7 – The 9th champion
3 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the dimly lit chamber, nine golden thrones encircled a radiant globe at its heart, casting a soft, ethereal glow across the room. 

The majestic frames of the thrones shimmered against the dark backdrop of the walls, adding an air of grandeur to the space. Along the walls hung nine ornate painting frames, each showcasing a different figure, with one prominently featuring Seiya.

As Kael leaned in to read the contents of the paper, his eyes widened in surprise at the bold title: "Arena of Death." The words jumped out at him,

Seiya and the other figure lounged comfortably on their respective thrones, arranged in a circle along with seven others, each adorned with intricate celestial designs. In the center of the chamber, a massive glowing globe hovered, its pulsating light casting an ethereal glow over the room.

Seiya lounged comfortably on her throne, a mischievous glint in her starry eyes as she twirled a strand of her celestial hair between her fingers. Opposite her, Zerus sat with an air of regal arrogance, his gaze piercing and unyielding as he surveyed the room.

"So, Zerus," Seiya began, her tone playful yet tinged with an underlying sense of curiosity,

who do you think will win this time? I'm placing my bets on the underdog."

Zerus's lips curled into a smug smirk as he leaned back in his seat, his thunderous presence filling the space between them. "Why, it's obvious, Seiya," he replied with a hint of condescension, "victory shall be mine."

Seiya chuckled softly, a knowing gleam dancing in her eyes as she leaned forward, her gaze locking with Zerus's. "Oh, is that so?" she teased, her voice dripping with amusement. "Care to make a little wager on that?"

Zerus's expression hardened, his pride refusing to back down in the face of Seiya's challenge. "I have no need for petty games, Seiya," he retorted, his voice rumbling like distant thunder. "My victory is assured, regardless of your whims."

Seiya's grin widened, her playful demeanor unfazed by Zerus's stern words. "Oh, but where's the fun in that, Zerus?" she taunted, her eyes twinkling with mischief. "After all, what's a little competition between gods?"

Zerus's gaze narrowed, a flicker of irritation crossing his features at Seiya's persistent teasing. "Competition implies uncertainty," he stated firmly, his voice resonating with authority. "But in this case, there is none. My supremacy is absolute."

Seiya's playful demeanor faltered slightly at Zerus's unwavering confidence, but she quickly recovered, a defiant spark igniting in her eyes. "Well, we'll just have to see about that, won't we?" she countered, her tone laced with challenge.

Zerus's expression remained impassive, his confidence unwavering in the face of Seiya's bravado. "Indeed," he replied simply, his voice tinged with a hint of amusement. "Let the games begin.

As Seiya and Zerus engaged in their conversation, the topic shifted to the recent events in the mortal realm.

Seiya's gaze drifted to the painting frame depicting Weiwei, goddess of nature, her expression thoughtful. "Have you heard about the king of Narayana and his queen, Weiwei?" she inquired, her voice tinged with disdain.

Zerus raised an eyebrow, intrigued by Seiya's tone. "Yes, I've heard whispers of their troubled rule," he replied cautiously.

Seiya's lips curled into a smirk as she regarded the image of Weiwei. "Foolish goddess," she remarked, her voice dripping with derision. "She meddles in mortal affairs without heed for the consequences."

Zerus nodded in agreement, his expression reflecting Seiya's contempt. "Indeed, her arrogance knows no bounds," he replied, his tone laced with disdain.

The chamber fell silent as the two gods pondered the foolishness of their fellow deity, their minds drifting to the mortal realm and its chaotic affairs.

----------------------------------------------------------

"He's here," a voice whispered from the shadows, its source unknown.

"Who?" another figure inquired, their voice tinged with curiosity.

"The last champion. Do you think you can defeat him?" the first voice replied, a hint of uncertainty lacing their words.

"Don't worry, Weiwei. I will kill all eight champions until I become the next god! Hahaha!" The speaker's laughter echoed through the chamber, filled with madness and ambition.

"That's why I chose you to be my champion, Avarus," Weiwei declared, her voice tinged with determination as she approached the king. Avarus stepped forward, his eyes gleaming with fervor as he leaned in to kiss her.

No SPG!! 🫣

----------------------------------------------------------

As the blazing sun seeped through the cracks of the worn-out inn, Kael stirred from his slumber, jolted awake by the sensation of Ruru's warm tongue on his face. 

Blinking blearily, Kael squinted at the bright light streaming through the window and felt the oppressive heat pressing down on him like a heavy blanket. "Ruru, why is it so hot?" he groaned, wiping the sweat from his brow.

Then, it dawned on him like a bucket of ice water to the face. "Oh, right," he muttered sheepishly, rubbing his eyes. "We're in a desert village, aren't we?" 

Ruru tilted his head inquisitively, his eyes twinkling with mischief as if mocking Kael's forgetfulness. With a resigned sigh, Kael dragged himself out of bed, mentally preparing for another scorching day in the desert.

As Kael and Ruru descended to the first floor, the jovial sounds of laughter, shouting, and clinking cutlery greeted them. The bustling inn was alive with activity, with villagers and travelers alike mingling over breakfast.

Taking a seat at a vacant table, Kael glanced around the crowded room, his eyes widening at the sight of the lively scene. Ruru wagged his tail excitedly, clearly enjoying the energetic atmosphere.

The old lady approached their table with a warm smile, her eyes twinkling with hospitality. "Good morning, travelers! What can I get for you today?" she inquired cheerfully.

Kael returned her smile, glancing at the menu before replying, "What's your best seller for breakfast around here?"

The old lady's smile widened as she leaned in conspiratorially. "Ah, our specialty is the Blazing Sunrise soup, she revealed, a hint of pride in her voice.

"It's a fiery concoction infused with exotic desert spices and peppers, guaranteed to awaken your taste buds and invigorate your senses. With each spoonful, you'll feel the intense heat surging through your body, providing a burst of energy to kickstart your day. It's a local favorite!"

Kael's mouth watered at the description, and he nodded enthusiastically. "That sounds perfect! We'll take two of those, please," he requested, giving Ruru a playful pat on the head.

The old lady nodded in approval. "Excellent choice! I'll have it right out for you," she promised, bustling off to convey their order to the kitchen.

As I waited patiently at the table, my eyes scanned the bustling inn, taking in the sights and sounds of the lively atmosphere. Amidst the crowd, a mysterious figure caught my attention, their presence shrouded in intrigue as they posted a job request to the notice board.

Before I could ponder further, the old lady appeared before us, carrying two steaming bowls of the awaited soup. My anticipation soared as she set them down before us, each bowl emanating a vibrant hue of fiery red.

With eager anticipation, I lifted the spoon, the aroma of spices and heat engulfing my senses.

As I eagerly dug into the soup, expecting a delightful culinary experience, I found myself met with an unexpected explosion of heat that sent my taste buds into overdrive. With each spoonful, it felt like I was swallowing liquid fire, and before I knew it, my mouth and throat were ablaze with a fiery sensation that rivaled even the fieriest of dragons.

"Whoa, it's like I've got a dragon's breath!" I exclaimed, my voice strained as I reached for the nearest glass of water, my eyes watering from the intense heat.

Before the other man could protest, I downed the water in one desperate gulp, feeling a momentary relief wash over me as the cool liquid quenched the flames raging in my mouth. But even as the burning subsided, a lingering heat remained, reminding me of the fiery ordeal I had just endured.

"Phew, I feel like I'm on fire!" I gasped, wiping sweat from my brow as I struggled to catch my breath, my eyes darting to Ruru, who seemed equally taken by the intensity of the soup.

Despite the scorching heat, I soldiered on, determined to conquer the spicy challenge.

As I ate the soup, it was super spicy, making my mouth feel like it was on fire. Ruru only took small bites, but I kept going, even though it was really hot. I wanted to finish it, even if it was painful.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kael got curious when he saw a bunch of people gathered around the quest board, all excited and chattering away. 

"Wait, isn't it too early for that event? How come they're hosting it so fast?" exclaimed one member of the crowd, their voice tinged with surprise and confusion.

"Yeah, I thought they usually give us more time to prepare," chimed in another, shaking their head in disbelief.

The murmurs of disbelief rippled through the crowd as they puzzled over the sudden announcement.

He glanced at Ruru, who seemed pretty hyped too, and decided to check out what all the fuss was about. He weaved his way through the busy inn until he reached the crowd. 

As Kael leaned in to read the contents of the paper, his eyes widened in surprise at the bold title: "Arena of Death." The words jumped out at him. He look up the rules listed below:

• Strong 
• Fearless 
• Ready to die
• 18 years old and above only

Reward: Becoming the General of the king

From: Queen Weiwei 

As I read the contents of the paper, my eyes widened in disbelief at the bold title: "Arena of Death." Seriously? I'm just a kid! How am I supposed to be strong, fearless, and ready to die? And to top it all off, it says 18 years old and above only! I mean, come on, I may have the body of a ten-year-old, but I'm still only six!

I couldn't help but chuckle at the absurdity of it all. Here I am, a pint-sized adventurer in a world of grown-ups, staring down a challenge meant for warriors twice my age. Talk about being in over my head!

But despite the ridiculousness of the situation, a spark of curiosity flickered within me. Becoming the General of the king? That sounded pretty cool, even if I had no idea what it meant.

With a shrug and a grin, I tucked the paper back into my pocket, my mind buzzing with excitement. Who knows? Maybe this Arena of Death thing could be the adventure of a lifetime!

----------------------------------------------------------

"I already helped you, darling," Weiwei purred, her voice dripping with seduction as she leaned in close to Avarus.

"Thank you, my darling," Avarus replied, his voice husky with desire as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Weiwei smirked, her eyes gleaming with mischief. "I will make you a god," she whispered, her breath hot against his ear, "and together, we will find this ninth champion and crush him, my darling."

With a wicked grin, Avarus pulled her closer, his lips brushing against hers in a feverish kiss. "I wouldn't have it any other way," he murmured, his voice filled with excitement for the bloody battles to come.

1