Chapter 143: The Voyager and the Voyager
319 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After taking down two champions, Jean decided to call it a day. No Voyager would be foolish enough to be played by the same trick three times.

As of the moment, Jean had 2,050 gold coins. This was enough for her to go buy quite the goods. Coming out of the Arena, Jean quickly found her way to the SSS. She came across a lot of street stalls on the way, but she decided to ignore them for the moment. Perhaps she would come back later if she had time.

The Voyager package burned away 1,000 of her hard-earned gold coins, but it was worth it. The Voyager armor was an enhanced version of Jean’s original armor, which definitely couldn’t keep Jean alive when jumped on by 100 legionnaires. The Voyager rifle and the Voyager blade are stronger than particle disruptors and plasma blades as well. Also, the Voyager set could protect Jean against all kinds of attacks, including the supernatural ones. This was something plasma shields and plasma blades couldn’t hope to do.

6 red crystals added to the mix.

That was easy. The Voyager package was something every Voyager Jean saw had. But the rest of the coins were much more difficult to spend.

It took Jean a while to find a couple of good choices.

Eyes of the Seeker

Cost: 500 coins

Description: Transforms the user’s eyes to the Eyes of Seeker, granting them additional vision range and allowing them to see things invisible to human eyes, including, but not limited to, spirits. Can be upgraded to the Eyes of Truth.

CAS upon installment: 25

As soon as Jean hit the purchase key, 500 coins left her watch. At the same time, two streams of golden energy entered her eyes. Moments later, Jean found the world much clearer than before. She looked around the SSS, and she could see every inch of hair on some Voyager’s arm.

As she toured the purchase options, Jean realized a lot of them were related to supernatural beings. In other words, in the future, she might find herself facing real ghosts and spectres. It would be difficult to take them down if she couldn’t even see them. If the Eyes of the Seeker could locate the ghosts, Jean could kill them with her Voyager gadgets. With sufficient energy, the Voyager blades could slice up anything.

Hellfire Trap

Cost: 250 coins

Description: Takes the form of a grenade. Can be set off by hand or remotely. Explosion ignites hellfire, which can burn through any known material. Impervious to water. Impervious to lack of oxygen. Can destroy both material and spiritual entities. Hellfire will only be put out after ten minutes or by overwhelming hostile energy.

CAS: 200

Now, this was a deadly weapon. Jean pulled up a demonstration of the Hellfire Trap in effect, and she immediately decided she didn't want to be anywhere near its blast proximity when it goes off. If used well, even the Queen of Blades could be burned to death by a Hellfire Trap.

Of course, as powerful as the trap was, it could only work when it was close to its target, and that itself was a difficult task to achieve.

Jean bought 2 Hellfire Traps.

As of the moment, Jean only had 50 gold coins left, but she was much stronger than she was when she was in the Colosseum. The only reason why she didn't go back to the Colosseum was that she knew, after her two recent victories, either a very powerful Voyager would come in and crush her or the others would refuse to bet on her enemy. She should wait a while before going back.


Jean’s mansion took the form of a giant area of open space. As Jean entered, she released the entire Purifier Fleet and Warden Fleet.

“Jean.” Delta stated. “We’re out of the original universe?”

As a clone of Jean, Delta had Jean’s memories of her real objective.

Jean took the Purifiers, including Delta, out during the fight against the Protector Corporal, but that was all simulated. The Simulation Room only duplicated the battle abilities of the units. The real ones were kept in Jean’s watch the entire time. Time didn't flow in Jean’s watch, so to Delta and her units, they were just moments away from claiming victory over Amon.

“Correct.” Jean replied shortly and concisely. There was no outsider here. She didn't need to play nice. “Leave your research and manufacturing systems here. I don’t have access to raw materials or minerals, but I trust you still have enough energy to do simulated research.”

Simulated Research referred to an operation Jean started in the Starcraft world. She had her Purifiers capture a number of talented human scientists and had their conscious extracted and stored in the Purifier data net. There, they blindly and tirelessly worked to enhance the technology of Jean’s forces, sometimes without knowing it.

“Correct. The energy needed for Purifier simulation is insignificant, but we need up to date external technological information input.”

“I will download a list of weapons and their specific information from the City. See if you can create weapons of similar functions.”

“Affirmative.”

Purifiers and Wardens alike started populating Jean’s own personal pocket dimension. Probes and mechanical SCVs strolled through the endless area of empty space as they set up command centers and nexi. A portion of the Purifier data net was isolated and planted down in the pocket dimension.

As her underlings worked, Jean went into the streets of the City of the Voyagers. She has been here for quite a while, but she has been too busy profiting and purchasing to learn more about life here. Although deep down, she didn't care about things as trivial as daily life, she keenly noticed it was beneficial for her cover.

The City of the Voyagers was filled with all sorts of extreme entertainment. Drugs. Alcohol. Sex. Even games. Those were just the basics. Jean even saw someone selling a product of Dionysus, the Greek god of alcohol. How the seller acquired that bottle was anyone’s guess.

Just that bottle was worth over 1,500 gold.

Jean wasn’t surprised. The Voyagers were tasked with extremely stressful jobs. In their missions, a single misstep could lead to the failure of the mission and the death of the Voyager. As soon as they were back in the complete safety of the City of the Voyagers, it was only reasonable the Voyagers would do their best to relax. Common alcohol couldn’t nearly intoxicate them, so more powerful drinks were a must.

Some Voyagers were able to make quite a profit on that.

Personally, Jean didn't feel the need to reward herself, but she keenly realized bars were one of the best places to learn about current events.

She found her way into one of the largest bars on the street. It was called Lilith.

Interesting.

As Jean walked in, a waitress came up to her. She was in a silver dress, but what caught Jean’s eyes was the watch on her hand.

She was also a Voyager. A poor one, judging from the fact that she was being a servant on her free time.

“Madame, what service would you like?”

“Just get me a table.”

“Yes madame.”

The waitress guided Jean to a table. As Jean sat down, the waitress gave Jean a pad, which contained a menu of all the food and beverage choices. Jean was about to order something when another figure sat down in front of her.

It was a girl in her early twenties. She was wearing purple tights that emphasized on her curves. Her purple hair laid loosely on her bare back.

“Two bottles of Vlasks, please. It’s on me.”

As the waitress left, the girl’s eyes were trained on Jean.

“Hello, Jean. Nice job in the Colosseum, by the way.”

Jean rose her eyebrows at the unexpected guest.

“Thank you, and you are…”

“You can call me Violet. 3.“ The girl in purple leaned forward. “Do you like my suit? I feel like it fits my style.”

“Nice to meet you, Violet.” Jean didn't flinch. “Excuse me if what I say offend you, but what do you want from me?”

Normally, she would be more polite, but she knew there was no way being polite could help her here. As a fellow Voyager, Violent knew what Jean’s true nature was. In that case, it was smarter to stand her ground.

“Why do you think I want something from you?”

Jean didn't bother answering. Violet smiled.

“Ok. Ok. I admit. I have something in mind.” The waitress walked over, carrying two glasses of purple drink. Violet grabbed onto a bottle and raised it. “Something that should be done in bed.”

“Are you flirting with me?”

“Yes.”

“Why?”

“Because you’re hot and I’m bored. My last girlfriend didn't make it through her third mission.”

“Condolences. You’re moving on quickly.”

“We live on the brink of life and death. Even the best of us can’t say for sure they can survive their next mission. It’s only normal for us to enjoy when we still can. You should try it sometime. Hopefully, now.”

Violet gulped down the entire glass of Vlask in one shot. Her cheeks turned red and her legs started rubbing together.

“What are you afraid of? Voyagers can’t hurt each other in the City of the Voyagers. I bear you no ill will. I just want to have some pleasure with you.”

Jean glanced down at her drink for two seconds before emptying it into her mouth. As soon as the beverage went down her throat, she felt a wave of heat rising from her stomach across her body. Every cell in her body itched to be embraced. It was truly an addictively good feeling.

Even Jean couldn’t suppress a moan. She looked at Violet. Her face was red as well.

“Do you want to go to your room or mine?”


The two ended up on a large bed in Violet’s room. The room was literally a palace. Luxurious decorations, sculptures, and paintings were all over the place. Maids in white uniforms walked around the place, keeping the palace clean and their mistress happy.

After they were done and the effect of the Vlasks were largely gone, the two sat in the bed in brief silence. A maid brought over two glasses of milk, which both girls emptied.

Violet finally started.

“That was...fascinating. My last girlfriend completed two missions, but she didn't have the strength and endurance as you. You are a monster in the sack, and the Vlasks only gave you wings.”

Jean smiled. Deep down, she didn't feel a thing. The sex was good, but it by itself was meaningless. She only took the aphrodisiac because it was a relatively senior Voyager that invited her to do so. Getting close to Violet could prove to be helpful.

That was when Violet got to the important part.

“Want some extra gold? Your second mission will only be harder than your first.”

Here comes the main course.

“Yeah. You’re gonna give them to me?”

“Hahaha. You’re so funny.” Violet laughed. It was a pleasant sound, and it would be more pleasant if Violet was an innocent teenage girl, not a Voyager born in blood and death. “No, but I can offer you an opportunity.”

“I’m listening.”

“I know a Protector Captain who has been looking for Voyagers with a mission count between 1 and 3 for a mission. I don’t know the details, but mission briefing is in 12 hours. We can go together. It may be a great opportunity. You can leave if you don’t feel like doing the mission.”

Immediately, Jean knew what was going on. Just like she hoped to use Violet, Violet was using her as well. The purple dressed girl must’ve seen Jean fight in the Colosseum and realized she was extremely powerful for her mission count. In other words, if Jean tries to join the mission Violet was talking about, she could both qualify and be a powerful force.

All the drinking and sex were just so Violet could have more control over Jean. After all, in Violet’s opinion, how difficult could Jean be to control? As powerful and tough-looking as she is, she was still a recruit who just left her first world and entered The City of the Voyagers. The amazing bonding process between the two must be enough to make Jean Violet’s lapdog. At least, it could build some trust between the two so it would be easy for Violet to influence Jean later.

Jean didn't explode in anger upon making this realization. Rather, she just smiled and rested her head on Violet’s shoulder softly.

“Of course.”

Control Jean Turner with love? You have better chances of turning stones into gold with your bare hands.

10