Chapter 13: Goblin Tribe
104 2 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Drake and his group again left the territory for a new adventure. He asked them to take a different route compared to the previous day.

They met many different types of monsters. They killed most along the way.

The twins had practiced again inside the training room after Drake left last night. Since they did not need to worry about sleep inside the training room, they substituted their night sleep with the Training Room.

Then they went outside the territory for another short trip to fight with monsters.

They sold more monsters when they came back. They were becoming famous day by day. Moreover, their transformation only further increased their popularity.

They had a big trailer attached to their jeep so any monster bodies that could be sold were put inside.

It had many small monsters, three Iron Tusk Boars, and even two Gale Vultures. Just a few hours since they started the adventure they were already full.

The Gale Vultures attacked them at the same time. But Drake's party members were no longer the same. Two arrows, two headshots, and two Gale Vultures died.

She showed visible improvements when fighting against flying monsters.

They again stopped somewhere to eat their lunch. That time they prepared one of the monsters they caught for lunch.

Drake had exchanged the purification technique for Mortal (Level 0) monsters.

It was nothing too complicated. It was merely a concoction prepared using a few herbs. The meat needed to be submerged inside the concoction for a few minutes to purify the fog’s corruption in it.

The herbs were not too rare and were easily available in the market. He gave the list to them, the twins bought them in the morning while purchasing other supplies.

Of course, they purchased those herbs from different vendors with different other things to not show anyone that they had the recipe for the purification concoction.

The girls were preparing the food. The scent of the cooked monster meat was tantalizing. After it was cooked they sat together to start eating the food. They were waiting for Drake to take the first bite when they heard some rustling sound.

They saw many humanoid creatures moving towards them. At first, they thought they were attacked by zombies again. But the creatures were much smaller than them.

When they came near them, Drake found they looked like goblins from fantasy. They were green with gray spots on their bodies. They were on average three to four feet tall.

The way goblins were alternatively watching the food and them, Drake, and his group were sure they came smelling it.

Since they had too many monsters, he didn't mind sharing some food with them. But their guests had other intentions.

“Growl, food”, said one goblin pointing to the cooked meat and him.

“Growl, female”, said another goblin while pointing toward the twins.

“Growl, food, female”

“Growl, food, female, growl”

All the goblins were excited seeing the bounty in front of them.

“Kill them.”

Drake had no intentions of behaving civilly with a species that considered him as food.

In seconds, tens of goblins died, with arrows in their forehead.

Drake and his party shifted their location away from the dead bodies and ate their lunch.

After finishing their lunch, they came to the dead goblins. Drake checked what they were.

 

Name: Corrupted Gluttonous Goblins 

Level 0

Introduction: Gluttonous Goblins who were corrupted because of living in the fog world for a long time. They didn't die of the corruption but still succumbed to it and became corrupted monsters.

 

They collected the Fog Coins dropped by the goblins. The goblins had weapons, but most of them were either useless, rotten, or corroded.

The few good ones they got should be obtained by them from other explorers they killed before. Those could be sold for some good money. Unfortunately, none were suitable for the twins.

Other than that, they also got goblin essence blood.

 

Name: Corrupted Goblins Blood Essence

Sequence 9, Early-Stage

 

He did not need it. He wouldn't use it neither would his followers. So he decided to sell it in the territory.

One more thing he got from them was a Zone Compass.

Just like a Territory Compass was made from a Fog Compass by feeding a territory’s coordinates to it, the owner’s consent was necessary.

Zone Compass was also made from Fog Compass by feeding the coordinates of a Fog Zones to it. But unlike a territory, no consent was needed as Fog Zones had no official owners.

Since the day was too bland, Drake decided to go and give the Fog Zone a visit. He thought since the goblins came on foot, the zone should not be far.

After driving for some time, they reached the fog zone. They went inside and stopped at the edge.

“Ayame, go do some simple recon. Don't stay long, and run away if you find someone too strong.”

“Yes, young master.”

Ayame acknowledged and went deeper into the fog zone.

She came across many makeshift huts with many goblins inside.

She moved like a shadow, not visible to anyone. The fog in the area further enhanced her cover.

She found that there were thousands of goblins just on the outer periphery of the zone. But all the goblins were very weak.

There were other species too. But they were either used for food or procreation and then for food.

The goblins could be seen eating humanoid creatures, beast-type monsters, or even their same kind.

Some goblins were busy filling any hole they could find. The females on the receiving end had all lost the light in their eyes, and those who were too broken ended up in the goblins’ plates too.

She killed any lone goblin she found and collected the loot.

She didn't find anything of much value, so she didn't waste too much time and moved on.

Next, she went towards the inner periphery, she thought that place would have a greater chance that she would find something valuable.

The huts in the inner periphery were much better than their outer counterparts.

The inner periphery also had hundreds of goblins. They were much stronger than the outer goblins but could still be handled by the twins, though with difficulty.

She found many valuables there but only stole those that were easier to steal and carry.

She found a pair of daggers that were better than hers so she took them, as well as a better bow for her sister.

Next, she went to the core part. She was on her toes inside it.

There were more than a hundred goblins. Among them, most goblins could easily challenge them, and many could even defeat them easily like the old guards of that idiot young master.

She found that the goblins had a leader and it was at level 1 (rank 1). She wanted to leave immediately but found the leader was leaving its hut which looked much better than any other huts in the core area.

She took that opportunity to look for valuables inside it. As it should have the best treasure in the zone.

She had no time to waste, so instead of checking all the items, she went to a box that was kept in a prominent position and looked inside. It had a crystal kept in it.

“ROAR”

The leader sensed something was amiss and roared to signal all the goblins.

Ayame directly kept the crystal without checking it and ran out.

The goblin leader found the thief lurking in their tribe and ran after her. The difference in their speed was not much, with Ayame being the faster one.

{Ayame: Yumi, get the jeep ready. We need to leave immediately.}

All the goblins had heard their leader's roar and were running after in anger.

The leader was more than six feet tall. It looked like a giant running together with all the other goblins.

It threw whatever it got in its hand towards her. When a goblin got closer to it, it even hurled it at her. She dodged all its attacks barely by relying on her stealth mastery and cover of the fog.

A few minutes later she arrived back. Yumi was already in the driver's seat waiting. Ayame jumped to the back of the jeep and shouted, “Go, go, go.”

The goblin leader along with the entire tribe was hot on her tail and was catching up quickly.

The engine was already on, Yumi had already put the car in the highest gear and driven it away at the fastest speed possible.

They could see the goblin leader still chasing after them, whereas the rest of the goblins were left in dust.

“ROAR”

The goblin was roaring in anger seeing that the distance with the car was increasing. Suddenly its eyes became red, its body buffed up at least twice and its speed increased by about 50%.

It started catching up with them.

“It's using some berserk type of skill. It should not last long. Leave the car to me and you go and harass it to waste its time”, said Drake while taking the steering wheel from her.

“Yes, young master.”

She climbed to the back of the jeep and then climbed up to the trailer attached to the jeep.

“Yumi, use this”, said Ayame and passed Yumi the bow she picked for her.

“Nice bow, thanks”, thanked Yumi while smiling. The new bow increased her confidence.

In the meanwhile, Drake, while handling the steering wheel, jumped to the driver's seat.

The car's speed increased even further pulling it further away from the goblin leader.

Drake only has a smirk on his face.

He had a driver's license in the real world. Even with his mental condition, with his mother’s connection, it was not a big deal to get him a driver's license.

He had helped his family members many times with getaways and high-speed car chases. Oops, he started getting off-topic. In short, he was an awesome driver.

Once again, the twins saw a new face of their lord after last night.

Yumi put her focus back onto the goblin leader chasing them like a mad bull.

She fired arrows at it, but it parried all the arrows with its sword. Its sword mastery was much higher than the skeleton.

But she was not tasked with defeating it, her task was to buy enough time till its skill effect was over.

She kept on firing arrows. It parried all the arrows but they succeeded in keeping it at bay.

After about 10 minutes, when her arrows were depleted by more than half, its skill was over. It went back to its previous body size. And its speed was drastically reduced. Such a skill had adverse side effects.

It roared in incompetent rage as it watched the thief running away before its eyes.

Drake drove till they were near the edge of the territory at full speed only then did he stop.

After confirming that the goblin was no longer following them, he took a sigh of relief and started laughing loudly.

Yumi and Ayame also joined him in laughing.

After laughing their full, they got out of the car and gathered near it. Ayame presented him with all the loot she got including the weapons she got for herself and Yumi.

Drake returned the weapons to them. He had no interest in them and if they could be used by the twins, it would only increase their power.

He counted all his gains. From the goblins including the ones killed before, he earned more than seventy coins, 13 extraordinary blood essences, two fog compasses, and lastly the treasure obtained from the goblin leader’s hut.

He was excited about having so many gains just from a small recon mission. He thought about what he would gain from the entire tribe.

Just when he was about to order the twins, he was interrupted by Ivy.

[Host, you can consider recording the Goblin Leader in the Training Room.]

‘Explain.’

[Host, first, it will be a good way to learn how to fight with humanoid creatures that could use their brains even if it is to a limited degree.

Second, his accomplishments in the sword would help in both learning the sword and learning how to defeat enemies who use the sword.

Third, not every monster can become Extraordinary. If it reached that level, it only meant it was very strong.

So host, you can consider using one of your Training Room slots on it.]

‘Hmm.’

Drake acknowledged Ivy’s reasoning.

“I have a mission for you”, said Drake to the twins.

The twins were straightened up. They had an inkling about what would be the mission.

“Annihilate the goblin tribe.”

“It will be done, my lord”, answered Yumi for both of them. She used the word lord to show her seriousness about her receiving the mission.

Both the sisters were angry at themselves for putting Drake in such a situation in the morning. They had decided to become strong enough to annihilate the entire Falmise Family as soon as possible.

Drake’s mission gave them a way of lessening their guilt towards their lord. They would become strong enough to defeat the goblin leader and then the entire Falmise Family.

“But I will give the killing strike to the goblin leader”, said Drake.

“As you wish, my lord.”

They agreed simply. As for the fact that it would increase the difficulty of the mission many times, in front of the lord's decree, it mattered not.

After ordering the twins, he shifted his attention back to the prize he kept for the last.

 

Trading Module

Can be plugged in with the game system to enable the trading function for the player.

 

Comment to show your support.

3