Chapter 1: Flowers of a Pale Moon
57 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Of note, for the rest of this story I will be referring to Asuka as a girl after the first few pieces of this chapter, as that is how she sees herself and how society sees her, including her loving family. This chapter has minor warnings of the following

  • Physical Violence
  • Blood
  • Minor Nudity

 

15 years had passed without much incident, as Asuka had grown up and had two loving sisters, a father and even someone to look to for advice during his young life so far, life was fairly good for him as he had not much to worry about. Unlike most children however, Asuka was somewhat different then most as he had a lot of feminine features in him, this included his hair which grew like no tomorrow, he often styling it in a ponytail with the help of either Hikari or Akari.

For some reason he didn't possess any of the physical characteristics of a traditional Japanese boy, in fact he most often looked like a maturing woman, down to his figure which was slender and, having no facial hair or anything to speak of as well, thus he was seen in the eyes of his siblings as a sister more so then a brother. Hikari politely knocking on his door one morning to awaken him now as she always took responsibility for reminding everyone to get their butts up out of bed and stop being lazy, this included her twin sister Akari whom was a lazy girl sometimes.

"Asuka, time to get up, you're going to be late for school" She tenderly reminded him as he would immediately jump out of bed, looking at his sister now who stood there arms crossed, wearing her school uniform now as this was hers and Akari's last year of high schooling.

"Thanks Sis" Asuka simply replied as he would get out of bed now, dressing into his uniform as well but unlike other boys he wore the girls variant of the uniform since he felt more comfortable in it, since he was often mistaken for a female in society's eyes. Fixing his uniform accordingly he would emerge from his room and be suddenly surprised by Akari now who hugged him from behind.

"And how's my little sister doing this morning, hmm?" She politely asked, giggling now and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, giving him another warm hug.

"Fine sis, though I'm gonna be late for school at this rate" Asuka replied as he would return the hug quickly, turning around and rushing out the door of their home now, their father tending to breakfast for the two sisters as he sighed.

"I'm glad you two are helping take good care of Asuka, I truly am, but I am worried for her" Haruto simply stated to them as he would serve breakfast for the two, shaking his head as he had come to accept Asuka as she truly is recently. Both Akari and Hikari gave him a quick kiss on the cheek to say goodbye for the day and waved politely, running on ahead to catch up with their baby sister now.

"Asuka, good morning" Her best friend, Melody would call out as she waved happily from the corner now as she stood there in her school uniform now, holding her bag in her hands and having a cute smile on her face, Melody being Asuka's neighbor from down the street with long black hair, blue eyes and she was well developed for her age, both physically and mentally.

"Oh good morning Melody!" Asuka called out as she ran over to her best friend now, smiling and walking along side her to school holding her own book bag in hand.

"Did you remember to do your homework today, silly?" Melody simply mentioned in their little conversation as she sternly looked to Asuka and would see Asuka rubbing her head and sighing.

"Yeah, it was really tough though, the teacher really wants us to learn about applied physics and such, it ended up giving me quite a headache after" Asuka replied as she would tap the back of her shoe with her other shoe now, showing she was quite nervous and when she was nervous she often would start stammering her words as Melody giggled now playfully and gave Asuka a simple pat on the back.

"I get you, I do, that was tough for homework but somehow we survived it, oh did you hear the new Mikazuki Temple has been fully restored after that strange incident that took place a few months back" Melody reminded them as the two walked past the school gates now, a few minutes before the bell rang, Asuka had a happy smile on her lips as she was with her best friend in the entire world, which made her happier then could be.

"Yeah, I heard the temple had been the site of a strange set of incidents as of late, weird huh Mel?" Asuka stated as he often referred to Melody by her nickname Mel in casual conversations, walking into their class now as they both had the same classes together and were seated right next to each other, so they were as close as can be.

As the bell rang, the students filed into their classrooms respectively and the teacher arrived a few moments afterwards, writing the assignments of the day on the chalk board, giving instructions on how to complete these assignments as each student, Melody and Asuka included wrote down everything the teacher often said in their notebooks, the day proceeding on like normal as lunch time rolled around in school, both Melody and Asuka sitting with Asuka's siblings, as they often felt safe around them.

"Well, look at you two, so tight knit and happy together, I'm so proud of you little sis" Hikari stated as she giggled and would give both Melody and Asuka light hugs, offering to share her lunch with them now, as the four of them were a very tight knit group of friends in school. As the four began talking amongst themselves now, a few of the local thug guys would approach, standing there very imposing and often bullying the younger students now for their lunch money/lunch.

"If it isn't the freak and the girly, as well as the two hot heads you call sisters" One thug would state now as he cracked his knuckles, Asuka simply ignoring them now as she ate her lunch quietly, as did the other girls. But suddenly one of the thugs kicked Asuka in the stomach now, as she winced in pain from the kick, Melody tending to her best friend now as suddenly Asuka stood up a few moments later, recovered from the kick with something burning in her eyes, a uncontrollable rage which blinded her.

Nailing one of the thugs with a solid punch to the gut now, she cracked her knuckles and would look to the other thug friends of his, seeing them all crowd around the now fallen thug on the ground. Asuka growling suddenly as she had awakened her heritage like her mother before her, unknown to her. She would be quickly stopped by Hikari and Akari now, holding her back now as the two realized something was clearly wrong here.

"Sis, that's enough please" The two sisters spoke at the same time, as Asuka snapped out of her rage induced trance hearing the calming and very loving voices of her siblings which comforted her, the thugs running off now in fear.

"W-what am I?" Asuka asked before running off crying now, Melody trying to follow her as she would be worried about her best friend, Melody finding her near the cherry blossom trees on school grounds, sitting under them, with her head buried in her legs.

"Asuka.." Melody quietly spoke as she knelt down, gently touching a hand on her best friend's shoulder now, lifting her head up and wiping away the tears flowing from her eyes with the back of her hand gently. Sitting next to Asuka now, Melody would quietly lean her head against Asuka's, her hand slipping into her best friend's as she would be there for her always.

"Mel, I-I.." Asuka would stammer now as she would be afraid of herself, looking at her hands now thinking she was some kind of monster, Melody simply hugged her now, letting Asuka rest her head on her shoulder as she stroked her best friend's hair softly, comforting her in the best way she knew how as she would place a finger to her friend's lips.

"Shhh, I don't think you are what you think you are, you're just Asuka, my best friend in the whole world and the person who fills my heart with the greatest joy" She reminded Asuka now as she would hear the bell, signaling it was time for afternoon classes for the two of them, helping Asuka up now as she smiled to her best friend. "Now let's see the rest of the day through together, okay?" Melody asked her as she had a very soft, caring smile for her best friend, taking Asuka's hand into hers now and walking hand in hand to class for the remainder of the day.

Heading home now after the final bell, Asuka would be eager to go home now with Melody, as the two often hung out together at Asuka's Place. Often studying and Melody often got to know Asuka's dad now, since they were kids of which her dad accepted and understood his daughter had a true friend to look to which was wonderful. Returning home now, Asuka would take off her shoes and hang up her bag accordingly.

"Father, I'm home!" She happily announced as Haruto would walk into the hallway in his usual business suit now, seeing the two of them together once again as he chuckled to himself.

"Welcome home, Asuka, also nice to see you again Melody" He heartly stated as he would be very happy for Asuka now, as he quickly excused himself due to work concerns, walking out the door with his briefcase as the two went up to Asuka's room now to study like usual.

"Your dad's real busy these days, what does he do again?" Mel asked politely as she would end up taking the cup of tea that Asuka had brought for her, sipping it slowly while working away on their home work assignment.

"He's the head of this big electronics firm these days, they are focusing their efforts on providing new electronics to the country and revolutionizing the way we live in society" Asuka answered as she sat down and did her home work now, peeking playfully at Melody's answers as she pulled her notebook away.

"Hey!, get your own answers silly" Melody stated as she would laugh now, as the two would be working away for the rest of the afternoon on their homework now, it getting dark outside as a pale moon had risen tonight and the flower beds outside of their home were bathing in it's glow, viewable from Asuka's room as she stretched now and noticed it got dark real quick as did Melody.

"Hey Mel?" Asuka asked as she stood up and would view the beautiful flower bed that was shining in the pale moonlight outside, thinking about something on her mind.

"Yes Asuka, what's up?" Mel responded as she would see this as well, standing next to Asuka, awe inspired that her best friend has a amazing view of such a beautiful garden of flowers now, her arm gently wrapping around her best friend's waistline now, holding her close.

"Do you ever get these warm feelings in your heart, like your heart starts racing when you are around me?" Asuka asked as she looked over and saw Melody's arm around her waist now, sliding her arm around Melody's waistline now as she would lean her head softly onto Melody's for comfort, just enjoying the view.

"Yes, I do, do you Asuka?" Melody responded as she ended up touching her own lips with her fingers, realizing she had a huge crush on her best friend as she gazed longingly at Asuka, who returned the gaze now staring into her best friend's eyes as Asuka nodded quietly in return, her lips gently touching Melody's now as she felt like this was right, her soft lips gently touching Melody's as she kissed her best friend who ended up returning the affection, Melody kissing Asuka just as lovingly now on the lips, hand in hand as the two were at the door to the balcony now.

Savoring this moment, Asuka and Melody would close their eyes and enjoy all of the emotions that went into this kiss, both pulling away after a few more seconds together like this, catching their breath respectively.

"M-my first kiss.." The two said in unison as the two both stepped back a few steps from one another, Melody gently touching her lips with her fingers, as Asuka would be a light pink in the cheeks now, standing there in front of Melody, her best friend in the whole world and the one she gave her first kiss to, a very special moment that she would never forget as long as she lived.

"I-I should go, my..um father is waiting for me at home" Melody mentioned as she would stammer politely and give her best friend a quick hug now, hiding the fact she had a cute pink blush on her cheeks as well, Asuka walking her downstairs as Hikari and Akari were home and cooking dinner now for everyone.

"Hikari, Akari I'll be walking Melody home, so I'll be back shortly!" Asuka called out as Hikari would have a playful smirk on her lips, knowing her little sister had a huge crush on Melody and would simply call out "Okay, but be back soon, dinner's gonna be ready shortly"

Asuka walking hand in hand with her best friend, she would smile as she was very happy, escorting Melody home now, she'd giggle and quickly hug her best friend.

"See you tomorrow, Mel, have a good night" As Mel went inside, waving to her best friend and saw Mel's dad waving too, thanking her for walking his daughter home now, as she would be on her way home now, hearing a loud howling noise nearby. Picking up the pace of her walking, she would hear the growling getting louder behind her as when she turned around, she would see a teenage boy with cold yellow eyes, sharp fangs and serrated teeth adorning his mouth, as he also had razor sharp claws on his hands too, being something inhuman as Asuka would stand her ground now, not afraid of this thing as her animalistic urges took over.

Growling now and feeling different then the beast in front of her, she would remind herself of her family to help her maintain control now as she growled, showing the same razor sharp claws on her hands, taking off her jacket and rushing into battle with them, she'd have no experience with this sort of thing as the two battled it out for a good minute or two, exchanging claw swipes and the like until Asuka nailed the demon male with her claws, it letting out a howl of pain and blood spilled from it's wounds as it quickly retreated realizing Asuka was a threat to him, acting in self preservation now.

Returning to normal shortly after, Asuka looked at her hands, realizing she was clearly not something quite human but not quite whatever her other side is either, as she put on her jacket again and rushed home accordingly. Returning home shortly after, she would hang her coat up as Hikari would be concerned now, walking over to her younger sister and holding her in her arms.

"Sis, I heard the howling noise from down the street, are you okay?" Holding her younger sibling now, she would look down at Asuka whom had this somber look into her eyes now.

"I-i'm okay, sis, but I don't think I am going to be joining everyone for dinner tonight, sorry.." Asuka hugged her sister now and took off her shoes, heading upstairs to her room, closing the door behind her as she simply looked at her hands which had fully returned to normal the moment she finished the battle with that beast, taking off her uniform now, she would go into her closet, only in her bra and panties and get her favorite pink kimono out of the closet, putting it on now.

Walking quietly downstairs, she would knock on her father's door, wishing to speak with him about something as he had to know what those things were.

"Come in, the door is unlocked" Haruto called out as he would be at his desk, finishing up his nightly paperwork now, seeing his youngest daughter Asuka all dressed up in her favorite kimono.

"Asuka, did you need something honey?" He asked as he would look over to her, going to his daughter as he got up, hugging her gently as she would have something on her mind.

"Father, I need to ask you about my mother, what happened to her after I was born?" Asuka looked up at him, wanting to know the truth now as this needed to be heard, Haruto closing the door now behind her as he would sigh and realize it was time to tell his daughter everything about that fateful night he was told by Miyuki all of those years ago.

Will Haruto reveal the truth to his daughter and will Asuka be strong enough mentally to learn what happened to her mother all those years ago, Will Asuka be able to accept what she is and the revelations of that fateful night 15 years ago, stay tuned to find out in "Chapter 2: A Family Divided?"

2