Chapter 2: The taiming procedere
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It talk? That's the first he could think in his weried situation, but a talking dragon? Lake have in his room a shelf with a lot of books that have storys or are just dragonthemed, but he never heared anything abouth talking dragons. Lake calm down he is sure that the dragon mean no harm when it... He look at the dragon again.

Lake is sure when HE worry abouth his bones then he is not any aggresive creature. Or maybe he is worry that broken bones could decrese the quality of Lakes meat. Lake start to panic a bit. What can he do? What would the dragon do? Then something shoot in his mind. If Lake could taim the dragon then his dreams would come true. That dragon is the key for Lakes dreams and he still have to grab or taim that key. He feel happy and scary at the same time. Lake look at the dragon that block all the sunnlight and let Lake hanging completly in his own shadow.

"I-I'm still in one pice. I hope I stay in that condition." The dragon giggle softly. "I don't blame you for running away. I can smell your fear." A dragon that also smell emotions. Lake feel very uncomfortable and this is not just because he is hanging defenseless with the head down. "Well, actually it is the scent of your swett." "Uh? Can you please help me out of that trap? If-If it's possible of course" With a small handmove or pawmove, the dragon cut the rope near at Lake's feets. The crawl cut the strong rope like it is nothing.

"Thanks". The dragon help Lake to pick up his stuff and hand it over to him. "You can't blame yourself. It's just the person placing the trap." Lake is really ashamed that he made it so far that he run in his own trap. Achivment unlocked! "I mean I can't object on that." "You are just unlucky." Oh really? Lake can only help himself with a loud frown. "There are million trees in that forest and you did pick the one I was resting." Lake need to get some informations out of him. He often think twice before saying something. But now it is not enough to think twice. He have to choose whisely his words. "I am sorry abouth the tree. I didn't know that the forest is your territorry." The dragon shake his head. "It isn't. I am here since yesterday, staying as long as I want." Lake look around. He still have to chop a tree.

Lake get some orientation. The dragon know what Lake wanna do. "I guess it's this way." He point with his white claw to a direction. Lake grin nicely, but he imagine that he look stupit at the moment. He just know it. The dragon follow every step on all fours. Can this dragon walk on both ways? There is a silence between them. There is a little tension like it was in the morning. It can't be that the whole world is affectet by them.

They found the place and the horse is still here. It just act a little bit disturbed and is still in one pice. Lake feel relieved. The tree is damaged but still standing. Lake is looking for the axe. The grass is long and make it difficult. Lake guess that today it is Loose-your-tool-day, but what is lost can be found. "You looking for something?" Lake look up at the source of the voice. The dragon is holding a half of the axe in his hand. "I guess the axe was still in the tree and I fell on it." In the voice Lake notice a that he feel guilty. "Don't worry I get a new one." The dragon go to the tree. He bend the wood until a crack was filling the air and the tree is on the ground. Wow! Lake is impressed by the dragon's pysical power. "Thanks." The dragon do like it was nothing. Ofcourse it is nothing for a dragon. "I just did the half."

Lake tie the tree at the horse. This could be the last chanche for him for smalltalk. "I hope you still have a place to rest." "Don't worry abouth me. I am flexible abouth that. I also can stay at the lake." Is that dragon sleeping at the most unpossible places like cats? But it isn't important. He now know where he is staying. He is also sure that the dragon wouldn't be gone for ever. Lake sit down in the saddel looking at the dragon. "Say, who do I have to thank?" The dragon appreciate it. "The most people just call me the the "Dark Dragon"" Lake nood at the dragon... Oh, silly me! Lake nood at the Dark Dragon. "I'm Lake if you care." That were the last words they have for the day.

On the way back to Erik Lake think abouth the dragon. Insted of a deep beasty voice he is more like a boy abouth his own age with an soft accent that he never heard. They finish the project and before the sun go down he check the traps for prey. He have to think back when he went in his own trap. Sadly there is no prey for today, but that could happen. It isn't the end of the world.

The rest of the evening Lake spent with his dragonpedias. His floor is covered with open books. He read, check and compare. But no match found. It is like the Dark Dragon was never born. This can't be! He told to Lake that the people call him Dark Dragon. Who are those people? Maybe a unknown tribe? They sure would have some folklore if there is any. All the taiming guides are basicly useless. Lake hear  footsteps before the room. His mother peak in his room. "You're still up?" Lake think that a sacastic comment is in order. "Uhh, no I am just sleeping with open eyes on the floor on my books." She give a warm smile it also lure out a laugh on Lake. He often think that he is the only one laughing abouth his own jokes. Lake's Mom look at one dragon taim guide. "Taiming a dragon look so complicate. Wouldn't it be easier to just ask the dragon?" Lake shake his head. "I don't think a dragon would talk." Then a lightning shoot throw his entier body. That's it! Why didn't he think abouth it earlier. Lake's Mom leave the room. "Please don't stay up too early." Usualy Lake would frown, but insted he spit out " Love you!" Lake often told that phrase, but now it mean more than every time before. Not even 10 minutes later Lake is in his bed, but he can't sleep imedetly. He think abouth a strategy how he could tell the Dark Dragon his plan. At some point he falls asleep.

When Lake wake up he feel werid. Maybe because of his dream. He can remember a red sky and brown clouds. On the side there were shadows of trees and there was a lake with a big stone in the middle. Something was siting on top and wag it's thail on the surface of the wather. In the sky was a glowing ring. A thick cloud was spinning clockwhise in the sky and blue lightning hitting at the sea. But without a thunder. Lake don't give any more attention. He barely have normal dreams. On the way to the shelfe, he almost fall over the books that are still on the floor.

This time the breakfast isn't as unplesant as yesterday. "Lake?" He look at his father. "It would be nice if you bring us home some prey." Always Dad with his dutys. It is like his dad forbit dreams. "I do my best! I promise!" Maybe he made too high promises. A half of him want to go back in time and fix it, but it won't give him too manny troubles.

Later, Lake find him self fiddeling on the traps. He have to untie a mess. He hate untie that ball made of knots plus the fact that he have to come back empty. Again! He have built up a lot of steam that want to be relesed. Lake have to do something abouth it. He decide to go to the lake cooling off in the wather would be the best option. He didn't bath since a few days and he can clean him self too.

Lake go in the wather. It isn't cool as expected. It is actually comfortabe warm. He dive down completly. Back on the surface he shake his head. That is just great. Nothing more to say. Something touches his right feet. It often happen that he touch a fish, but that feel diffrent. What could that be? He look at his left and see a small red cloud. Blood? Look like a fish became prey. He hear something diving up to the surface and that something is the Dark Dragon. He remember what he told to him yesterday. A caudal fin is hanging out of his mouth. Look like he had a little snack. "Ohh, it's you." The dragon swallow his food. "Didn't expect you be in the sea too."

The Dark Dragon roll on his back spreading all his wings arms legs and his thail. He take a lot room in the lake enjoying the warm sun rays on his chest. His belly form an island that Lake could sit on, but he don't wanna step too close and disrespect the distance. Some little fish come and skimp on the skin. The Dark Dragon don't care. He look like he actually like it. Lake swimm often in the sea, but he never tried that. He get in the same position as the dragon. It don't take long and a fish get his attention. He twitch his leg. The dragon giggle, but Lake don't care. "I hope you don't mind staying here." The Dark Dragon keep staring staight up in the air to the cloudless sky "It's okay. The lake is tall enough for us two. Also I don't want to be responsible for you being stinky." Lake frown, but it's not because he took his comment a bit too personaly. "I'm not here to clean my self. I am just frustrated and need to calm down." "What's on your mind, if I may ask?" Lake is very surprised by the curiousity of the Dark Dragon. "I am just sick and tired of all that trapping shit. It doesn't make me happy." Lake never told anyone abouth that topic. Not even in his famirly. "Then do that what you like to do insted." Lake frown again he often heard abouth so called dragon-whisdoom, but that is just more than obvious. "It isn't as easy as you think." The dragon giggle softly. "I know, I know. But what is it that you wanna do from the bottom of your hearth?" Should he say it or not? Lake is unsure.

"You know, I always had the dream to become a dragonrider, but it's not possible without a dragon." The Dark Dragon peak over to Lake's direction. Was it really smart to tell him abouth it? "That so called dragonriders aren't as cool as they look like. The most of them do it just for the fame. They mostly don't do anything for the socierty." Lake think abouth it. He don't have mutch experience, but he is sure that the Dark Dragon may have a point. The dragon keep talking.

"Do you have a clue how manny of those so called "Heros" i have met?" Lake guess, but that is probably a rhetorical question. "Probably a ton of them." The dragon laugh. "Yea, if we add the amor and the other stuff too, then it sure is a ton. But what I want to say is that the most of them are realy naive and don't know what they do. They think stuff like " Ohhhhh! I just slayed a kraken, now I can slay a dragon." and then they come back if they are lucky." What is wrong with that? But the dragon isn't finish.

"They cone back in a few pices." If he wanted to build up on that joke then it is more scary than funny. "Are all heros really that unable?" "No." The Dark Dragon get in a serious tone. "I may sound like that, but I also met people that were heros. I mean heros and not " heros". Those do really deserve some respect. I also was in situations where problems were soloved with words." That this convensation could come so deep is a really nice surpeise.

Lake swimm to the riverbank. He is finish with his barth. "Lake?" He look back to the dragon. "Yor're fom here right?" Lake agree. "Do you know where the nearest graveyard is?" That's an unusual question that Lake didn't expect. What should he do on a unspecific graveyard? "On the edge of the forest is one. I can go with you there." The dragon swimm to Lake in a fast tempo. He crawl out of the river. Then the dragon shake his body like a wet dog. "Where are you clothe?" The Dark Dragon get on his two feets and he stand there like a nude human. But then out of nowhere green flames appear over his body. There is no heath that Lake could feel. Not even a second later the Dark Dragon is compleatly dressed in the same clothes as yesterday. Lake stare at him still not completly dressed. "Are you going like that?" Lake can't help himself in that werid situation. The only thing he can do is blushing. "Uhhh, Yes! I actually don't need them really. It is hot enough and I am too lazy to wash them." The Dark Dragon like his sacastic answer.

They walk to the graveyard. It's still some time left. "You told me before that you dream to be a dragonrider?" That could become interesting. "Yyyeess?" In the dragon's voise is a bit uncertainty hidden. "Could it be that you want me to be your dragon?" Lake gasp. Now it's everything or nothing. "Ya, know you were in the convensations before hornest with me. It would be unfair if I would do the opposite." Now Lake have his full attention. "But, back to your question. Yes, i really have that plan and I still don't give up." The Dark Dragon scratch on his green hair. It look like he really think abouth that option "Lake, I really apprechiate it. I really do. But you have to know that I am noone's property and noone's pet not even during sex." That very direct and dry answer is completly werid. He imagine him wearing a collar with a dog or in that case a dragon leash. Holding tight and he is so, so ho... "Look! We are there!" Phew, thank's god something threw him off of his "fantersy".

They go throw the gate to the graveyard. "What are we doing here, Dark Dragon?" The Dark Dragon look around like he want that noone is here. They are alone. Only the birds are singing on the weeping willow. "I am here to receive a message. Would you please look around if someone come then just sneeze." Without any questions they sepperate. Lake peak over to the Dark Dragon. He is sniffing near at the graves. What is he gona do? Please don't eat the death corpses. The dragon look like he found something. 

With his paw he punch three times on the floor on a grave. Then nothing happen. But not for long. A sound of something that come out of the earth is filling the air. Lake is completly shocked and his complete back is freezing ice cold. A rotten hand is lifting up and holding a scroll. The Dark Dragon take it. Then the hand disapear in the earth. Lake look away and act like he didn't see anything but can't hide his disturbet face. Hopefully his brain didn't get inspiered for a nightmare. "We can go now."

On the way out of the gate he open the scroll that is in a good new condition. A lot newer than the rotten hand. The Dark Dragon hold the pice of paper in front of his face. The golden letters also got Lake's attention. "Lieber Sohn, ich muss dich um deine Hilfe bitten." That's the only thing that Lake see. There is more on the scroll, but Lake only understand the letters, but not the language. Maybe it is the language of the dragons if they have one. The Dark Dragon look a bit worried. Lake should go home and remember what his dad told him.

"Shhhhit! I forgoth the pray. I am so doomed." The famirly table coud be very uncomfortable. "I can fix that. Just stay where you are. I come back after some time. Just don't move!" Lake agree but forgeth to ask what he is agreeing to. The Dark Dragon disapear in the woods. Then some time pass and some more. What is he doing? Want he let his Dad "disappear"? But then Lake hear something rattle. The dragon come back. With a deer in his mouth dropping it before Lake's feet.

His mouth and his paws are completly smeared with blood like a little child messing with ketchup. The dragon is proud of his catch. The situation feel like a cat that lay death animails before the door. But the deer is in a good condition. Good enough to extract the meat. "I guess you safed my life." "You're welcome."

They walk back. The Dark Dragon still look like a serial killer. Somehow his clothes are free of dirt and blood. "First you cleaned your self and then you are dirty again." The dragon laugh "Yes Lake, I know. It is nice to be clean but it is also nice to be dirty." A huge mountain of dirty clothes appear in Lake's imagination. "I often ask my self why we clean stuff when it get dirty anyway." Could it be that Lake still have to learn abouth the dragon's culture? Lake is abouth to walk back to his home but the Dark Dragon interupt him.

"Lake, abouth the thing with the dragonriderschool. Isn't that the one at the Rusty Mountains?" Lake think for a moment. Then he remember. "Sure why do you ask?" The dragon grab in his coath and take the scrole. He look at it thoughtfull. "Well, I got informed that my service is needed there and I thought abouth it since I got that message." Does that really mean what it sound like? Or could it be that this is just a dream? No it was a dream. Now it is real. "I mean if you're still..." "YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES!" It sound like a barking dog, but Lake's message is more than clear and also funny for the dragon. Because he react to that answer with laughing. "Okay, Okay! I heared you the first time alreddy. Just tell me when we go."

If it would be possible then Lake would go imedietly. "Not no fast. I have to write a letter to the academy and i should tell my parents abouth you." Lake have a werid feeling in his stomache. He thought what and how it would be bether to tell them softly. "If you wanna talk to me then just go in the forest. I find you." Now it is clear. Lake is so close to his dream. But there is one thing that Lake wanna know. "There is one thing I always wonderd." "And that is?" "Are you really just the Dark Dragon or do you also have a name like me?" The Dark Dragon is looking in Lake's eyes. " Oh, yes I actually do have one. It's Noah." "Okay. I really should go homenow. Bye Noah."

With that words spoken, Lake go back home. Noah. Actually he expected a name like Codem, Rumbo, Xughycran or Ulbyg. But Noah? It sound like the name of his little brother if he would have one. But bether not question that. Just stop questioning everything.

0