Rae
10 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I sat quietly under a tree, watching the sunrise and drawing it.

is that a shooting star? wait.... is it coming towards me?

I stood up then realized that I had to get the fuck out of there.

I started to run then the ground blew up from under me.

shit! I really had to choose today to sit outside didn't I?

I hit the ground with a thud I groaned at the sudden pain, but I wasn't actually (and luckily) hurt bad, but it still hurt.

I turned and found a giant crater, dust flying everywhere. it wasn't any bigger than 12 feet.

I pushed myself up and looked down into the pit.

I saw something purple and yellow through the dust I blink a few times wondering if I was imagining it.

I waited for the dust to clear before sliding down the side of the hole.

a purple thing was sticking out of a pile of dirt I brush off the dirt and see it's in the shape of a wing, I uncover more of it, trying to see what I found.

a back comes into view and I keep digging I pull out a head of a girl I pause in shock.

is she alright?!?!

I pulled out her whole body, and was confused to find the wings weren't fake and didn't come off

What is she? why did she fall from the sky?

the girl was covered in scratches all over and it looked like her leg was broken she looked light enough to carry if I got the wings out of the way.

I ended up half dragging and half carrying the girl to my house, which wasn't too far away.

Mom opened the door almost instantly I took great care into hiding the girl's wings so she didn't freak out.

"where have you been Rae!" she yelped "why are you covered in scratches? wait who is that girl?"

"a comet fell, she was on the field when it happened" I said

"a comet fell? and your acting like it's a normal experience? how did I not notice? come on, you're skipping school today"

I dropped the girl on the coach and went to get a box of band-aids

mother instantly opened her closet full of healing supplies, she was a herbal healer and had a medical degree.

she usually works at a doctors office two days a week, the other three she studied some weird herbal magic that kinda worked which was creepy but it helped me bounce back from broken legs so I'm not complaining.

I patched up a few of the cuts I got and started to do the same to the girl, Mom took a look at her legs and checked her pulse.

"she's alive Mom obviously I wouldn't drag a girl all the way here for nothing" I say

"better to be sure, can you get those numbing leaves?"

I walk to the closet and grab a handful of some leaves I grab a few mint leaves too and pop them in my mouth.

the girl was awake when I came back I kept a careful eye on her back to make sure her wings were safely hidden

"is she alright?" I ask the girl tilts her head

"I don't think she speaks English" Mom says "do you understand us?"

"little" the girl says "who?"

"I'm Rae that's my Mom Fara" I say

"Rae, Fara" the girl says "where?"

"we're in our house not to far from the field" I say giving her a stare and glancing at my Mom.

"oh, yes" she says nodding "I Sloane"

"do you want to come up to my room and put on a new shirt?" I ask slowly so she can understand

"yes thanks" she says I help her into my room which is connected to the living room.

Sloane sits down on my bed and wriggles her wings out.

"what are you?" I ask in a low voice

"what is you?" she asks

"I'm a human" I say "why did you fall from the sky? couldn't you just fly?"

"I wings tied no fly" she said

"listen if Fara asks what language you speak it's Spanish" I say "she doesn't understand it"

"speak Latin" Sloane says

"I said Spanish but Latin will work" I say "I do take Latin class so..."

"no, I speak" Sloane says

"you can understand this then?" I say in Latin (when they speak in Latin it will be in Italic)

"yes of course" Sloane says it really sounds like 'ita vero' but I know what she means.

"okay you have to hide your wings in front of Mom, Fara so she doesn't totally freak" I say

"why didn't you tell her?" Sloane asked 

"because people don't have wings and you do" I didn't know 'normal' in Latin so I skipped the word

"oh humans don't have alis?" she said 'alis' which I assumed was 'wings'

"Yes, why were you falling?" I asked "and who tied your wings?"

I walked over to my closet, grabbed an indigo sweater and threw it to Sloane, then threw her some black stretchy pants and a light yellow tank top that should fit her wings.

"What's taking so long?" Mom called

"I'll go outside while you change" I say "make sure your wings are at least covered by the sweater"

"thanks" Sloane says as I leave

"I heard you speaking Latin" Mom says

"oh turns out she speaks Latin" I say "it's kinda lucky she does"

"I think though her right leg isn't sprained she'll have to wear a brace" Mom said

"oh okay that isn't bad at all" I say surprised

she must have landed on her back if so that was lucky for her.

what am I thinking keeping a secret from her?

Why can't I just tell her that Sloane has wings?

What even happened to Sloane, why was she falling with her wings tied?

Will she even tell me?

1