Chapter 2 – Ace’s Assets (Light NSFW)
256 3 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following morning, you open your eyes. You turn your head and see Ace is still sleeping. You turn your head back to the ceiling.

With a sigh, you sit up and look around. The sun is just cresting that line in the distance - the horizon you surmise. The fire has long since died, leaving a barely-warm pile of ash.

'So just... what am I...?' You wonder as you absentmindedly poke at the smoldering remnants.

Suddenly a screen pops up.

Changeling evolution - Yaksha

An advanced form of Changeling capable of holding a humanoid form for an extended period. The specific length of time varies based on the amount of mana available to the Yaksha. Additionally, while traditional Changelings are only capable of reproduction via mitosis, Yaksha are incapable of this and solely capable of procreation with others. The resultant child with appear as a mix of the other parent and the Yaksha's form at the time of conception.

You furrow your brow as you read, 'So if I ask a question, it pops up on a screen? That's... Interesting. Tell me about Ace.'

Nothing.

'Alright, can you tell me about Ace?'

Nothing still.

You grumble and stand, taking a few steps out of the cave.

"Hey, stranger. You leaving me behind?"

You turn to see Ace stretching.

"Oh, no. I was just... I woke up and felt restless. Sorry if I woke you up," You reply.

"Nah, you didn't. I normally wake up around now anyhow. How about some breakfast?"

You nod and walk back over, taking a seat across from her. Ace digs in her pack before pulling out a few slices of bread and dried meat. She hands them over, along with some cold tea in a small metal cup.

"Thank you," You say.

"Nn-mm. Don't worry about it. I packed for four, so I've got more than enough to go around for the two of us."

You take a bite, considering what she said. As you swallow, you meet her gaze, "You said four... Those three that I killed just before gaining sentience... Were they your friends?"

"Allies more than friends. I fell behind because I twisted my ankle. By the time I caught up, I saw you over their bodies, just sort of... Staring. I was tempted to kill you, but something stopped me. I'm still not quite sure what it was, but I'm glad I didn't. I decided to take that perch you saw me on and watch. It only took about half an hour or so before you began moving."

You finish your breakfast as she explains, before chugging the tea, "I see... Well, for what it's worth, I am sorry."

She waved her hand, "You asked a question. Let me ask one. Do you really not remember your life before?"

You rest your head back, looking up at the sky just outside the cave as you think back, "Not really. My memory starts with me staring just before I saw you. Right about the time you saw me beginning to move, I'd guess. Before that, it's... blank. More of a feeling than anything. I FELT that the cave was familiar. I can still feel a blade slicing flesh. I can still feel the taste of blood. But I don't actually remember any of it."

Ace grinned, "Well, that's good. It means you have a fresh start. You're not bound by the life you lived as a monster. Come, let's get on the road."

You both stand and you follow closely behind her as she walks. As you travel, you see many things that you had no reference for, but you seem to know almost instinctively - squirrels, trees, grass, and more.

As you walk, you glance over at her, "So, can I ask you a few things? Like how many humanoids there are? Also, you mentioned male and female yesterday... what are the differences, and are there more than just those?"

Ace chuckles, "There are countless humanoids. With births and deaths, it's impossible to know. But if you mean species, I think... fifty-eight last I knew...? Some new ones may have been added, or one or two could've gone extinct. This world is far from stable, so it's an unfortunate fact that could happen."

As we walk along, she stops and holds up her hand, "Speaking of a chaotic mess of a world..."

You hear the crunch of leaves and brush, and the clinking of metal. A few moments later, a large figure emerges. It's a humanoid with a horned, reptilian-like face. He's wearing heavy plate armor and has a large sword strapped to his waist.

"What do you want?" Ace asks.

"You know what I want," the lizard-man replies.

"I'm not giving you anything," Ace growls.

"Then you can die like the filthy Demonoid bitch that you are," the man spits.

Ace lowered into a combat stance, "Y/N, get ready. He's a saurean. A fuckin' thornskin. They're known for taking to banditry when times are tough. I doubt he's here for a friendly visit. Your other questions will have to wait."

The saurean chuckled as he pulled out a large axe, "You're both going to die. A filthy demonoid and a pathetic little human..."

Ace's tail twitches at the insult directed at you. You sense she's about to rush in, so you step in front of her, "You and I. One on one. If I win, you go about your way. If you win, we submit to whatever you request."

Ace places her hand on your shoulder, "He's strong. Are you certain you can take him?"

You grin back at her, "If I don't, he'll kill us. I just gained this life and I don't plan to lose my first friend this early."

She meets your gaze. After a long moment, she nods, "Understood. I'll stay out of your way. I trust you with this, Y/N."

You turn back to him just in time to see him race forward. You leap to the side, dropping your human form and taking a semi-solid form covered in black ooze.

He turns to face you, his expression rapidly changing between glee and disgust, "Kaban lee sho... You're a changeling but not...?"

You grin and rush him, turning your arm into a blade and impaling the center of his chest, your momentum carrying you forward, slamming him down onto his back. You lean in, "I'm a yaksha. Maybe you should've worked that brain as much as those muscles. That last thing you'll hear is my name. Y/N."

He coughs and sputters as he struggles to breathe, "A...a...yak...sha...?"

You feel an instinctual pull. You withdraw your arm and change it to a proboscis. You jam it into his chest and pull his life-giving blood into yourself.

As his life drains, you feel yourself gaining power. A screen appears in front of you:

Congratulations! You've reached level 6! Mana restored!
The following abilities have been gained:
Limb regrowth - one use per week. Limb cannot be restored if more than 3 days have passed.
Greater strength increase.

You pull your arm out and turn to look at Ace. She gazes at you with a mixture of appreciation and confusion, with perhaps a hint of something else... fear?

"What...? What did you just do to him...?"

'Yup. Fear. Fuck.' You think before replying, "I drained him. Changelings feed on the blood of their enemies. I may be a Yaksha now, but I'm still a changeling at my core. I apologize... I should've had more decorum."

Ace'd tail is shaking as she takes a step closer, "You're still... You... right, Y/N?"

You nod your head and switch back to a human form, at least as close as you can remember. You look towards Ace's horns then look back at the Saurean. You bring a hand up to your head and concentrate, forming a small pair of protrusions, sharpening and hardening them into horns.

As Ace watches you add horns to your look, she raises her eyebrow. "Why?" She asks slowly.

You grin, "Simple. I didn't want you to feel so alone. But I can only take things I've seen. I didn't want to steal your horns. But since he doesn't need his anymore, I decided to take them for my own purposes."

Ace sighs and walks over. Her tail is still shaking, "You promise you're not a threat to me?"

You nod, "Of course. You're my friend. He was my enemy."

You both turn to continue your journey to town. As you begin walking, you decide to try your hand at a joke.

"If you've got any cool racial abilities, I can make do with a drop of blood, though."

Ace laughs before patting your back, "Maybe one day. I think, for now, I'll keep my abilities for my own use. What did you get from him, if I may ask?"

"Limb regrowth. One use a day."

She wraps her arm around yours, "So if I take your arm to snuggle with, you could regrow it?" You feel her tail brushing against your neck.

"I... guess...? I'm not sure what would happen with the arm after it's detached though..."

She shrugs and continues to hold your arm as you both walk, "Well, either way, limb or no, we'll have a great time together!"

You smile and nod. As you reach the edge of the forest, Ace points at a small wooden shack, "That's our destination. It's not much, but that's home. I'm allowed in town for short periods but... well, you'll see tomorrow. For now, let's get a bath and some sleep. Wait, can you bathe? Like, with water, or is it going to dissolve your liquid-ness?"

You grin at her, "My liquid is actually my body. I doubt a little water will hurt, granted it may be uncomfortable. We'll have to see."

She grins back, "So, if I was to take a sip of your 'liquid', would it be blood?"

You shrug, "I have no idea. Never thought about it."

Ace runs ahead. You both reach the house and she unlocks the door. Inside, there's a kitchen with a dining table and chairs, a bed, and a fireplace. To the side, there is another door.

"Bath is through there. Let's go."

You follow her into the bath and she begins stripping her clothing off. She looks at you and gestures for you to do the same.

You look down and concentrate, the clothing dripping back into black ooze before rejoining your form and turning the same shade as your face.

Ace stares in awe, "I'm so fucking jealous right now... I wish I could change clothes like that..."

She sits and begins washing herself. You copy her movements.

Once you're both clean, she stands and holds out her hands over a wooden basin, "Conor lavare aqua."

A stream of steaming water poured from her hands, filling the basin within moments. She looked at you, "Demonoids are all at least capable of magic. I only know a few generally useful spells. Climb in. Sit. Relax."

You do as she said. As you sink into the water, you can feel the tension of the day leaving your muscles. 'Do I have muscle...? Is my liquid relaxing...? Whatever...' you ponder.

She steps in and sits on the rim, "So, Y/N. You asked about gender differences. First, I'll show you females. Most humanoids have some variation on these but these are mine."

Her hands move up and cup the lumps on her front. They're cute. Not overly large, but enough to be noticeable. The same light grey as the rest of her and on the front of them were two slightly darker grey nubs.

"Those are... Breasts?"

"Mm-hmm. And nipples. Males have nipples too, but they don't have breasts. Next, girls have this..."

She moved her hand lower and spread her legs, revealing a dainty little bald slit with what looked like the petals of a flower trying to peek out. As she spreads the outer fleshy bits, you see the inside is the same dark grey as her nipples.

Before you have a chance to respond, she grins, "Don't think about touching. I barely know you. I'm willing to help you learn, but that's the extent for now. Maybe one day, guy. This is called a vulva. The hole here is-"

You kinda tune out as she goes about the anatomy. You still listen enough to understand, but you allow your mind to wander. This - what you're seeing now... It's almost tantalizing. Like it's calling for you. Or is that your own mind trying to pull you to it?

'What the fuck? I distinctly know I never had this urge as a changeling...' You think.

A screen appears before you, repeating the message from earlier that Changelings reproduce by mitosis while Yaksha require another.

'Must be a matter of reproduction then. Well, this is inconvenient.' You look down to see that your crotch - the area she's showing, it would seem - is still barren and smooth.

"Y/N, are you listening?"

You look up into her eyes, "Yeah. It's tender. Soft touches feel good but pain is worse than normal. That's all well and good, but I fail to see how it aids in reproduction. I mean I don't have anything. That, nor anything compatible with it."

Ace leans back laughing, "Oh, not to worry. As I said, we don't need to worry about that for a while. But since you're able to change form, I'd imagine nearly any part of you could be used for it. Assuming you can alter bodily location."

You tilt your head and think on that. After a moment you hold up your hand and watch as it changes into a foot, then another head, then back to a hand. "I think I can."

"Well, you're certainly special."

"And you're beautiful."

She smiles and steps out of the tub, "I'll see you in bed. Sleep well, Y/N."

"Wait, what should I do regarding clothing?"

She looks over, "Oh, uh... Well, the bed is warm. But if you want, you can form some pajamas. I've got some sets in there you can base it on for the texture. I usually sleep naked in summer though. You're welcome to share my bed as long as you keep your hands and... other appendages to yourself."

You nod and stand, before following her out. She climbs into bed and wiggles further into the warm blankets. You walk over near the door and take a deep breath. You close your eyes and focus. You relax every limb, every extension of yourself. You collapse down into a pile of ooze, as you feel sleep beginning to take you.

Just before you drift off, you hear Ace, "Aw, you look adorable like that, Y/N!"

Another screen pops up:

Congrats! Aezelika likes you! Don't fuck this up!"

'I really need to learn who or what this screen thing is...' You think as your consciousness fades.

 

Aezelika/Ace (AI generated)

What are your plans for tomorrow?
  • Ask Ace what her plans are and join her on them Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Ask Ace if she'd be willing to accompany you exploring the surrounding area Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Turn Ace's next quest into a competition between you two (prizes will be smut-related) Votes: 6 50.0%
  • Sign up for the guild so you can officially join her as a companion Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Stay by Ace's side and ensure her safety in this town that apparently dislikes her kind Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Stay in the cabin and spend the day relaxing becasue you just want some alone private time Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 12 · This poll was closed on Apr 2, 2024 10:00 PM.
9