For some reason… I think I’ve been here before?
154 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Disclaimer!

This is a fanfiction, and is in no way an original work! While I could’ve kept much of the content the same, it wouldn’t have made as much sense, at least to me. So, do not, IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, expect this to be 100% similar to the original work. Also, we don’t get much information about Ren Xiyang’s original world, so most information related to it is not canon! Much of it is my interpretation, or straight up my own imagination on how the original world would’ve been like. Thank you.*

 

This chapter starts from halfway in the original novel, so go read it here! These Side Characters Have More Important Things To Do - Chapter 1: Congratulations on transmigrating! /sarcasm | Scribble Hub

...

 

Ren Xiyang awoke with a start, to the sounds of alarms and water droplets running down his face. A familiar heat blazed around him, brushing against his skin.

Ren Xiyang studied the room with narrowed eyes.

This wasn’t the zombie apocalypse he had just died in. This wasn’t the nothingness of death. This was a random office room.

In the distance, screams and what sounded suspiciously like the Old World’s fire truck siren echoed in the distance. Ren Xiyang scanned his surroundings, noticing a few things in particular.

First off, he was inside a genuine skyscraper. Those didn’t last long with all the superpowers that flew around in the zombie apocalypse. Secondly, the skyscraper was on fire. Thirdly, his body wasn’t the same as it used to be. A little younger, a little shorter, and most certainly a little bit more-

Ren Xiyang snapped his head up, a steel beam creaking ominously, all his thoughts discarded. Despite any momentary curiosity he had at his situation, Ren Xiyang automatically moved. He had fought evolved zombies faster than some poorly constructed beam. He rolled, missing the beam more narrowly than he’d like. This damn body wasn’t his, it didn’t move right. The unblemished hands, the torn and dirty white, formal dress, and the long wavy red hair were dysphorically unfamiliar.

But he could still feel his fire ability burning in his chest. Red eyes started to glow. The yellow fires came to his call. They moved as fast as sound, crackling loudly as they blasted the beam away from him. It took more than it usually had from him, Ren Xiyang noticed absentmindedly.

At that moment, foreign information took the inopportune moment to explode in Ren Xiyang’s brain. Years worth of knowledge flooded his mind. Ren Xiyang shoved the information away with a grunt, before checking to make sure nothing else would harm him.

Once he was sure nothing would do him harm(aside from the smoke in the room, but that was solved by the large broken window that made up a side of the room he was in), he sifted through the foreign information in his mind.

There were two strands of information: one was the memories of the original owner of this body, and the other was the information about the BG romantic fantasy novel he had just transmigrated into.

The original owner of the body was a young girl named Alyssa Rosewood who was the youngest daughter of the Rosewood Conglomerate.

The current scene was mentioned briefly in the novel:

During her twelfth birthday, the Rosewood Conglomerate’s main building was burned to the ground, along with Alyssa’s family. The events left her traumatized, as she eventually developed into a cruel, vindictive lady with a behavior of violently snapping at anyone who touched her. This led to one very fractured Miss Alyssa facing [the heroine] now in the International Sedaveria Academy’s front lawn…

But burning a corporation to the ground wasn’t a casual affair.

A couple days prior, a couple employees were murdered and replaced by hired mercenaries. While many of the higher ups were celebrating the Young Miss’ birthday, they creeped throughout the building, disabling cameras, taking company plans, before setting the building ablaze. Many of the management was caught by surprise, and being on the highest floor, could not escape the fire, turning to ash.

The Rosewood family was, in a far distant past, a group of superhumans who had the power to control and create fire. While the present day Rosewoods could also create fire, they were much weaker compared to their predecessors, and could not control fire anymore.

Thus, while the Rosewods were much more resistant to fire, they too eventually burned away. 

Alyssa had a much later bedtime today, as it was her birthday. However, when her father told her to go to sleep, she mischievously decided to explore the lower floors of the building that she wasn’t allowed to go to.

When the building caught fire, Alyssa panicked, causing something new and unusual to break out in response to all the stress and panic she was feeling. For the first time, she could summon fire. However, summoning fire in an already burning building turned out to be, surprisingly, a detriment to Alyssa, causing her to faint from a lack of air. 

That was when Ren Xiyang had transmigrated over.

In the original history, Alyssa, who had luckily decided to explore the lower floors, and thus escaping the worst of the fire, would’ve been saved by the fire fighters who arrived a little later, while the mercenaries escaped the building. However, she didn’t survive unscathed. The burn marks from the fire would’ve been healed by surgery, but her now damaged lungs and mental scars would remain.

Ultimately, she would clash with the novel’s main character. She would find what looked like links between the heroine’s family and the destruction of her own. In the end, she was imprisoned, a deranged woman whose fire powers were a menace to society, so very terrible compared to the useful, gentle, healing power that the heroine possessed.

And then, when the apocalypse swept the nation and beyond, Alyssa Rosewood would die, while the main character of the novel would become the heroine, marry the successor of Sedaveria Industries, and eventually become the chief human resources officer.

In summary, after dying in the zombie apocalypse, Ren Xiyang had inexplicably transmigrated into the body of the villainess of a BG het romantic zombie apocalypse novel.

Ren Xiyang: “………..”

Where was the Transmigration Bureau Headquarters? He wanted to file a lawsuit, thank you.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ren Xiyang: Went from one zombie apocalypse to another. Surely, there’s some law against this.

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

Ren Xiyang: …Why am I getting the strangest sense of deja vu?

 

~~~~~~~~~~

 

4