Transmigration to Rebirth, now introducing…!
114 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The lead officer was called Arthur Ward. Much of his family had been members of the police force in charge of the state of Sedaveria for quite a few generations. He usually patrolled in the city of Rosewood, in the most prosperous district, Redmond County.

Redmond County had the most people compared to the other districts, being the home of the RC. This naturally lead to a higher crime rate, and many times he had faced down dangerous criminals. But this was the first time he faced something like this.

The inside of the car was eerily silent, especially considering there was a(allegedly) dangerous criminal who had(allegedly) burned down the RC building. Usually, those who were detained would be screaming, insisting they had the wrong person, sobbing, and/or throwing a temper tantrum inside the back.

The young male, who claimed to be a child named “Ayden Rosewood” and looked to be somewhere between a child and a teenager, was quietly snoring in the back of the car. He apparently did not mind the hard seats of the car, just quietly snoring away. Of course, Ren Xiyang had often slept on harder floors in the apocalypse, especially before his ability set in, so he had no trouble falling asleep.

Captain Ward looked away from the young boy in the back. His radio system, which was usually silent, had been blaring since a few hours past midnight. Already, some were taking advantage of the chaos, and constantly, police officers were sent out to keep order.

Captain Ward looked out the car window, towards the weak dawn night. On days like this, he liked looking at the rising sun barely peeking out over the city. It reminded him, that this peace and beauty was something he had sworn in to protect. He sighed, already a headache settling in as he realized it was going to be another long day.

 

… 

 

Sunlight entered the decadent bedroom. The boy lying in bed opened his eyes.

Rian Azure’s icy blue eyes didn’t see the embroidered bed canopy above him. Instead, he was still playing out the scenes he had just witnessed.

An unknown disease had infected the whole country. Once someone became sick, their bodies gradually turned stiff and cold until they died. And sometimes, the afflicted dead would move and even attack others, as though a necromancer had reanimated them. Soon, the air in the State Capital was filled with smoke as the dead were cremated as soon as possible.

As someone with a lot of power and money, he had done everything in his power to alleviate the plague. He had visited the common people to dispense aid. Non-superhumans and those with preexisting conditions seemed particularly susceptible.

But then, he became infected too.

All the best healers attended his sick bed. His door almost constantly open for all the people who came in and out.

But in the end, no one could cure him. The CEO of Sedavaria Industries, Rian Azure died, his body a husk of what it used to be.

Yet…in a way, he didn’t die. His consciousness remained behind. He couldn’t touch anything, couldn’t communicate with anyone. He could only be a helpless viewer, watching as the disease rapidly took over the world.

It took an entire year for hope to finally appear: a young superhuman named Cassiopeia Schauss was able to heal the governor who had just gotten afflicted. Under her magical hands, the people were saved. A wave and a twist, thousands were uninfected. And it had to be her, no other healer was able to copy her healing technique.

Rian Azure watched as his younger brother, the now governor, married Cassiopeia Schauss. He watched as the FBI discovered that the plague was developed by a certain neighbouring state and rival corporation as a means to cripple his economy and boost their prestige. It had then evolved and mutated uncontrollably, turning from a mere viral fungal infection to a zombie apocalypse. 

He watched as his parents retired and his younger brother became the CEO of Sedavaria Industries, with Cassiopeia Schauss, who took up governor in his place, by his side, living together peacefully.

After seeing that final image, Rian Azure’s consciousness disappeared and reappeared in a blank white space with nothing…but a book in front of him.

It was then that he discovered that all these events were written in this novel.

Only then had he realised that everything was a story. That he was a side character, an early death to show that not even the corporates were safe from the infection. The real main character was Cassiopeia Schauss.

He read the novel, cover to cover. The moment he reached the end, the world turned dark.

And he awoke in his bed, in his childhood body. Based on the current decorations in his room, he was now aged twelve.

He had somehow returned eight years before he had died. He hadn’t officially become CEO yet. Not even a manager position.

He didn’t know what force had kept him watching. He didn’t know what force had brought him back in time.

But he was the eldest son of the Azure Family. He was CEO Rian Azure. Now that he knew the future events, he would never let the zombie apocalypse spread through his state, no, the world ever again.

He rose from bed, calling for his servants. His maid helped him through his morning routine.

Outfitted as almost like a prince, in silvery white accented with blue and gold, Rian called in his most knowledgeable aide.

The greying-haired man, Finances Department Head Leopold Aegean, raised an eyebrow at him when he entered the suite. “Young Master Rian Azure, you’ve decided to study so early in the morning? Your father will be pleased to hear of your new dedication to study.”

“I realised that I’m now twelve years old,” Rian replied. “Didn’t King Rexius Red ascend the throne when he was only thirteen years old in 1296?”

FDH Aegean: “…” This child wasn’t already thinking of running the company, was he?

“So, Finances Department Head Aegean, tell me all the news today. This time, I’ll listen,” Rian added graciously. He didn’t forget to smile innocently, taking advantage of his newly young age. He knew that the Finances Department Head had children older than himself, and after living through one life, he also knew Finances Department Head Aegean’s weak points.

FDH Aegean, faced with a cute beaming child: “…”

The contrast between the sweet face and his identity was so conflicting! But telling the Young Master about recent news wasn’t harmful. As the Young Master of Sedavaria Industries, he should know what is going around in the state.

“Very good.” FDH Aegean paused to gather his thoughts. “The COO has already laid out the dates for the many upcoming products that we’ve been developing. The first is…”

“…This morning, the news spread that the Rosewood Conglomerate building has been set aflame this very morning…”

Rian’s innocent listening face didn’t show his underlying thoughts. The RC building fire… this placed the exact date of his return. He hadn’t come back early enough to prevent it.

“…And only a young boy claiming to be someone named Ayden Rosewood survived from the Rosewoods and sent a report to the police, claiming to have caught the mercenaries responsible. According to a secondary report, Master Ayden Rosewood is a highly adept fire aligned superhuman, but there are many conflicting sources saying that he was or was not the one behind the building burning down.” FDH Aegean continued.

Rian frowned slightly. “Ayden Rosewood?”

“Yes, Ayden Rosewood. His family history is unclear…” FDH Aegean trailed off meaningfully. As members of the upper class, they all understood that many upper class members had affairs, and sometimes birthed illegitimate children.

But Rian thought further. There was no Ayden Rosewood in his past life. It was Alyssa Rosewood who had survived, but she didn’t display strong, skilled fire magic ability until her teens.

In fact, in his first life, the mercenaries were never caught this early on. It would’ve taken a matter of years, and a completely unrelated investigation lead by SWAT to uncover the perpetrators.

The mercenaries were a famous underworld group under a famed criminal’s command. They were rather skilled, going by the name of “Sewer Serpents”, and had quite a few superhumans under their command. However, in this life, they were captured, seemingly rather easily.

In his first life, after Alyssa was adopted by the Cordovans, the Cordovans had hired some private investigators who’d subsequently found nothing…

Where did this Ayden Rosewood come from? And what happened to Alyssa Rosewood? This was all too suspicious.

“Let me drive over to the Rosewood Conglomerate building. I want to see what happened and what remains with my own two eyes ,” Rian decided. He saw the dubiousness in FDH Aegean’s eyes, so he added, “The Rosewood Conglomerate is important. With such a devastating event, we, Sedavaria Industries, cannot be dismissive. But the CEO is busy. I, Young Master Rian Azure, will take his place.”

...

Congratulations to bafflinghaze for 200 chapters! Almost didn't finish the chapter before I feel asleep.

4