Chapter 2
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I refused. I refused to believe it. 

I was immortal. I couldn't die. 

Was that how I cheated death and how I cheated once more. 

It was absurd in this world of absurdities. 

Buts it's true. My wounds that once killed me were only a distant scar. 

I was too far focused on what happened that I didn't realize I was back at the campfire. 

The bodies of the those two men was still there.

I still had everything on me including the bones. 

I got up before returning on the path once more. 

*rattle* 

Fuck.

*rattle* 

I grabbed the stone from the ground before slamming clean through the skeletons skull making a satisfying crunch. 

Finally. 

*rattle* *rattle*

Ah. 

I dodged out the way, it was much more feistier than last time. It must be surprised to see me alive. 

I employed the same strategy from before. 

Slamming the stone across the skulls of the many headed skeletons. 

*thud* *thud* *thud*

I suddenly remember what happened earlier as I barely dodged the chest arm. 

I slammed the stone through the skeletons chest arm breaking it in half before using it as club to beat the skeleton. 

It was an amusing sight to see, a man like me abusing a skeleton with it's own arm. 

The body was damaged heavily as I flipped over on it's back exposed. 

I found it. The source of its core. 

A small round glowing crystal. I grabbed it and as soon as I pulled it from the skeletons ribcage the whole thing fell apart. Limbs and bones fell to the ground limp and unthreatening. 

 I sighed as squated down looking through anything I could scavenge 

There was nothing in the pile of bones besides that crystal ball that I got.

I then started my walk again thankfully without any problems this time. 

It was quiet, peaceful even. 

I wonder if they dungeon has others in it.  those two from earlier are proof enough that there's at least a group living here than I shall be fine. 

The more farther I travel the less water there is. The architect of the walls are more distinct showing carvings of royal emblems and roses. 

The dungeons existed before many of the nations here, dated back before humans I'd say. 

It's weird I remember parts of history and other things yet I cannot for the life of me remember who i am. 

I got into a small room, there was a table in the corner of the room, in the middle was a campfire. There were remnants of someone living in here before. 

I crouched next to the fire. I'm not stupid, there's something about the fire that can bound my soul here. 

I take comfort in these warm flames. Its Grant's me some sort of determination. 

I broke a table leg and wrapped some cloth that were laying around here. I put the club into the fire making a torch. 

I stepped into the tunnels traveling once more through the dark hoping to find a way out.

***

I passed multiple tunnels, the only things I met along the way was just giant rats. 

I of course killed some, I gutted and skinned the ones that didn't look like it wasn't riddled with diseases. 

I needed food and pelts to trade in case theres a market here.

I was so careless, I didn't expect it. I stepped on pressure plate. 

Next thing I new, arrows riddled through my body, piercing through my cheek, legs, skull. 

I awaken once more at the campfire. I didnt have more torch on me. 

I groaned as I got up. 

Even if the injuries were gone I felt it, in my soul. It felt like I get carved up when I died. 

I took a deep breath before heading back into the tunnels.

***

I landed back at the campfire again. 

The tunnels are laid with traps, rats and bats. The rats are constantly biting my feet making me step into a trap or the bats that attack from the crevices in the ceilings making me focus there instead of the ground. 

In total I died three times to rats, seven times and once to a bat. 

Should I keep going? This damage is keeping me from escaping. This dungeon of the dead is preventing me from living. 

No. I got to leave. I need to leave. I have to leave. I can. I can keep going. I can keep dying. But I will succeed.

I kept running through the tunnels, jumping through traps, running past rats and ducking under bats. The maze that once kept me here was no longer in control. I figure it out like a map! A goddamn map. 

That is until during the last passage, I was grazed by a trap. The arrow didn't hurt, but I knew then and there it was poison. 

I kept running but my was reduced to a walk. I kept walking but that was reduced to a crawl. I kept crawling but that was reduced to nothing. 

My  body was tired. Slowly sapped of my strength. My skin pale like moon. When was the last time I saw the moon? 

I need to keep going.

I put hand above me.

Crawling with one hand.

The other hand. 

Again

First hand

Second hand 

Again 

First hand 

Second hand 

Again. 

I repeated this process, the rats kept biting my toes. The bats keep ripping apart my back but I kept crawling. 

At the end. I the end. The light was there. The campfire was there. I can feel it. Its inviting warmth. Its inviting gaze. 

There agonizing crawl, I was bleeding out. I was tired so tired. But I could die not this time. 

My fingers were bloody but when I finally reached the it, the pain didn't matter. 

I was home. 

I grabbed the broken blade before slitting my throat reseting my body. 

0