Chapter 20: Old Man
109 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jasmine had changed her clothes in the palace. She was wearing a light blue, cropped tube top revealing her midriff and her navel with sewn-in sleeves for her arms. She wore matching pants along with blue shoes. Jasmine stormed in. “Jafar,” she shouted. She did not hear a response. Jasmine shouted again, “Jafar.”

There she spotted a tall, slender man. He was carrying a gold, ruby-eyed, cobra headed staff He had a twisted, black goatee and a faint mustache, as well as gray eyeliner. He wore a black robe that reached to the ground over top a red garment with bell sleeves. Underneath this second garment, he wore another shirt, this one black with very close-fitting sleeves that reached his wrists. The shoulders of his outer robe are pointed and connect to a long, billowing black cape with a red interior. His slippers are copper and the tips curl inward. A maroon sash is tied around his waist.

“Jafar!” Jasmine's voice reverberated through the chamber once more, her tone laced with frustration and concern.

Jafar, with a sinister smirk etched across his features, turned to face the princess. “Princess,” he replied smoothly, his voice dripping with false courtesy.

He executed a shallow bow, his eyes gleaming with malice. “The guards had taken a man from the market on your orders,” Jasmine interjected, her voice tinged with anger.

“It is my solemn duty, bestowed upon me by your esteemed father, to uphold peace and order within the kingdom,” Jafar retorted, his words coated in a veil of self-righteousness.

His lips curled into a chilling smile. “The boyl in question was a criminal,” Jafar continued, his tone laced with satisfaction.

“What was his crime?” Jasmine pressed, her brows furrowing with disbelief and indignation.

“Well, kidnapping a princess,” Jafar retorted, his tone smug with self-justification.

“He did not kidnap me, I ran away,” Jasmine shot back, her voice ringing with defiance.

Jafar stepped closer, his demeanour oozing with faux sympathy. “Oh, how distressing,” he remarked with feigned concern.

“What do you mean?” Jasmine demanded, her eyes narrowing with suspicion.

“The boy's sentence is already being carried out,” Jafar stated matter-of-factly, his tone chillingly casual.

“Sentence?” Jasmine's voice trembled with dread as she grasped the severity of the situation.

“Death,” Jafar responded bluntly, relishing in the fear that flickered across Jasmine's face. He paused for effect. “By beheading,” he added, his words dripping with cruelty.

Jasmine recoiled in horror, her breath catching in her throat as she staggered backward. Her thoughts raced, grappling with the cruel reality unfolding before her.

“How could you?” Jasmine's voice cracked with anguish as tears welled up in her eyes. With a heart heavy with despair, she fled the room, leaving behind a trail of sorrow and disbelief.

“She took that rather well,” Jafar remarked with a twisted smile, a small red parrot emerging from the folds of his robe.

“Indeed she did,” the parrot chimed in, its voice echoing Jafar's sinister delight. Together, they shared an evil grin.

Jasmine ran out. She got to the water fountain and dropped to her knees. She wept. A sad looking large tiger with black stripes approached Jasmine. Jasmine turned around. “It was my fault, I did not even know his name,” Jasmine wept as she hugged the tiger.

Meanwhile in a prison down below the Palace, James' hand was locked in a bar. There was a chain hanging from the ceiling. The floor was made of sand. The walls were made of a dull stone. There seems to be no toilet in this room. He saw a small window with three vertical bars equally spaced out. There was a large corridor next to him. He thought this was a big prison.

He rested his eyes and arms. The Ultimatrix was still on his hand, they did not take it. James could have escaped however this would have been easier to find the lamp. James had a feeling that once the guards found them, Jafar must have seen him in the orb. He thought that was a bit strange since Aladdin is still alive. “Oh well,” he muttered to himself and smiled. He also thought that Jasmine was probably weeping right now about his death. He thought, I am sorry princess, I don't like tears from your eyes but it is nice you will be missing me.

He wondered where Lois was right now. She was keeping a watch before, she must be nearby. James then put his strength in his arm. The bar was old and rusty. He put more strength and broke the bar. He smiled. His muscles were not just for show.

James got up. He stretched his arm. James looked up and saw an old man. He had a hunch back. He had skinny arms and legs. The old man had a long white beard, moustache and eye-brows. His teeth were missing and yellow. He had a small walking stick.

“Who are you?” James asked.

“I am just a prisoner, like you but together we can be more,” the old man replied.

James smiled. “Go ahead,” James said.
“I know a cave of wonders, beyond your wildest dream,” the old man remarked as she showed a couple of red rubies.

James thought, perfect, Jafar really does not know. Well, time to play along, he thought. “Wow, these clothes I have are stolen, but with this, I can buy an actual one,” James commented.

“You can buy more clothes, entire castle with the amount of treasure there,” the old man added.

“So why would you share this information with me,” James asked.

“You broke that bar like it was wood, you have a strong body and strong legs,” the old man remarked.

“But how are we going to escape from here?” James asked.

The old man walked towards the wall. He used his stick and tapped a piece of stone. The stone moved back. “Through here,” the old man said.

James nodded. The old man and James went through the tunnel and walked through it. They moved down the tunnel. The old man led the way. “We are almost there,” the old man said.

“Sure,” James replied. They got to the end of the tunnel and saw a horse.

“I will guide you,” the old man shouted as he got on the horse. James gritted his teeth.

“Sure,” James responded. He grabbed the leash of the horse and started to drag it.

A sandstorm brewed, an ominous cloud of dust swirling and billowing like angry spirits unleashed upon the land. James pushed through the howling wind. His clothes were getting tattered and torn. With each gust, James gritted his teeth and pressed forward, his muscles straining against the resistance of the storm. The old man smiled as they made their way forward. He thought he was the one.

James and the old man reached the place. In front of the sand moulded into the shape of a tiger. His eyes were glowing white. It had sharp teeth.

“Who disturbs my slumber?” the sandy tiger asked. His voice had a deep tone.

James looked and smiled. “It is I, James,” James replied.

The sandy tiger looked at James. His eyes squinted. It stared at James. “Proceed, touch nothing but the lamp,” the sandy tiger warned.

The sandy tiger opened his mouth. There was a set of stairs and a golden light.
“Remember boy, fetch me the lamp, then you will have your reward,” the old man said.

“Those rubies for a useless lamp, I will get that lamp, make sure you have the reward,” James said as he walked into the mouth of the sandy tiger.

“Fool,” the old man muttered.

6