Power System (Spoilers)
209 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Path: Path is the way to power. Every path is different and provides different powers.

The reason to follow a path is to transcend the mundane and become a god.

Those who have successfully stepped into any path and followed the path are called Wayfarers.

The Fog World has infinite paths but not all paths point to godhood. Only a limited number of paths are capable of it. Rest fall short midway.

There are two types of paths:

1. Common or Fake Paths

2. Uncommon or Real Paths

Common paths are the most widely used but are weak compared to uncommon paths.

If using an analogy, if common paths are the normal classes in an RPG, then uncommon paths are the rare classes.

The power system is divided into sequences, from sequence 9 to sequence 0, godhood.

All common paths can be practiced till sequence 0. Most uncommon paths can not be practiced till sequence 0, but at the same time, uncommon paths that can be practiced till sequence 0 have the potential to reach beyond the sequence.

Each sequence has a separate name for each path, also called class.

Each sequence has a common title irrespective of the paths followed.

Low Sequence:

    Sequence 9 - Extraordinary

Mid Sequence:

    Sequence 8 - Transcendent

    Sequence 7 - Paramount

    Sequence 6 - Ascendant

High Sequence:

    Sequence 5 - King

    Sequence 4 - Emperor

    Sequence 3 - Overlord 

Demigod Sequence:

    Sequence 2 - Legend

    Sequence 1 - Myth

God Sequence:

    Sequence 0 - God (Also called the Great One)

Beyond the Sequence:

    Great Old One

    Outer God

    Ancient God

    Primal God

Only uncommon/real paths can reach the Great Old One. It is unknown how to reach beyond that. It is known that the Great Old One is the final destination of any path.

Each sequence is divided into 10 ranks from 1 to 10. Ranks 1-3 are called the early stage, ranks 4-6 are called the middle stage, ranks 7-9 are called the late stage, and rank 10 is called the peak stage for any sequence.

For example, early stage Extraordinary means ranks 1-3, sequence 9.

A potion is needed to level up. Every rank in every sequence needs a separate potion.

The potion needs time to digest. Whenever it is consumed, it is by default 10% digested. The time taken to digest the rest can depend on various factors like compatibility with the path, talent of the consumer, etc.

The digestion rate can be increased by doing activities that are related to the class of the sequence, for which the potion of any rank is taken.

It is extremely dangerous to consume potions. Failure to consume potions may lead to insanity, death, or even devolving into a monster.

More than one path can be followed, but that increases the danger exponentially with each new path.

Only after the current consumed potion is 100% digested, can a new potion be consumed, irrespective of whether the potion belongs to the same path the previous one was consumed or another path.

Those who haven't stepped into a path and have become Extraordinary (Sequence 9) are also called Mortals.

Level System:

Players have the extra advantage of gaining experience points through various activities like hunting monsters and using them to increase their digestion rate.

Each rank is divided into 10 levels. One level each for 10% digestion of potion.

Hence each rank is 10 levels and each sequence is 100 levels.

For example, sequence 9 is from levels 1-100. With rank 1 from levels 1-10, rank 2 from levels 11-20, rank 3 from levels 21-30, and so on.

Level 0 is used to denote the Mortals.

Experience points can only be used to increase digestion percentage, hence after reaching the 10th level for each rank (100% digestion), only after consuming the potion for the next rank, the players can start to level up again.

When following multiple paths, players will have multiple levels, each denoting progress in different paths. The final player level considered will be the highest of all levels.

Materials, Skills, Territory, etc:

All the materials, skills, spells, herbs, territory, etc, are divided into levels, from mortal, then sequence 9-0, with each sequence divided into early, middle, late, and peak stages. The mortal level has no stages.

    Mortal

    Sequence 9 - Extraordinary

     - Early stage

     - Middle stage

     - Late stage

     - Peak stage

    Sequence 8 - Transcendent

    Sequence 7 - Paramount

    Sequence 6 - Ascendant

    Sequence 5 - King

    Sequence 4 - Emperor

    Sequence 3 - Overlord

    Sequence 2 - Legend

    Sequence 1 - Myth

    Sequence 0 - God

Same sub-stages for every sequence.

More will be added later.

Territory:

A Fog Foundation Stone is needed to create territory. Special Fog Foundation Stones can give special characteristics to the territory but are not necessary to use and said characteristics can be acquired later, though it will be much harder.

When a territory is established, it will start as a Mortal Territory.

To level up the territory, certain prerequisites are needed to be cleared. Then a level-up test is needed to finally level up the territory.

Level-up can increase territory size.

Nearby fog zones can be captured to increase territory size, but that will increase the difficulty of leveling up.

Loyalty:

Loyalty is measured from 0 to 100 points.

0 (No Loyalty).

1-50 (Unreliable) - They could not be trusted and could betray their target of loyalty at any moment.

51-70 (Reliable) - They could be trusted to some extent and would not betray easily.

71-90 (Loyal) - They could be trusted with major business. They had low chances of betraying.

91-95 (Devout) - They are devoted to the target of their loyalty and put their liege’s interest above their own. If needed they could even give up their life for them. Very low chance of them betraying unless something drastic happens.

96-99 (Fanatic) - Their loyalty borders or even crosses obsession, willing to do anything and break any limits for their Liege. They consider their Liege as their faith. There is little to no chance of them betraying them. Only after destroying their faith, could they betray their liege.

100 (Zealot) - It was the point of no return, once reached, then no matter what they would never betray their target of loyalty.

The higher the loyalty, the harder it is to both increase and decrease it.

Mastery:

Mastery is divided into 9 stages:

 1. Beginner
  - 20 levels

 2. Intermediate
  - 30 levels

 3. Advanced
  - 50 levels
  - Aura (Can fight an Extraordinary as a Mortal)

 4. Expert
  - 100 levels
  - Low-level intent, intent is based on a concept based on the type of mastery.
  - Each level increases the intent by 1% up to 100 %

 5. Master
  - 100 levels
  - Mid-level intent
  - Each level increases the intent by 1% up to 100 %

 6. Grandmaster
  - 100 levels
  - High-level intent
  - Each level increases the intent by 1% up to 100 %

 7. King
  - 100 levels
  - Low-level domain
  - Each level increases the domain by 1 layer up to 100 layers

 8. Emperor
  - 100 levels
  - Mid-level domain
  - Each level increases the domain by 1 layer up to 100 layers

 9. Overlord
  - 100 levels
  - High-level domain
  - Each level increases the domain by 1 layer up to 100 layers

After the Overlord stage, level 100, mastery evolves to law, and the domain gives birth to a law seed.

 

PS: More information will added later as it will be introduced.

8