4 – Light speed
49 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha "What's wrong with this world?" I muttered bitterly, frustration seething through every fiber of my being. "Damn you, Seiya!" I shouted into the empty air, my voice laced with venom and desperation.

Suddenly, her voice echoed through the woods, chilling me to the bone. "Having fun, are we?" she taunted, her laughter echoing ominously around me.

Anger surged through me like a tidal wave, drowning out any semblance of fear. "You think this is fun?" I snarled, my fists clenched in frustration. "I'll show you fun when I get my hands on you!" 

As I spat out my frustrations into the air, venom dripping from every word, a primal fear gripped me as I sensed the presence of the hungry and angry wolf behind me. My bravery crumbled in an instant, replaced by raw terror as I realized the danger closing in on me.

The wolf's eyes bore into mine, its gaze filled with hunger and malice, sending shivers down my spine. Panic surged through me, and I knew I had to act fast if I wanted to survive.

Just as despair threatened to consume me, a faint chant reached my ears, barely audible above the pounding of my heart. "Conceal," it whispered, a glimmer of hope.

My heart pounded like a drum as I stood frozen in fear, the glowing barrier surrounding me like a shield against the advancing wolf. Its snarls echoed through the forest, filled with frustration and confusion.

"Where are you?" the wolf growled, its voice tinged with anger. "Did you finally use your magic?"

Before I could even begin to comprehend what was happening, a figure flashed towards me with lightning speed. In an instant, I found myself whisked away from danger, the cool mountain air hitting me like a breath of fresh relief.

"Phew," I breathed out, my muscles tensed from the adrenaline rush. "I'm safe now."

But just as I began to relax, a soft voice cut through the silence like a knife. "It's not done yet.

I turned to see a woman with bright green hair standing before me, her gaze piercing through me with an intensity that made my skin crawl.

A sudden screech pierced the air, drawing my attention upward. My eyes widened in horror as I beheld an eagle with a beak so large it could rival a baby-sized elephant. Before I could react, the massive bird swooped down, its razor-sharp talons aimed straight for me.

"Stop talking and get your ass up," she commanded, her voice leaving no room for argument. With a sense of trepidation, I obeyed, knowing that whatever lay ahead was far from over.

But just as it seemed all hope was lost, a blur of motion intercepted the eagle's attack. I watched in disbelief as the woman who had saved me earlier stepped in, deflecting the bird's deadly strike with a swift and precise movement.

"You owe me two favors now," she declared, her voice firm and unwavering as she stood between me and the monstrous eagle. With a sense of gratitude mixed with apprehension, I nodded, realizing that I was now indebted to this mysterious woman in more ways than one.

"We can't defeat it," the woman exclaimed urgently, her voice tinged with urgency. "Let's run!"

Without hesitation, I followed her lead as we sprinted through the forest with the agility of cheetahs. Branches whipped past us, and the ground blurred beneath our feet as we raced to escape the relentless pursuit of the monstrous eagle.

Adrenaline coursed through my veins as I pushed myself to keep pace with the woman, each step bringing us closer to safety. Behind us, the enraged screeches of the eagle echoed through the woods, driving us onward with a primal instinct for survival.

With every passing moment, the distance between us and our pursuer grew, until finally, we burst into a small clearing bathed in the soft glow of the moonlight. Gasping for breath, I turned to the woman, my heart pounding in my chest.

"Are we safe now?" I asked, my voice trembling with exhaustion and relief.

But before she could respond, a rustling in the bushes caught our attention, and we turned to see the eagle emerge from the shadows, its piercing gaze fixed upon us with unwavering determination.

"We're not out of danger yet," the woman replied grimly, her eyes narrowing as she prepared to face our foe once more.

WHERE ARE YOU GOING!!?? screech!!! and the eagles eyes glows red.

As the eagle's eyes glowed with a fiery intensity, it surged forward with a speed that seemed almost supernatural. Before I could react, its massive claws closed around me, trapping me in its grasp with a vice-like grip.

Panic surged through me as I struggled against the eagle's hold, but its strength was overwhelming. I felt like a helpless prey, ensnared by a predator far beyond my comprehension.

"Help!" I cried out, my voice echoing through the forest as I fought against the eagle's relentless grip. But my pleas fell on deaf ears as the creature tightened its hold, its talons digging into my flesh with a searing pain.

ILLUMINOUS LIGHT!!

Just when it seemed like all hope was lost, a blinding light pierced through the darkness, illuminating the clearing with an otherworldly glow. I squinted against the brilliance, shielding my eyes as the light grew brighter and brighter.

And then, in an instant, the eagle's grasp loosened, and I felt myself falling through the air, weightless and free. With a thud, I landed on the forest floor, gasping for breath as I looked up to see the woman standing before me, her hands outstretched and glowing with a radiant energy.

"Get up," she commanded, her voice firm but reassuring. "We need to keep moving."

With a nod of understanding, I scrambled to my feet, adrenaline coursing through my veins as we fled deeper into the heart of the forest, leaving the eagle behind us.

As we dashed through the forest, the woman's voice cut through the chaos, her tone serious and unwavering. "You owe me three favors now," she declared, her words echoing in the air like a solemn oath.

I glanced at her, a mixture of fear and gratitude swirling within me. "Three favors?" I repeated, the weight of her words sinking in. "But what... what do you want from me?"

The woman's gaze softened, her emerald eyes shimmering with a hint of sadness. "You'll find out soon enough," she replied cryptically, her voice tinged with a sense of foreboding. "But for now, focus on staying alive. That's payment enough."

I will continue this story. [yay]

5