to the others in the charred clearing there was another orange haired observer in the bushes. It was Pom, she was surely not going to miss the excitement. 

Behind her was the silver haired adventurer, Gina Purrple.

Out of the shadows appeared the nazi catgirls, in perfect condition despite the earlier skirmish. Standing face to face with the enemy Junk revealed a determined expression. Defeat was not an option.

The nazis advanced into the clearing.

Tooty displayed her canine in a sneer, preparing her magic, while overlooking them before saying: “Just a bunch of dumb animals.”

“That’s right.”

Roboneko as always emotionlessly said with her silver tail swishing in delight and her ears twitching, showing just how happy she was that her prey came to her. 

Meanwhile behind her, Batty observed their prey, put her head back with her blonde ponytail shaking because of the action and started laughing. 

Glancing back down, she displaying a sadistic smile, hugged her shoulders and started shaking in delight. She would do a splendid job for her empress.

Roboneko summoned her signature orbs of fire, while Tooty started channelling fire magic into her arms, prepared to take advantage of any mistake the enemy made to burn them to a crisp.

 Batty put her arms in front of her well-endowed chest, which completely filled the uniform, then she breathed out a line of fire. The fire formed a fiery hot whip made of fire, which she grabbed and held with her right arm. She was prepared to leave burned flesh in its wake.

The unicorns besides Boomer coated themselves in lightning. 

Meanwhile, Junk held his golden hammer and prepared his other hand to cast. Ever friendly Boomer was menacingly scraping the ground with its hoof, preparing to show them his battle prowess and sharpness of horn. He was going to do what he does best. 

Next to him on the ground the cat was casting a smug look, provoking the catgirls.

In the shadow of the bushes Pom held her staff as she pointed it at the enemy girls, resonating with the surrounding water. Behind her Gina nocked an arrow and readied her bow.

Everyone was thinking, let’s get this battle started.

3