Ch 10 – Dawn Entertainment’s CEO (1)
23 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*** Dawn Entertainment’s CEO, Yun Yena’s POV ***

 

My name is Yun Yena. The CEO of Dawn Entertainment. 

This company has been my life's work - my dream since I was a young girl was to nurture and promote artistic talent, to give voice to those who would move hearts and minds through their passions.

So, right after graduating college, I asked my father to invest in the company.

Unexpectedly, he agreed. 

'But there's a catch.'

Because there's no way he would be happy with my decision to build an entertainment company, especially since he had always wanted me to become a lawyer.

'I have to pay it back in 3 years.'

Honestly, it was unreasonable.

It was an unreasonable condition for someone who had just started their business and barely knew a thing.

A devil's temptation.

But rather than borrowing money from banks or loan sharks, I thought it would be better to take the chance.

Above all, this might be the only chance I have to start the business without having a fallout with my father.

'But it's harder than I thought.'

One year. 

As if to laugh at my naivety in the past, I looked at the company's condition after struggling for a year.

A decent building with great facilities.

It was a building bought from another entertainment company that went bankrupt recently. Even though I bought it for cheap, the building was equipped with complete facilities for raising talents. Be it idols, actresses, or the like.

However, there are problems. Problems so big that might end this company. 

Despite everything we have, we don't have the ability to attract top talents and consistently bring in good opportunities to work, even after spending a lot of money promoting the business.

'To put it simply. We lack trust.'

In this industry where nothing is certain, a broadcasting company is unlikely to risk working with us, especially when they can choose bigger production companies. 

It's the same with top talents.

No matter what new initiatives or strategies we pursued, we couldn't find top talents who would want to join our company. 

'Because the alternatives are better.'

Bigger companies. Better reputations. Wider connections and opportunities. And simply greater benefits for joining the company overall.

'We need more resources to attract top-tier talents from the get go.'

I took the failures hard and questioned if I still possessed the vision and skill to lead Dawn to new heights.

'Even then, I refused to give up.'

Knowing it would be very hard and unlikely to attract top talents, we decided to do the next best thing we could.

'And that is to recruit and train new talents, even if they're complete beginners.'

If they have the right mindset and talent, we are willing to go to great lengths to support them in reaching greater heights.

'It will be nice if these new talents could produce profitable works, but...'

As of today, they are still no different than young chicks. It will be too much for me to expect great results from them anytime soon.

'However, I have confidence in my eyes to see talents.'

So, with plenty of time and resources, I'm sure the talents I recruited would become top talents in the field.

'The problem is, we don't exactly have a lot of time.'

Investors pressure.

Specifically from my father and other investors that I managed to convince along the way.

Even now, people who used to believe in us and choose to invest in us keep pressuring us to grow quickly and produce visible results.

But how do they expect me to do that?

'Should I hire outside help?'

Especially writers.

"If I can at least secure a good writer… then we might be able to fight back."

Be it a movie, a drama, or whatever. 

As long as the writing is good, I would happily give our actors the spotlight they deserve—even if I have to pay a decent price.

'But where can I find a good writer who would be willing to work with us?'

It was when I was mulling over my options.

"Hm?"

A strange man introduced himself as a writer and gave me a script before leaving.

I was surprised to find a writer so soon after I had just decided that I was about to find one.

'I can't believe that he would come to hand over the script himself like that.'

This is an era in which the internet exists.

Nowadays, most writers send their scripts via email rather than printed papers.

'But to think that there is still a writer who brought in scripts like this.'

Doesn't that mean he's someone who's willing to do anything to increase his chance at success?

'It's a good quality.'

As I was about to ride the elevator and head to my office, the elevator door opened, and an older man walked out from inside.

"CEO Yun, what is that in your hand?"

"Oh, this? Someone submitted a script today."

"Hoh, how is it? Is it fun?"

"I haven't read it yet."

"Then, if you like it, can you show it to me?"

"Of course. Are you going to the contest, Director Jung?"

"Haha, yes. It's not every day I was invited to be a judge."

"Everyone must have realized your talent."

"Surely you jest. I'm just an old fossil who happened to love movies too much."

He shakes his head.

Despite being in his late 50s, Director Jung's eyes sparkle like children when he's directing a movie he likes.

"I came into the industry late. But thanks to CEO Yun, I managed to rekindle the fire I had lost." 

"Rather, it's me who should be thankful to you for joining us."

"Hahaha. You're humble, I like it. It's rare to find young people like you these days, CEO Yun." 

"You praised me too much, Director Jung."

He just shook his head with a smile.

"Anyway, if I can help the young generation spread their wings and fly by joining this contest, then it's only natural for this old bone to work hard."

"I hope you can find a good writer."

"Me too. It's the largest competition in Korea, so, surely, I can get my hopes up?"

He laughed.


 

If you like this, please give it a review.

Also, come join the discord: https://discord.com/invite/xwqs7dKspx

Or check my Patreon for exclusive benefits: https://www.patreon.com/febya

Thank you. ^^

1