The weight of rarity
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Ugh, you humans are so strange. This could potentially be your last day alive, and I’m literally offering you to bang a goddess. Yet you are passing it up.” I think to myself as I grab the bed sheet and take it to the window. I transform back into my squidy form, this way I can search for nails or tape or rope without leaving the window.

“To think that you don’t know how rare you actually are… it’s crazy isn’t it?” I say out loud as I grab a roll of duct tape and seal the top part of the sheet to the window. I lean into the window to look outside. The moon is hanging high and the noises coming from below are intense. 

I start to remember what my life was like before I materialized onto earth. It was such a fast yet boring life. Back in the world of the cosmics. Only recently did I learn about the existence of Yahweh’s creation. Apparently they were meant to be apostles to the gods, heh like I would have thought so.

“You never told me what you are the goddess of, Seph. I would like to know.” Says Karlos as he lay there, eyes closed with shallow breathing. One of my many eyes blink at him as I start to say “well where’s the fun in telling you? Maybe if you gave me something in return. But you have no such offerings, do you?”  

“Oh whatever, I guess being the devotee of your love isn’t enough a reason to tell me? Bet you don’t even care about me all that much, with me living such a short life? Or maybe it’s cuz I’m a lesser being? Maybe it’s because my world is in tatters and my life has been disrupted?” Karlos says with a hint of agitation in his voice.

“You think that I’d consider you a lesser being than me? Have you not been listening to my words or my wishes?” I ask him blatantly and I turn to him as my arms transform into elongated furry podomeres. My body and flesh change as I develop a sleek blue exoskeleton and pincers on the sides of my mouth. My legs fuse together and change into a long tube of flesh with at least 30 legs on each side.

“All you need to know is that you are worth more to me than my own flesh and bone. Just because I am not used to the emotions that you humans have, it doesn’t mean that this love is fake.” My myriapoda legs scuttle on the attic floor as I walk up to him. I circle around him and lay down.

“Are those… centipede legs?” Karlos asks hesitantly as he clearly starts to sweat. His eyes trace my nearly 20 foot long leg section and land on my eyes. 

“And if they are, Does that make you love me less? Do they bother you? Do you find them unsettling? Do they irk you out?” I ask nervously, it makes my face heat up as I feel a blush spread out across my face. I turn away from him and my body starts to transform back to a human’s as my podomeres turn back to arms. 

I feel something grip my left hand, I turn to see Karlos holding it. I look down into his eyes as he looks at my body. “I kinda… like this form of yours.” Karlos says to me with a deep red blush and my mind freezes. My body stops in its tracks and my arms turn back into podomeres.

“Hey, I know I said that my true form would drive you insane. But you probably wanna know what I used to resemble?” I ask him in a slow breath. I could basically hear the fidgeting of his fingers in his pockets. I could feel each thump of his heart. A tingle runs down my back as he starts to sit up.

“Now you’ve got my interests, what are… were you? Did you have like five trillion arms or maybe a billion teeth? Did you have two heads or were you a floating eyeball?!” Karlos asks excitedly and I giggle lightly.

“Nah, I had the body of a squid, half of my legs were tentacles and the other half were like this.” I say as I pull up a section of my centipede half. I wiggle it and make it squirm slightly. I see Karlos’ face start to contort in disgust and for some reason I feel my heart hurt.

“That’s gross, ew! I think I’d prefer the floating eyeball. Haha heh.” Karlos turns his eyes back to my face and my eyes look away, I see as his smile disappears. He stands up and evaluates me. He reaches his hand under my chin and pulls it up to look him in the eyes. My eyes flick back to his. 

“Seph, why are you crying? Did I hurt you? I was joking, I didn’t care if you were a bug or a piece of fungi. You are the love of my short and mortal life… you mean more to me than anyone still alive in this universe.” Karlos says as I feel tears roll down my cheeks.

“I know, I just… I just still haven’t gotten used to this feeling. I knew you were joking but my heart still hurt, it made me ashamed of myself. Karlos, I may have had trillions of worshippers. But your opinion is the only one that truly matters to me.” I say to him in a sobbing voice as I gasp for air a little. I rub my eyes and wipe my wrists on my cheeks.

“Oh my sweet sweet darling, you shouldn’t be ashamed of anything. You are actually perfect… you were there when I prayed, you were there when the world ended, you will probably be there when I’m gray and old. You are an actual god and I’m nothing more than a man… a mortal. I’m probably the luckiest man in the infinite universes that you gods oversee.” Karlos says as he pulls me into his arms and hugs me tightly. 

“I’ll tell you someday about how wrong that statement was, but for now. Can we just be lovers visiting Rome? I know with things the way they are, it’ll be hard to ignore. But I just want to be your girl, so could you just be my man?” I ask him as I hug him back.

“Sure baby, just promise me that you won’t cry again tonight?” Karlos asks me softly and I nod. He lowers his lips to mine and we kiss. 

I feel a shock fly through my brain as my eyes instinctively close shut. I savor the sweet taste of his lips. My heart rate slows down to match his. My body heat spikes as my mind starts to finally turn more human. My body slowly transforms into the human one, reserved breasts and moderate hips, long brown hair. My eyes turn to a dark blue. I’m only about 165 cm but I still manage to kiss him back.

We both open our eyes as Karlos gasps. He looks me up and down and I start to wonder what is wrong. I look down and see a violet light emitting from beneath my clothes. I look up at him with a grand smile and I grab his hand. I lead him to the window as we climb onto roof tops. I take him to the ledge and sit down, he takes a seat next to me. I lean my head onto his shoulder as we look out at the city night.

“Hey, do you wanna hear about my first few girlfriends? You did tell me what you actually looked like so I guess I should tell you about the first few girls I had in my life?” He asks me as hand starts to wrap around me. I feel his warmth and it makes me feel safe.

“Mhm, what were those hos like? Well specifically, what was the worst one like? She must have been a nightmare. You have a sadness tainting your soul that makes me mad. It’s written in your blood and your eyes.” I say as I look out at the sky.

“Yeah, Chloe was pretty messed up, she’s the one who gave me these scars.” Karlos says as he takes his shirt off. He shows me the bite marks left on his torso. There’s gotta be at least 10 of them and I start to reach out to them. Karlos grips my hand and says “yeah, don’t touch me there.” 

“Oh, sorry. Didn’t know that it was that personal. God like me don’t get scars so I can’t relate… I’m sorry.” I say to him as we watch the horizon. As I’m looking forward with my front two eyes, the eyes on my back notice the Lurinch. I watch her closely to make sure she doesn’t get any ideas.

“It was about the stupidest things, not wanting kids yet, not wanting to hang out constantly. The fact that I didn’t like smoking. Chloe would always hurt me if I ever disagreed with her.” Karlos continues, I feel a slight rage build up, not at him but at me cuz I could’ve have smited this “Chloe” bitch. A frown creeps across my face.

“Is that why you aren’t interested in sex? Or is it something deeper? What are you afraid of?” I ask him with a serious tone of voice. I pick my head up off his shoulder and grab his right hand. I squeeze it lightly as he turns to look me in the eyes.

“What is with you being such a horndog? Are all gods just slutty? You almost sound like a pubescent boy.” Karlos says as he gives me a questioning look. 

“It’s natural for the familia of biological gods. We are highly invested in the processes of… procreation, heh?” I say nervously as I make a hand gesture of my left pointer finger going into the hole my right thumb and right pointer finger made.

“Familia of biological gods? Wait does that mean that you have a family back in heaven?” Karlos asks me slowly.

“Nah, familia just refers to our domain. Like joryan is in the familia of time yet all she does is make sure that mortals age. Or like how kremil is the goddess of plastic, yet her familia is the synthetic one. For me, my familia is biology. I have a realm I oversee that correlates with biology.” I say to him.

“What about Yahweh? What does he oversee?” Karlos asks and I laugh.

“Yahweh is a goddess, not a god. And she is in a unique familia.” I say to him with a smile.

“But I thought god was a man… wait why have you only mentioned female goddesses and not any gods? Did the gods and goddesses have a war or something?!” Karlos asks shakily.

“Nah, gods are just highly uncommon. Most of us cosmics are female, biologically speaking of course.” I say to him as I scratch the back of my head and nervously laugh to break the silence.

“So you still haven’t told me what Yahweh’s creation was… what does she overlook?” Karlos asks me.

I point to him, my pointer finger lands onto his sternum. “You, she oversees you.” I say casually as Karlos has a confused look appear on his face.

“What do you mean? I’m just a normal man…” he starts to say but I cut him off.

“There’s nothing normal about men, Yahweh is the goddess of males. She created y’all, let me give you some context so that you finally comprehend what you are. I’d say 99.99% of all universes are mono gender. Just women, tons upon tons of females in comparison to the minute few males.” I say exasperatedly.

“I’m… rare?!” Karlos asks hesitantly. He looks at the sky and the stars. He then turns to me and asks “who’s the goddess of females then?”

“No one, females have kinda sorta always existed, we aren’t that special.” I say with a slight giggle.

“How many universes do you know that have men in them?” Karlos asks me with curiosity all over his face.

“About 4.” I say casually as his face contorts.

“I thought you said you know of like 5 billion universes?” He asks. I nod and smile lightly.

“I didn’t want to tell you because this sort of thing is really hard for mortals to digest. But yeah, of the 5 billion universes I know of, only 4 of them have males.” I tell him.

“Only 4…” I hear Karlos whisper under his breath as his eyes widen.

“I hope this helps to explain some things, specifically. Yahweh created males in the same way a mad scientist can create cancer on lab rats. You aren’t natural to the cosmos, in fact a lot of goddesses hate Yahweh for what she did.” I say to him as I stand up.

He stands up too and asks “is it bad that we aren’t a natural part of the cosmos?” 

“Oh honey, no. If anything, your existence is a testimony against the primordials. Those are the gods that are in charge of all the other gods. They are evil and cruel and mean. But there’s enough of us goddesses who support the bi gender worlds. I can tell you for a fact, everyone from the biology familia actually adores having much more to the rules of biology.” I say to him as we climb into the attic and Karlos stops me. He has an extremely serious face on him.

“Seph, are you the goddesses of sexual reproduction?” Karlos asks me…

0