Undying
99 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Yes, the chapter titles are the titles for the fics they'll be for. This chapter does contain a spoiler for Undying, so read at your own risk. Also, next chapter is Cat's Way Izuku, then we'll be getting to the ones I haven't written yet.

Or more accurately, tumbles out along with a bundle of blankets while shouting. While they’re fighting the blanket to get free, the class of 1-A stares in shock. Because in the brief flashes of the person they saw…

Finally they get out of the blanket, throwing it off of their head while giving a shout of triumph with their arms thrown out to the sides. “Finally! I told Sky that I’d force her to go to school the next time she dropped near the base, but here…we…are?”

The alternate blinks as he stares at the room full of hero students who are too shocked to move. Midoriya’s Alternate is…definitely a sight to see. He’s muscled. Very well muscled, maybe even more than the ‘local’ Midoriya. But that’s not the most eye-catching thing about him. No, that belongs to the scars that litter his body.

Some are small, like he got cut but didn’t bandage it right so the scar happened. Others are huge, causing the students to wonder how he’s even still alive, like the jagged one that circles his neck. But there’s one series of scars that are unlike the others on his forearm, not random, but seeming to make a pattern. No, a word. Peering closely, one could see that it spells out ‘Himiko’.

After a second he opens his mouth, his first words upon seeing his new situation. “Huh. This isn’t the sex dungeon.”

“SEX DUNGEON!?” Half the class shouts in shock, while the other half-

“PUT ON SOME PANTS!”

-demand that he covers himself. But there’s always a few who’s inner thoughts don’t match their words.

Damn, Midori’s packing! Since Ochako is taking so long, maybe I’ll have a bite for myself~. Mina likes what she sees.

Looks like some things are the same across timelines~. Toru muses.

I’LL KILL BOTH OF THEM! Bakugou is the same rage filled hero(?) he always is, which is enhanced by the fact that he’s lost to Midoriya in yet another way.

*Thunk* And Uraraka faints with her eyes open and a nosebleed dripping from her face and onto the desk she face plants on.

The Alternate rolls his eyes while wrapping the blanket around himself, toga style. “Jeez. You hero students are as high strung here as you are in my version of whatever's going on.”

“Wait, you know what’s going on?” Sunpo asks with a confused look, trying to cover the blush on her cheeks. It’s the first time she’d called an Alternate and they’d been naked. But given that none of the other Alternates she’d summoned before knew that was the case, she can tell that things are going to be crazy!

He scoffs in reply. “Well, considering I’m in class 1-A with a distinct lack of fear and panic -I’ll need to fix that later-”

“I’m sorry, WHAT?”

He ignores Aizawa’s question and continues. “-and someone -not going to name any names,” he makes heavy eye contact with Bakugou and sticks out his tongue, causing a vein to pulse on the explosive blonde’s forehead. “But someone is in better condition than I left them in last time I saw them.”

The Alternate meets the eyes of the ‘local’ Midoriya as a mad grin splits his face in half and Bakugou’s hands start sparking. “I could fix that for you before I go.” A blade suddenly appears in his hand, startling everyone even as their teacher launches his scarf towards him.

But to the shock of his class the Alternate stabs the cloth, circling his wrist to wrap two layers of the scarf around his knife. Aizawa yanks it back before he manages to wrap a third layer. But instead of him being disarmed or dragged off balance, the Alternate leaps forward, using Aizawa’s own pull to get more distance than he should be able to and rotating his body around so he lands feet first on Aizawa’s chest.

Using his chest as a springboard, the alternate leaps up with a happy cry! He does a little pirouette in midair and lands with his toga falling to cover his once again bare butt that’s facing the gobsmacked class. He spins around and gives the dazed Aizawa a flourishing bow, causing some of the class to cry out about needing some eye bleach as they get an eyeful of something they never wanted to see.

“Sorry ‘bout that Eraserhead, but it was just a joke! You know, like the people I lived with most of my life!”

His head tilts back before suddenly whipping in the direction of Midoriya, who freezes at the grim certainty he sees in his Alternate’s eyes. “After all, I wouldn’t want to take the fun away from this version of myself. That’s not what Midosagi is about.”

Before local Midoriya can open his mouth, a snort draws both Midoriyas’ attention. “The fuck kind of name is ‘Midosagi’?” Bakugou’s scathing commentary continues, unheeding of the dangerous glint in the Alternate’s eyes. “That’s such a shitty hero na- AH!”

His derisive words are cut off by the appearance of a knife in his shoulder, turning them into a scream instead. This time he lets himself get wrapped up in their teacher’s scarf, who immediately grabs his phone and calls for Recovery Girl. The whole time the Alternate hasn’t looked away from Bakugou.

“Keep this in mind, Ka~ Chan~.” He draws out the word like it’s part of a tune. “The only, and I mean ONLY, reason I haven’t dealt with you the same way I did back in my time is because I want that me,” he jerks his chin towards the petrified Midoriya still in his seat, terrified at how his Alternate is acting. “To experience the same sense of satisfaction that I felt when I got my revenge for how you treated me. My. Entire. Life.”

Just as quickly as he turned to anger, he’s once again calm. “Now, you all already know to call me Midosagi, but anything more than that can wait until the others get here.” He turns to Sunpo with a raised eyebrow, acting like Aizawa’s scarf isn’t even there. “I’m assuming that there will be others, given there are multiple tears in the fabric of reality?”

She swallows. “Uh, um- yeah. There should be around four or five, I think?”

He nods, letting himself fall backwards onto the floor, his back making a muffled slap through the scarf. “Might as well get comfortable. Hope the other mes are more interesting than this trembling hero version.”

As if his words were some kind of signal, the class gathers in groups and start talking to each other, shooting glances at their Midoriya as they do.

As for local Midoriya, he tries to check on Bakugou only to be rebuffed by a bevy of curses and threats, so he moves over to his own group of friends. Uraraka pats him on the back reassuringly. “Don’t worry Deku, I’m sure the other Alternates will be way nicer than this one!”

Midoriya glances between his friends, Tsu with her usual blank face, hiding whatever she thinks of the situation. Iida nodding while furiously chopping his hand. Todoroki with a thoughtful look on his face, probably thinking up different theories about why the first Alternate Midoriya is how he is.

But none of them seem to have come to the same conclusion that Midoriya has. “You mean you guys haven’t realized it yet?” He asks just to make sure, but at the shakes of their heads he tries to lead them through his own thoughts.

“All of his scars?”

“You have a bunch of scars too, y’know. Hero work is dangerous!”

“Pretty much all of them are self-inflicted though.” The matter-of-fact way Tsu says it is enough for Uraraka to choke out a surprised laugh that Iida immediately berates.

“Uraraka! It is improper to laugh at the misfortunes of others, especially our friends! Do you see any of us laughing at your financial situation?”

Striking at her low point, she meekly apologizes while Midoriya sighs at their antics. “First of all that’s all from my quirk. Second of all, do any of those scars look like they came from my quirk?” At their shaking heads he moves on to his next point.

“More than that though, how he acted towards Kachan was way too extreme!”

“Well…” Uraraka gets an uncomfortable look on her face before continuing at Midoriya’s urging. “It’s just, we’ve all seen how he acts towards you. And the way you just…accept it, isn’t normal. Yes, we’ve all accepted that the rude nicknames he gives out are part of his personality, but with you it’s always personal. And targeted.”

Iida nods. “Indeed, Midoriya. Out of respect for you we’ve refrained from saying anything, but Bakugou does have a limit on his actions when directed at us. But when it comes to you, it appears to not exist.”

“Didn’t he blow up the door for your room last week, just so he could shout at you for appearing in his dream, kero?” Tsu points out.

“...The next Endeavor.” Todoroki says simply, making Midoriya wince even while the others give him confused looks.

Midoriya sighs again. “Ok, I get it. When comparing how my Alternate and I act towards Kachan, I suppose his does seem a tiny bit more reasonable. But throwing a knife at him? Actually stabbing him with the thrown knife!? Don’t you guys think that’s going too far!?”

They give slow nods even while shaking their hands in a so-and-so gesture. Is Kachan really as bad as they’re making him out to be…? Midoriya wonders with furrowed brows, only for his focus to be drawn to Recovery Girl opening the classroom door.

She takes a quick look around the room, eyes briefly stopping on the knife in Bakugou’s shoulder, who’s glaring at his group of friends and scowling anytime they ask if they should take the knife out, and on the floor-bound Alternate, who’s begun humming a little tune while spinning himself in a circle using his feet.

“I’m not going to ask,” she states firmly as she waddles over to Bakugou. “Just make sure that there aren’t any more injuries because I am not dealing with whatever’s going on here.” With one smooth motion she hooks her cane into the knife’s guard and pulls it out with a deft flick of her wrist, kissing Bakugou’s shoulder at the same time to minimize any blood loss.

After waddling back towards the door, ignoring Bakugou’s grumbling when he should be saying thank you, she stops and taps the floor twice with her cane. “I think that I’ll give Toshinori a call. He’d be interested in seeing more than one Midoriya.” And she walks out, completely ignoring the outraged shout of the Alternate as he wiggles himself into a sitting position.

“You mean that yellow bas-ket case is still alive!?” He shouts, interrupting himself mid-yell for some reason. He glares at the local Midoriya with anger filled eyes as, unbeknownst to all but Sunpo, another of the portals start to flash. “The heck have you been doing!? Even if you did decide not to take your dream off the roof with you, you should have enough pride in yourself to at least put him out of our misery!”

The room previously filled with students’ muttering falls silent as all their attention is drawn back to the Alternate. But for two people, the people who know the deeper meaning of his words, the reaction is more profound.

Bakugou pales, his hands twitching at the thought of the nerd having actually taken the taunt he’d said in the spur of the moment back in middle school seriously. Midoriya also pales, his eyes darting between his friends, terrified that they’d somehow realize that the Alternate’s words resonate with him more than they’d ever know.

If the Sludge Villain hadn’t gotten free after he’d clung to All Might. If they hadn’t attacked Bakugou specifically. If his explosions hadn’t been powerful enough that he could hear them from his position on the rooftop.

If any one of those was different, he might not be here today.

But the Alternate’s anger seems more personal than Mioriya thinks it would be if he was just angry about All Might telling him to give up on his dream. “Wow, so this Midoriya hates All Might? That’s surprising.” Jiro says, eyeing the two of them and eliciting a snort from the Alternate.

“Why shouldn’t I hate my sperm donor? Worst. Father. Ever.”

“...”

“I KNEW IT! YOU’RE ALL MIGHT’S SECRET LOVE CHILD!!” Todoroki shouts, pointing at Midoriya and the Alternate, causing Midoriya to sigh.

“Todoroki, I told you that All Might and I aren’t related. We even did a blood test to prove it!”

“More like neglect- Wait, what?” The Alternate blinks. “He’s…not your sperm donor? Lucky prick,” he mutters that last part, though not quietly enough that nobody can hear him.

“Wait, All Might is your dad!?” Midoriya squeals. “What’s that like!? How’d you grow up? Are his fathering skills on the same level as his teaching skills? Is Mom still your mom if that’s the case? Why doesn’t your hair resemble All Might’s if-”

“SHUT UP!” The Alternate shouts at Midoriya, who immediately stops his question rant and hunches down a bit in habit. The Alternate eyes the flashing portal before sighing. “Fine, I wanted to wait until all of us got summoned or whatever this is, but since you're so impatient I’ll give a very brief introduction.”

He swings himself up onto his feet using nothing but his leg muscles, causing those watching to shiver slightly at the disturbing sight. He gives a limp bow as he speaks. “My birth name was Izuku Yagi, twin brother to Izumi Yagi. My villain name is Midosagi.” He swings himself upright like a loaded spring, smirking at the gaping mouths of the hero students even as the portal flashes one final time before another one walks out.

“And I’m the one who killed the Symbol of Peace.”

4