Chapter 4 God Of Sky Island
39 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Marineford.

Dylan, who officially completed the award, walked out of the office area.

"Ah la la, here comes a great newcomer."

A lazy voice sounded from the side.

This tone... Aokiji?

"Kuzan,  Admiral." Dylan bowed slightly.

"Are you coming to the headquarters to confer a title?" Aokiji pushed up the blindfold on his forehead and looked at Dylan with interest.

"Yes."

Kuzan suddenly looked around, and then said to Dylan: "Want to have a drink?"

"..."

Does this guy drink?

Following Aokiji into his office, Dylan glanced around.

The furnishings were simple, even crude.

There were only two things that stood out: a comfortable lounge chair and his exclusive plaque.

"Lazy Justice."

"Ah la la, you and I actually have different personalities." Aokiji picked up two bottles of wine and threw one at Dylan.

"I believe in lazy justice, but you are very diligent."

Um?

Dylan took the wine, popped the cork, and took a sip. "You know me?"

Aokiji took a similar gulp of wine, then sighed. "What a man's wine, it tastes terrible."

After muttering for a while, Aokiji formally looked at Dylan. "Ah, I have nominated you in the past few years, but it seems that you have refused? Why did you agree this time?"

Has Aokiji nominated me?

Dylan frowned. Is this information from within Marine?

Or... Garp?

Seeing Dylan's confused look, Aokiji took the initiative and said, "It's Mr. Garp. He said that every time he goes back in the past few years, East Blue feels very peaceful, and he doesn't even need to clean it too much. We spent a lot of time investigating. It was not easy to find you."

"You're doing very well in East Blue. How about it? Are you willing to join me? I'll give you considerable autonomy."

Aokiji—Naval Headquarters Vice Admiral, Admiral alternate.

"Black Arm" Zephyr's disciple and Garp's little fanboy.

The three Marine Admirals in the future are Aokiji, Kizaru, and Akainu.

Akainu's attitude towards pirates is too rigid. Although his style is similar to mine, there are fundamental differences.

Kizaru is an old monkey, his words and deeds are very suspicious. He is submissive when he faces Straw Hat, but he punches hard when he confronts Zephyr. He might be a subordinate of the Revolutionary Army.

As for Aokiji, this guy is lazy, but he still has loyalty. Otherwise, he wouldn't have saved the big enemy Smoker from Doflamingo.

"I'll kill them, but you'll take the blame?"

"Ah, that's what I said, but you can express it more tactfully. It's really nerve-wracking. I'm often assigned some tasks from above. I..."

Aokiji raised his head and took another sip of wine. "So you agreed?"

Dylan spread his hands. "Why should I agree? If I follow Sakazuki, I might have to kill people every day. I still have a lot to do."

"That's true..."

Aokiji didn't ask Dylan why he didn't mention Kizaru.

"But before that, I still have some things to deal with. If it's quick, I can come back in half a year. If it's slow, it may take one or two years."

"You're such a busy man, do you need my help?"

Dylan shook his head. "No need. If you're unlucky, it's possible that you won't be able to come back. As a person with abilities, you'd better not get involved."

"Fruit person? Can't come back?"

Aokiji rarely showed a sad look. "Are you going to some dangerous area related to the sea? Forget it, since you don't need my help, I won't ask. Just be careful and use the phone bug to contact me if you need help."

...

[Time skip:2 years}

"Lord " Gan Fall greeted respectfully.

"Gan Fall..." Dylan's appearance remained unchanged from two years ago, but now he seemed even more refined and profound.

Below the temple, the residents of Sky Island gazed up at Dylan with a mixture of reverence and awe. His presence commanded respect, and his defeat of Gan Fall and the other priests had solidified his authority on the island. Despite his absolute power, he chose not to kill them, leaving the islanders in a state of uncertainty about his intentions.

When he discovered the golden bell concealed within the clouds and rang it, the Sky Islanders and Sandians, who had been adversaries for centuries, ceased their conflict and united in worshiping him as a "god".

This "deity" was not tyrannical and could even be considered a "benevolent god". Gan Fall acted as the representative for all matters concerning Sky Island.

Originally, Gan Fall held the position of "god" on the island and was deeply trusted and beloved by all.

"When I'm away for a while, Sky Island will be under your care," Dylan instructed Gan Fall. "Secure the sea routes before my return, and contact me immediately if any intruders are spotted, using phone bug."

When everyone raised their heads, the figure above the temple had disappeared. Gan Fall took a breath, then turned around and said: "Seal the temple and cut off the sea route."

...........

Below Sky Island.

As Dylan walked into a pub, he spotted a pink figure drinking at the bar. Beside him stood a tall man with a large sword hanging from his waist. On the other side, an old man with a strange face was interrogating a group of gangsters.

"The atmosphere in this place is so dull. The Donquixote Pirates are the pride of our North Blue. We just want to be pirates like you..."

"Have any of you ever taken a life?"

Dylan approached the pink man and sat down beside him, lifting a glass of wine to his lips. "A little brat like you wants to make a name with Doflamingo?"

At the mention of "Doflamingo," the expression of the tall man nearby shifted. He was interrogating the gangster, and the peculiar-looking man with a runny nose also turned his attention.

But the "Doflamingo" sitting nearby simply grinned. "Fufufufu, and who might you be...?"

"Marine?"

"Marine? You should..." Diamante had just laid his hand on the hilt of his sword when Doflamingo intervened: "Hold on, Diamante."

"Tsk... Shichibukai are truly a bother." Observing Diamante being restrained by Doflamingo, Dylan's expression was filled disappointment.

If this guy makes a move, I could legitimately take him down, along with the entire Don Quixote Pirates.

Dylan glanced at Diamante, who stood nearby, then shifted his gaze slightly to the yellow-haired gangster, whose face displayed a mix of excitement and shock.

"Let me ask you something. Have you ever taken a life? Or did you come here just to play pretend with your sticks?" Dylan's voice was calm but carried an underlying intensity.

Bellamy threw his hands up, laughing wildly. "Killing? Of course we've killed. We've sailed all the way from North Blue, and that's what we do best. We're here to join the Don Quixote Pirates! Ha ha ha ha!"

"Very well," Dylan responded.

But as soon as his words echoed in the room, the atmosphere shifted. Doflamingo, seated beside Dylan, froze for a moment before turning his head slowly. "Hey, isn't that..." he began.

Before he could finish, a series of dazzling lightning flashes erupted from the bodies of the gangsters.

As the gangsters screamed, Dylan rose slowly from his seat.

"Do... Dover!" came the panicked cries from the gangsters.

With deliberate calmness, Dylan approached Bellamy as if strolling through a garden. Throughout, Doflamingo remained silent, making no attempt to intervene.

Bellamy and his comrades writhed and wailed amidst the thunder and lightning.

"Now... behold. Even your idol hesitates in the presence of absolute power," Dylan remarked, his tone firm.

Bellamy, struggling, pounded his fists against the floor in frustration. "Damn it!"

"I'll give you one more chance. Have you ever taken a life? If you're boasting, I'll let you off as mere hoodlums. But if blood truly stains your hands..." Dylan's expression darkened, a palpable intensity radiating from him.

"Execution will be immediate!"

Bellamy struggled to lift his head, seeking solace from his idol - the "Heavenly Demon" Doflamingo.

Yet, only suffocating silence met his gaze.

Summoning his last ounce of strength, Bellamy clenched his teeth and whispered, "No... no."

With a sharp snap, Dylan applauded. "That's how you behave. Simply drifting through life, without purpose... Oh, and one more thing!"

As Dylan made his way to the door, he cast a final glance at the groaning Huang Mao on the ground. "You claimed to despise dreamers, didn't you? Well, it's a shame. Your idol harbors the grandest ambition among all pirates, the loftiest dream. Yet, you, unworthy, remain aboard his vessel." With these words, Dylan pushed open the door and departed.

As the wind whistled through the tavern, the wooden door creaked mockingly, echoing Bellamy's prideful boasts and the disappointment in his idol.

With a sullen expression, Doflamingo rose from his seat and strode towards the door, flanked by Torebol and Diamanti.

Pausing beside Bellamy, Doflamingo's voice dripped with disdain. "He's correct, you know..." His gaze hardened. "Utterly undeserving of my crew."

2