Chapter 3: Mana and Roses
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I FINALLY FUCKING GOT IT!!”

Royce yells in excitement

Now I should be able to use all my skills, right?

“I’ll test them out later, First I need to go see Lady Tori for the training.”

Royce gets out of his room and walks to the training grounds while thinking to himself

“Now that my mana is regenerating on its own, I should be able to use my skills. Let me check Insight.”

He looks at a Butler passing by

“Insight.”

The butler looks at Royce

“May I help you with something young master?”

Royce replies

“Uh… Can you tell me how to get to the training grounds?”

The Butler replies

“Yes master, Please take the first right and the training grounds should be right there.”

Royce smiles and replies

“Thank you sir”

“I really need to stop making things awkward for myself.”

He continues on his way to the ground

“Why in the fuck does it not work now?!”

“Anyway I’m almost there.. Let’s see how this goes.”

Royce walks into the ground and sees Tori preparing something near the target practice area. She turns around to see him standing there and calls him, Royce quickly gets to her and sees a light blue orb with a faint glow.

Tori hands it to him

“This thing that you’re holding is called a mana core”

Royce looks at it under the sunlight the glow exaggerating his light blue eyes

“So this is what powers a monster huh?”

Tori smiles

“So you already know a little bit about mana?”

Royce replies

“Yea I read about it this morning, I know a little bit about mana… I think..”

Tori’s eyes light up

“You can read?!”

Royce proudly replies

“Yes I learned to read from the books my mum read to me It took me like 11-12 months to learn everything but I finally got it”

Tori excitedly takes Royce to a bench next to the shooting range 

“Now, do you have Language Comprehension skill as well?.”

Royce replies in a confused tone

“Yes..? But how do you know?”

Tori laughs

“Well you see some skills have 2 abilities one passive and one active, That skill of yours is one of them. Language comprehension helps you learn languages faster in its passive state and in the active state it consumes mana and helps you understand unknown languages.”

Royce thinks to himself

“So that’s why that shit stopped working after only one day, Somebody could’ve told me that! What the fuck?”

Tori continues and asks Royce

“Still it’s very impressive that you managed to learn how to read and talk within a year.”

“Anyway, now tell me what you’ve read about mana”

Royce sits next to Tori and starts telling her everything he remembers 

“Uhh.. So all I remember is that monsters use mana cores to power their bodies and we take the mana in the air to use for ourselves, Extracting it from the air requires you to control your breathing and focus on each magicule at once.”

Tori has an impressed look on her face

“You got the basics down, But for you to be better at extracting you need to work on your mana control”

Royce interrupts he

“Uhh.. Lady Tori… I already did it and it activated my Harmony skill, so now my mana regenerates on its own, I can still stop it if you want”

Tori is astonished after hearing this

“YOU DID WHAT?!”

“OPEN YOUR STATUS TAB RIGHT NOW”

Royce awkwardly looks at Tori

“I… don't know how to do that…”

Tori sighs

“Oh, Yes Of Course, I almost forgot you’re still a toddler.”

“To open your status tab or status screen all you need to do is to channel your mana throughout your body and then imagine a translucent vail and then just think of which one you want to open.”

“But for that first you need to learn how to channel mana.Unless if it’s a notification they pop up regardless.”

Tori flips her hair to the side and looks at Royce

“I think I’ll finally retire and take you in as my disciple.”

Royce face lights up with joy

“REALLY!? THANK YOU MASTER TORI!! I WILL DO MY BEST AND MAKE YOU PROUD!”

Tori smiles and gets back up

“So now as your master I have decided to start your training. Right here and right now.”

Royce smiles

“Just be too harsh I’m still only a child you know”

Tori laughs

“Don’t worry most kids start to learn mana control at young ages, so that their body are not always just depleted of mana from any skills they have active at the time of birth”

Royce asks

“But doesn’t being depleted of mana cause any exhaustion or side effects?”

Tori replies

“It usually doesn’t have any effects but in rare cases depleted mana can cause slight dizziness or a loss of sense of smell”

Royce gives her an understanding nod and Tori continues

“Now shall we start your training?”

Royce nods and stands up

“Yes master! I’m ready”

Tori appreciates the enthusiasm and replies

“Alright alright for starters deactivate Harmony, you should learn how to absorb mana first without the assistance of that skill and believe me it will make it way easier for you to learn the control and flow of mana”

Royce focuses on his breathing and controls the absorption of magicules, deactivating harmony after this he replies to Tori

“Done master, now what should I do?”

Tori smiles

“Practice mana absorption. When I say one, you will start absorbing as much mana as you can and then when I say two, you will stop and at three you will begin to channel the collected mana throughout your body.”

“Each step will help you develop your mana flow and control”

“While your skill does most of these things for you, practicing this manually will help you increase your skill level and help you fine tune every aspect.”

“Step one is for absorption”

“Step two will help you with control and increase your familiarity with how your body reacts to the flow of mana”

“And the last step. This will make your lungs and vessels stronger, helping you absorb and distribute the collected mana effectively and efficiently.”

Royce nods understandingly

“Alright so all I need to do is…”

Royce looks around

“Do I just.. Do that while standing?”

Tori laughs

“If you are feeling confident go ahead! A high mage would be able to do this even while running, but let’s just start slow for now.”

“Take a seat here if you want or you could just start standing”

Royce refuses the offer and closes his eyes and waits for Tori’s signals

“Now first start by focusing on the mana around you”

“Focus… Now one”

Royce takes a deep breath trying to absorb as much magicules as he can

Tori continues

“Harder than it sounds huh? You can exhale and continue to absorb more, just remember not to stop until I say so.”

“Now two… You should be able to see magicules still trying to enter your body. While it is very rare for one to enter your body you should still isolate your lungs and just like before when you were choosing each magicules individually to collect, now you choose the ones trying to enter and stop them.”

Royce follows the instructions with utmost sincerity and Tori continues

“Three… Now feel the flow of mana throughout your body slowly increasing the amount you pour into your body”

“The more you practice this the more mana your body can handle before feeling nauseous”

“I also heard from Lord Beth that you have been blessed by Goddess Vita?”

“Her blessing gives you limitless mana potentia. It’s pretty rare for someone to be blessed by her.”

Royce opens one eye and looks at Tori

“Is that the only thing B- Father told you about my blessing?”

Tori laughs

“Well it’s the only thing he told me, but everyone could hear what the priest said at the banquet”

Royce opens his second eye

“Are you a noble too? I heard that only kings and dukes or their representatives were at the banquet”

Tori corrects Royce

“And the members of Ascendants

Royce asks

“What’s that?”

Tori looks at the sky and replies

“It was a party of four adventurers leaded by your father”

Royce asks with a surprised look on his face

“FATHER USED TO BE AN ADVENTURER!?” 

Tori giggles

“Of course he didn’t tell you that”

“Well if he didn’t who am I to say anything”

“Now let’s get back to your training”

Royce sighs and They continue the training till afternoon, after which Tori ends the training session 

“Shall we take some rest?”

Royce takes a deep breath and stands up

“Yes please.”

Tori laughs

“Tired already? Here take this, It should help”

Tori passes a veil filled with a red liquid and Royce asks

“Potion to get me back to speed?”

Tori smiles

“So you know about potions too?”

Royce drinks from the veil and replies

“I know a little bit”

Tori replies with a surprised look

“How do you already know this much?”

Royce shrugs making Tori sigh but she continues

“Let us get to the library and get started with more theoretical stuff”

Royce gets up and follows Tori to the library on the way She explains some things about potions here and there

“The red drink I gave you earlier was what we call potions, these potions are very helpful in various situations, some common potions include the one I gave you earlier called Mana potion which comes under regenerative or regen potions, There are other potions as well but we’ll be focusing only on regen for now.”

As they approach the library Royce tries to keep up with all the things Tori is saying while thinking about ways to use it in an actual situation

They both approach the royal library and Tori opens the door to see Rose sitting there

Rose gracefully gets up and greets Tori

“It is a pleasure to see you again Miss Silverrose”

Royce peeks from behind Tori

“SIS! When did you get back home from school”

Rose replies with a big smile

“Quite a while ago It was just another practical day and of course I destroyed everyone”

“Anyway, how are you, Miss Tori? It has been a while since you were here”

Tori takes a seat next to Rose and Royce

“I am very good dear Rose. and yes it has been quite a while”

“But don’t you worry you’ll get to see a lot more of me starting today”

Rose’s eyes lights up

“You’ll come and visit us daily!! Yayyy!!”

Tori laughs

“Yes, I will be teaching your little brother mana control and training him”

Rose looks at Royce 

“You’re so lucky! Did you know Miss Silverrose is one of the 8 S rank adventurer and one of the most accomplished mage”

Royce gets left speechless and looks at Tori

“One day my child act is gonna blow up by how impressive things Tori lady is”

Tori replies

“Now now today is for learning about me, it's about mana so let’s get back to it shall we Royce?”

Rose stands up

“Then I shall get going”

As Rose leaves the library Tori starts

“Now while I teach you about this you have to keep collecting and circulating your mana”

Royce nods and starts absorbing and circulating mana Tori begins the lesson

“Now the potions I told you about earlier are made with monster cores. The amount of potion is determined by the cores strength, Which is determined by the monster strength sometimes monsters grow to such immense strength their cores evolve into reactors But it is very rare to see such a monster since the evolution of a core requires the monster to be in a very low power and high aggression state which inturn leads to its death by either monster or people.”

Tori continues teaching royce about how potions and cores are used in day to day life 

As evening approaches Tori wraps up her lesson just in time for Royce’s Harmony to level up

 

Congratulations!

-Harmony- has leveled up!

-Harmony- is now Level 2

Mana circulation happens on its own.

 

Royce stops Tori to tell her this

“MISS TORI! HARMONY JUST LEVELED UP!!”

Tori is impressed by how quickly Royce leveled up

“Now take a look at the status screen that just appeared right in front of you”

“You see the frosted glass like appearance and how the letters are written down?”

“Now keeping this in mind remove the notification and close your eyes”

“Now put your arm in front and focus your mana in the palm of your hand”

“Release this mana slowly and think about the frosted glass screen and you should be able to open your status tab”

Royce follows Tori’s instructions and after a little ding a screen appears in front of him

“Woah!”

Tori looks at Royce and smiles

“Did you do it?”

Royce nods and asks

“Can you now see it? It’s right there”

Tori explains

“No you must specify who can and can not see the screen its handy in case you don’t want everyone to peek at your stats without you knowing” 

Royce looks at his stats

Name: Royce Eldermor

Age: 14 months

Sex: Male

Race: Human

 

Level: 1

             -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

STATS

<                                                                                                                                                                                                                          >

Health Points - 52/52

Mana Points - 560/600

Strength - 8

Stamina - 50

Intelligence - 92

Agility - 14

 

“Why are they all so low?”

Tori replies

“Well you are still a child, But if you train daily and do as I say you sure will reach the top in no time”

“Now if you look at the edges you should see a button, If you press the right one you’ll be able to see your skills”

Royce looks at the left and sees another one

“Miss Tori there is another one on the left”

Tori replies

“Oh yes I forgot, That button only appears if you have a blessing if you press that you should be able to see all your blessings and their effects”

Royce closes the screen and thinks to himself

“Hmm.. If I specify someone else's status will that show their screens?”

Royce once again opens the screen but this time specifies to see Tori’s screen

Another screen appears in front of Royce

Insight Activated

 

Name: Tori Silverrose

Age: 96 Years

Sex: Female

Race: Elf

 

Level: 388

             ----------------------

 

STATS

<                                                                                                                                                                                                                          >

Health Points - 1500/1500

Mana Points - 60000/60000

Strength - 158

Stamina - 455

Intelligence - 401

Agility - 600

“Holy fuck! Level 388?! 60 fucking thousand mp!? And she also has a blessing?!”

As he was about to take a peek at the rest of Tori’s status screen she asks

“Done looking at your status screen?”

Royce quickly closes Tori’s status screen

“Uh.. Yea… I was just looking at my… Umm.. Blessings… Yea…”

Tori stands up

“Anyway, Hope you had fun training and learning today. Tomorrow shall we meet again at the same time?”

Royce replies

“Yes please, I will make sure to train hard and make sure to surpass you someday”

Tori laughs a little

“I like your enthusiasm but you should go and take some rest”

After the lesson is over Tori and Royce both leave the library

And after dinner Royce gets to his room and lays down in his bed

“I’m so exhausted… Fuck… but I still want to try something”

“If all you have to do is imagine then all I have to do is…”

Royce turns on Harmony and focuses his mana in his palm again imagining an inventory like screen

After that he hears a ding like before

“Did that work?”

Royce slowly opens his eyes

“HOLY FUCK!! LET’S FUCKING GO!”

Royce looks at the first box in his inventory

“This should be it…”

“The Divine Chronobrace”

Royce taps on the chronobrace and a little menu pops up

> Equip (can not be removed once equipped)

Remove from Inventory

“Can not be removed huh?”

“I don’t think I’ll ever need to remove this anyway..”

Royce taps on the Equip button and The Divine Chronobrace wraps itself around his left wrist

“Let’s get to the fun part shall we?”

 

Hello readers, I'll be posting chapters on a weekly or bi-weekly basis since my university classes have resumed. New chapters will come out every Wednesday and Sunday.

Happy reading!

1