Chapter 17: 17 Years and Pleasant News
126 0 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been 5 years since auntie and uncles' accident, 5 years since I got to know the dark side of the world, and 5 years since I decided to walk and dominate that side.

Many things have happened and changed since then, too many to tell and mention, but among the most important is that I am currently in the last months of my final year of high school. Now both Seonhwa and I are 17 years old, well, Seonhwa turned 17 last month and I did a month and a half before her.

The first 2 years of these 5 years were very hard for the sisters, their parents have not woken up in these 5 years and with each year the prognosis looks more gloomy. Uncle Jung stopped needing life support in those first 2 years, so we were able to start visiting him and that relieved a little more of the sisters' sadness.

But that did not change the fact that both their parents were in a coma and there is no way to know when they will wake up or if they will ever wake up.

Jinhee and Seunghae are now in their third year of primary school and Hyung is graduating with a degree in business administration next year.

And our parents are now successful billionaire entrepreneurs thanks to the sale of the programs I have invented over these years.

We live in a large house in an upper-class area where security is better. After starting to earn money in large amounts my parents decided to do it for safety.

Physically, well, I have not neglected my physical training at any time and I have trained as much as possible for my body without affecting my growth, I can say that I am at the physical level of an Olympic athlete in all categories, strength, speed, endurance.

But I know that this is only at the Olympic level and the Olympic level is still not the maximum that a human can reach, so I hope to reach the peak of the human condition in all aspects before my body is fully developed and that will be when I am 20, I have to reach the maximum by that age at the latest. And then dedicate all my effort to surpass the human limit before I turn 26, which is the time I will enter the Lost Paradise. 

Since the improvement of my physical abilities has always been limited to my physical development, I decided to improve in areas that are not affected by it and these last years I have also been learning martial arts. Thanks to my ability to obtain 4 times better results and the fact that my natural intellect is good and my body is in maximum physical condition in these 5 years I have reached the highest levels in several different martial arts such as Taekwondo, Karate, and Soobahkdo and I plan to master more in the future, but in these years these have been the most accessible without distancing myself from my family since there are local gyms where they teach them.

When I turn 20 and my body is fully developed, I plan to travel the world and go to seek to surpass the human physical limits and learn more styles and types of martial arts.

That reminds me that Seonhwa has joined me in the training, or rather I convinced her to improve her physical capacity and I taught her some fighting techniques to prepare her for the future. 

"I don't know what effects the changes I have brought to her life compared to the life she leads in the novel will have. I don't know if the changes will be negative or positive for her participation in Lost Paradise. It may be that this time she might not even participate in Lost Paradise, or she may, but her motives and circumstances may be different, and that is why I need to prepare her as best as possible so that she will not have difficulties in case she goes.

As for the supernatural aspect, in these 5 years, I have increased the level of my [Self-Healing] ability to Medium rank, and now I can heal a minor wound in less than a minute without leaving a trace, a serious one in hours, and a fracture in days. The latter was difficult to test without alarming my family, but in the end, I was able to do it.

The only thing that saddens me is that this ability is limited to me; as much as I would like to use it to heal Seonhwa's parents, it does not work on anyone other than myself. I have continued trying to develop the ability to heal others, but I still have no results despite improving my mana control a bit, but it has not been enough to develop an ability to heal others.

Then there's the [Nine Eyes]; in this time, I have only been able to unlock the color of the Upper Direction, the Gold color that represents the golden commandment. With that, I only lack the colors of the Right Direction. 

I also improved [Physical Reinforcement] to Low rank, but since my body cannot keep up with the reinforcement without causing serious damage, I cannot continue to improve the ability.

With my reinforcement at maximum and maintaining my healing to mitigate the damage, I can increase my base physical abilities by 4 times, and I am capable of running at 110 km/h and carrying up to 1 ton of weight and withstanding low-caliber bullet impacts. I can maintain my [Physical Reinforcement] for 2 full hours before exhausting myself.

Well, as for low-caliber bullets, it is not that I'm impervious to them, but they won't penetrate more than a centimeter of my skin and won't reach my organs. Depending on the amount, such wounds leave no trace after a few minutes with my [Self-Healing]. 

But I learned a better form of external protection, and [Physical Reinforcement] is not the best option. Over the years, there are 2 abilities that I developed for their convenience; the first is [Mana Circuit Application], which is the ability that allows me to control mana, and I managed to raise it from Very Low to Low rank. It is super useful, and thanks to improving it, I have been able to advance in my other abilities.

After improving it, not only could I move objects at a distance or circulate mana more easily, but I am also capable of creating physical phenomena like fire, water, air, and much more. But I don't like that area of mana manipulation because my control is still very low, and it also consumes a lot of mana, and I feel it is a waste to spend the little mana there is on earth to practice those applications.

That is why I focused on applications that barely consume mana but are super useful, and with that, I came to the next ability I call; [Mana Layer], this ability works by compacting a large amount of mana into a thin layer over a surface in contact, I can make the surface so resistant that if I use it on my skin, a low-caliber weapon won't even scratch me, and a medium-caliber one barely causes damage. I have not been able to test it with heavier or anti-armor weapons, but I am sure the ability won't protect me much from them, since it depends on my level of mana control and I still need to raise it more."

Another application of the [Mana Layer] ability is to use it on a thin and fragile object, say for example, a stiletto blade. Normally they are very thin and sharp, but for the same reason, they are very fragile; if you use it on something very hard and apply a lot of force, the blade will break. However, with [Mana Layer], they can withstand the force to even cut steel, and thanks to [Mana Layer], its edge is not damaged either. That is why it is another one of my signature abilities now.

And finally, the last important ability, I call it [Continuous Mana Flow]. This is the one I developed when I tried to save my uncle and auntie by making my mana channels divide the task into two: some are in charge of channeling the mana I need to use abilities, and others are in charge of absorbing the mana from the environment, all at the same time.

When I used it to save my uncle and auntie, it was very difficult for me to divide the tasks, but I trained and practiced the ability and improved my mana control, now I almost don't need to spend mental processing on using it.

I was so absorbed in my thoughts that the sudden ringing of my phone startled me a bit, but I did not let it show and raised my hand and said, "Permission to leave teacher, I have to take an important call."

The teacher was not upset at all and gave me permission, as I am not only the best student in the institute, but also at the regional level and the third-best student nationally.

I left the classroom and saw the caller ID; it was mom. I hurried to answer since I am almost never called when I am in class; something must have happened.

"Hello mom, is everything okay?" I said, trying to keep my tone as calm as possible.

"Better than okay! Listen carefully Jihu... Your aunt has finally woken up! The hospital just called me. You have to ask for permission and go for Seonhwa and bring her to the hospital, your dad and I are already on our way to pick up Seunghae and Jinhee from school, and your dad is calling Wooseok, we will all meet at the hospital," said mom super happy, unable to contain her excitement before hanging up the call.

For my part, I almost dropped the phone. I took a deep breath and entered the classroom, asked the teacher for permission, and told him that something came up at home, that later my parents would send a signed excuse. I did not wait for him to respond and left as quickly as possible to the female section of the institute.

The society of this era is quite primitive and still divides its students by gender, boys with boys and girls with girls, and then they wonder why discrimination exists when society itself teaches to divide and discriminate.

Although I have heard that in some countries they do not divide classes by gender, at least here in Korea they still do.

It took me less than 3 minutes to reach the other section despite the distance, I did not care about the attempts of scolding from some teachers for running through the halls.

I opened the door of the classroom and said, "Teacher, my apologies but I have to ask that student Yoo Seonhwa accompany me, something has happened at home and we have to leave immediately, my parents will send a written excuse at another time." Although I said it for the teacher, my gaze did not rest on her at any moment and instead, I signaled to Seonhwa to take her things as quickly as possible. 

Seonhwa, alarmed because she didn't know what was happening, simply shoved everything from her desk into her backpack without caring if she damaged any notebooks or books. She didn't even bother to put away the pencils and ran out. The teacher gave her permission and we ran out.

"Oppa, what happened?" Seonhwa asked while we were running to the school parking lot where our private driver and bodyguards were waiting for us.

"Wait until we get to the car and I'll explain, it's nothing bad, I promise," I said to calm her down. I didn't tell her about her aunt at that moment because she might trip or bite her tongue while running. She calmed down and kept running.

We got to the car and got in; the driver was already waiting for us. We just sat down and buckled up. When he started the car, I originally thought I would have to tell him the destination, but it seems mom had already talked to them, so he didn't ask anything and just drove off.

"Oppa, now tell me what happened! Don't make me more anxious!" Seonhwa said, a bit nervous and excited.

"It's okay, take a deep breath," I said. And I waited for her to do so, then took her hand and said, "Aunt Seonmi has just woken up! The hospital informed mom a few minutes ago and she called me to let me know. Now we're all on our way to the hospital, mom and dad will pick up Seunghae and Jinhee on the way so you don't have to worry about them," I told her, super happy.

She went blank for a few seconds and then hugged me tightly and began to sob. I wrapped her in my arms and stroked her hair.

We stayed like that for a few minutes until she calmed down a bit and finally separated from me. She was happy, smiling with tears in her eyes and some snot on her face, but her smile of happiness was beautiful. I took my handkerchief and cleaned her up and said, "Come on, tidy up a bit, auntie has to see you pretty and strong or she'll be mad at me for not taking good care of you," to which she laughed a little and began to fix her hair and the light makeup that had run because of the tears. After a while, we finally arrived at the hospital and went to meet mom and dad who, according to what they told us on the phone, had arrived a few minutes earlier. 

9