Chapter 14: High EQ? ANGEL
391 3 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hearing Sairyoku’s interjection, Tsukasa complained, “Sometimes, husband, I’m frightened by how smart you are. I feel like I’m stripped naked in front of you and you can see through my secrets as if I’m an open book.”

In response, Sairyoku shrugged, “I ought to be smart or else I wouldn’t have become the richest man in Japan. Furthermore, if I wasn’t smart enough to see through your immortality, then we would likely not be together.”

Tsukasa thought of the possibility of not marrying Sairyoku and she couldn’t help but shudder in fear. She admitted that Sairyoku was her world now and without him, there was no point in living. Only he had brought colors into her dull eternal world.

Noticing Tsukasa lost in her thoughts, Sairyoku joked to liven up the mood, “And besides, even if we strip naked and take a bath together, you won’t disagree, right?”

Since he was sitting beside Tsukasa, Sairyoku leaned towards her face and softly whispered in her ear, “Right~? Tsukasa-chan~~?”

Tsukasa backed off away from Sairyoku and exclaimed with evident shyness in her voice, “Husband, that’s too fast! Let’s take it slow! We have an eternity so don’t be too fast or else I might be obsessed with you and keep yearning for your affection.”

Sairyoku could easily tease Tsukasa and let her be “out of character” and that’s due to him having a high EQ. He was very proficient when it came to reading the emotions and intentions of others.

Even when he appeared to be “aggressive” in approaching Tsukasa, Sairyoku knew when to stop and when to continue his advances.

He was well aware that it was too early to hit the last base with Tsukasa so he only teased Tsukasa. Not only to shorten his distance from Tsukasa and let her be familiar with his advances, but to also measure Tsukasa’s affection towards him.

After all, if Tsukasa didn’t love him, she would have already resisted and beat him up. Tsukasa might not look like it, but she was someone who could fight an army that had chained her beforehand. Yet she managed to kill that army who sought to eat her flesh in order to acquire her immortality.

Although, that was when Tsukasa was wielding a sword. Nonetheless, she’d still easily kill someone barehanded due to her superhuman physical capabilities.

After teasing Tsukasa, Sairyoku held the restored marriage form and asked her, “Tsukasa, do you want to go to the ward office with me and register our marriage?”

“I can prepare the limousine. But if you want to be low-key, we can also have a date as we walk under the moonlight.”

Hearing Sairyoku’s eagerness to marry her, Tsukasa blushed in shyness but she didn’t disagree with him. After all, Tsukasa’s purpose for visiting him this late at night was to get married.

So far, Tsukasa realized that she kept on falling deeper and deeper in love with Sairyoku. It was an emotion she hadn’t experienced a thousand years ago.

Tsukasa muttered, “Date under the moonlight… I prefer that.”

Since it was only the two of them inside his mansion’s library, Sairyoku could hear Tsukasa’s muttering so he nodded at her, “Okay then, let’s have a date.”

“But I’ll bring in battle drones just in case something unexpected happens. Although I can deal with the aftermath of revealing our powers, it still is more convenient to avoid revealing it as much as possible.”

Holding the marriage registration in his left hand, Furukawa Sairyoku stood up from his seat and extended his right hand to Tsukasa, “Shall we?”

This time, Tsukasa boldly took Sairyoku’s hand and held it. “We shall.”

Leaving her chair, Tsukasa followed Sairyoku as they left the library, holding each other’s hand.

After leaving the library, Sairyoku spoke, “Mansion, have 10 battle drones in stealth mode, and let them follow me from afar in pursuit.”

\Affirmative.\

The mansion AI responded to Sairyoku’s command and soon enough, ten drones flew and followed Tsukasa and Sairyoku.

“This feels like I’m in a sci-fi urban manga.”

Hearing Tsukasa’s comment as she observed the battle drones with interest, Sairyoku patted his chest in confidence, “As I said before, my technology is three hundred years ahead of the current era. My artificial intelligence has sentience and she controls the battle drones and other technologies I have in the mansion and laboratory.”

Tsukasa looked at her husband who was still wearing a white lab coat and a black undershirt. She could guess that before she had arrived, Sairyoku must have been working in his underground laboratory.

However, Tsukasa’s focus was on something else, “She? And wouldn’t having sentient artificial intelligence cause the enslavement of the human race like those in sci-fi movies?”

Sairyoku calmly answered, “Yes, she. ANGEL is my sentient artificial intelligence. Her name stands for Autonomous Night Guardian’s Everlasting Loyalty.”

“As her name suggests, she mostly guards the mansion as well as myself at night. Moreover, I have programmed her well enough to the point that she wouldn’t betray me. She has everlasting loyalty for me and you as well.”

Sairyoku chuckled and continued, “So you don’t have to worry about the world being dominated by artificial intelligence and robots, Tsukasa-chan.”

Hearing Sairyoku’s answer, Tsukasa’s eyes lit up with excitement. She decided to try using the sentient AI since Sairyoku had already told her about having permission to use it as well.

Looking at the mansion’s walls, Tsukasa mischievously spoke, “ANGEL, tell me one embarrassing secret that Sairyoku has.”

\Affirmative.\

\Sairyoku-sama has marked his calendars day per day while waiting for Tsukasa-sama’s arrival. Sairyoku-sama has kept those two years' worth of marked calendars in his room.\

32