Chapter 21: The Wishes
123 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

James walked down a large staircase. It was a stone staircase that spiraled down. He saw there was a large drop on either side of the staircase. He got to the bottom of the staircase and a crack in the wall. There was a gold light coming from it.

James walked through the crack and was amazed. He saw several piles of gold coins that went up a few feet. There was a golden archway and golden statues. There were various pots, glasses and other items made from gold stacked together to form a large pile.

He smiled. “This is probably the first trial,” James muttered to himself. He walked around the piles of gold. He kept walking around, trying to look for the lamp. He saw a blue Carpet on the floor. The images of gold tiger heads were in the four corners, flame-like patterns on its top and bottom, and in its center is the image of eight golden lamps positioned in a circle and surrounded by four gold scimitars.

James strolled past the Carpet. The Carpet saw him walk past and followed him. James looked back and saw the Carpet folded. He smiled. He walked a few feet more and turned around quickly. He saw the Carpet on its golden bush. It looked like it was walking. The Carpet saw it was spotted. It flew behind a pile of gold. “I won't hurt you, come on out,” James said as he gestured towards the Carpet.

The Carpet jumped out and approached James. It bowed down.

“You seem like a good person, why don't you come with me,” James suggested. He added, “It can be lonely here.” The Carpet looked happy. It flew towards James and wrapped around him and flew out. The Carpet moved up and down like it was nodding.

“Okay, let's go,” James said. He smiled at the Carpet. “Could you help me find a lamp?” James asked.

The Carpet moved up and down like it was nodding. It moved one of the corners, like it was telling it to follow it. “Lead the way,” James said. The Carpet went towards another room. James followed behind it. He thought the magic Carpet would be nice to have, he would be able to fly and he can make some cool entries.

James followed the Carpet into a cave. Large rock pillars hung like ancient sentinels from the cavernous ceiling, their imposing presence casting eerie shadows across the landscape. Stalagmites thrust upward from the rocky ground, their pointed tips reaching towards the heavens like silent guardians of the underworld. The Carpet led them towards a crack in the wall.

He got to the other side of the crack and saw a large pile of rocks stacked upon each other. He could see the shining on top of the structure. It was like the guiding light. There was a series of stairs along the side of the structure. “Thank you,” James said. He added, “I can introduce you to my other friends who will like you.” The Carpet moved up and down like it was nodding. James thought Illuna might have some fun with it.

James walked up the stairs made of stone. He took a step at a time until he got to the top. He walked towards the centre pedestal. As he approached it, he saw a lamp. The lamp was crafted from shimmering gold. He smiled and walked towards it.

James picked up the lamp with his bare hands and held it. “This looked amazing in person,” he muttered to himself.

James then rubbed the lamp with his hands. Suddenly the lamp started to vibrate. James held it firmly. It started to shoot fireworks left and right. There was a colour explosion. The Carpet hid back. There was a large purple smoke cloud that formed out of the lamp. He heard a scream.

There he saw a blue, barrel-chested man with three fingers and black hair tied in a ponytail. He had a beard with a swirl that stuck out at his chin. He wore a red sash around his waist and gold earrings. He had golden bangles around his wrist.

“10,000 years, such a trick in the neck,” the blue man said.

“Scanning new lifeform,” the Ultimatrix said. A green beam scanned the blue man. It scanned from head to toe. The scan finished. “New life form acquired,” the Ultimatrix added. The faceplate went back in the watch. James thought interesting, he has the genie now as an alien. He wondered what it could do.

“What was that?” Genie asked.

“No hold it,” Genie said. He took his head off and spun it. He put it back on. “That felt good,” he remarked.

“So what is your name?” Genie asked.

“I am James,” James replied.

Genie then materialised a sign. “So James, can we call you Jay or Mes?” the Genie asked as he put those two names on the sign.

“Yo, Carptie have not seen you in a while,” Genie said.

James thought it had a different name and the carpet has a gender. Carptie nodded. He shrugged his shoulders.

“So do I get three wishes?” James asked.

“Yes you do Master, three wishes, no exchanges, no refunds and no substitution,” Genie replied.

He added, “Rule Number 1, I cannot kill anyone.” He took his head out of his body.

“Rule 2, I cannot make anyone fall in love with you,” Genie explained. His eyes lashed, got bigger and looked girly. His lips turned into massive pairs of lips. He went back to normal.

“Rule 3, I cannot bring people from the dead,” Genie further explained. He went green and his eyes became yellow. He went back to normal.

“Other than you got it,” Genie finished off.

“My first wish is to unlock the Master Control of the Ultimatrix and remove all negative side effects associated with the Ultimatrix,” James wished.

“Okay,” Genie replied. The Ultimatrix started to make some noises. He glowed green. The faceplate up and down. It started to spin around showing all his aliens so far he captured. Then it stopped and went back to normal.

“That is pretty powerful, it's beyond my power there is still a timer but you get longer. The negative effect of a universal bomb is gone. Those being inside now will help you out instead of causing problems,” Genie explained. He looked like he was sweating and panting loudly.

“Now go for your final wish,” Genie added.

James thought, there was still a timer. He sighed. At least the major ones are gone. He thought those beings or aliens now will help him. At least they are not trying to escape. That was also two wishes, James thought he got scammed.

“My final wish is for you to be free,” James stated.

“Coming right..” Genie stopped mid-sentence.

“Wait, you mean it,” Genie said. He added, “You can have more,” Genie added.

“That is my wish,” James stated.

The gold bangles fell from his hands. He got legs on his lower body. Genie smiled.

“Why?” Genie asked.

“I know it can be lonely so I wanted you to be free,” James explained. James did not mind, he had the Multiversal remote, he could go anywhere he likes and do what he wants. The Ultimatrix was key to fix as soon as possible. It was now fixed to the best he could do. James thought now it was time.

7