Power
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I used to believe powers shouldn't exist, but I was wrong. I thought that if powers didn't exist, maybe our existence over time would even out. I hoped that our world would become more fair, truer or something. Even maybe just calmer with enough time.

But it is impossible. The world may have become calmer in some places, but the calmer it gets the more docile they become.

Even if they have consumed hundreds of stories based on conflict, and then resolving said conflict. Even if it resulted in bloodshed, regret, loss of mind, loss of body, loss of loved ones, they will move on. Even ignoring conflicts occurring in reality.
It is truly insane.

I wish to some capacity, there was the ability to do something on a world scale, but just because instant change isn't possible, doesn't mean people aren't as always striving internally or externally to make some sort of change. It just won't be enough to see it come to fruition in our lifetimes.

I would say humanity won't stay bound forever, but that may end up being a lie. Too many already are completely bound. Way too many.
Maybe right now, maybe for the next few hundred years, but one day in the far future, someone will be tired enough to do something. 

0