Chapter 13 – First Day 01.
210 0 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Hogwarts.

...

...

Snape woke up the next day, before dawn, stretching quietly as he started to get out of bed. Pleased with the time, he used his wand to change his clothes and proceeded out of his room. 

As soon as he reached the Slytherin common room, he noticed some students reading books, too engrossed to see Snape as he left—a lucky break for those students not having to hear Snape breaking the door again, after all, it opened as he approached without a password, unlike the other side which still required the passphrase. 

He then left, his goal being the entrance of the castle. Snape wore a long cloak, not like the rest of the students, he maintained an inky blackness as it moved with the wind. "I've always liked Peter... but now this color is more beautiful than ever," he admitted, looking down at his uniform while he was in his dark cloak, the Slytherin symbol standing out on his chest with the characteristic snake. 

He continued walking through the corridors and stairs until he reached the first floor, "You shouldn't be walking around the school at this time." Suddenly, a ghost came out of the wall, confronting him. However, as soon as Snape glanced at him as his instincts were already trained, his eyes shone blue as he looked at the ghost, which went from an expression that had finally caught a student sneaking out of the dormitory to a scared expression as soon as it saw Snape's eyes. 

The ghost did not think twice before starting to enter the wall, fleeing. Snape just sighed and continued on his way to the main door of the castle. He encountered a seventh-year student making rounds with a lantern. "You!" He pointed at Snape, who was approaching him. Snape, already accustomed to his aspect that could scare all these children and teenagers, was not surprised when he approached the 17-year-old man with a quite fearful face as soon as he saw him. 

"What?" Snape asked in a bad mood. 

The Hufflepuff boy looked at Snape, swallowing hard before deciding to break the silence. "You shouldn't be walking around the school at this time, there's 1 hour left before dawn." The boy spoke, stuttering a bit. Snape might be a member of Slytherin, but what scared the boy were his menacing eyes that he swore he had seen glowing just a second ago. 

"It doesn't matter, I have an agreement with that old man you call the headmaster," Snape spoke calmly, "I'm free to leave the school." Snape said, making the young man step back wordlessly, not knowing what shocked him more, was Snape speaking of Albus Dumbledore in that tone, calling him old, or the agreement, which seemed like complete nonsense. 

"Are you still going to stand in my way?" Snape asked, looking at the boy paralyzed. 

"Of course!" He said, stuttering as he let Snape pass and actually going to the school door while opening it with his wand, leaving the young man still alarmed. 

Snape finally arrived in the garden in front of the school; there was a huge fountain in the middle while the grass surrounded the place with magical animals designed in it, he saw grass shaped like a horse galloping while there were some birds flapping their wings but not leaving the ground. 

He didn't care about it and kept passing through the flying training field near the Quidditch stadium, looking at the still starry sky, he thought it wouldn't be very nice to train there. Continuing forward, he left the school heading to the lake near Hagrid's house. 

He walked so quietly that not even the half-giant's dog noticed him as he passed, now walking another 500 meters, he found a good place to train. 

He started his morning run, then his exercises, even after finishing all his daily mission, Snape continued to strengthen his body. 'I have to find a good place to practice magic too... here will be too conspicuous.' He thought while he could do nothing but strengthen his body, this then was his routine for the next hour. 

Snape finally felt satisfied while he was topless and sweaty from the amount of exercise he had. He looked at the lake and didn't mind diving into it, knowing the magic to dry his body.

Swimming swiftly, Snape gained speed and found it an excellent exercise for his shoulders and chest there. However, he noticed something while in the middle of the lake—there was something in the water. 

Elsewhere, that morning as the sun announced its arrival, Hagrid stepped out of his cabin to tend to his dog, as he did every morning. "Come here, my friend," he said, placing food down and petting the dog, until he felt a disturbance from the lake out of the corner of his eye. 

He saw tentacles emerging from the water. "Hm?! Why is Dumbo so restless this morning?" he wondered, looking at the gigantic creature raising its tentacles. Dumbo was a nickname Hagrid had affectionately given what others would call a monster, as he treated it like a pet. 

Setting that aside, Hagrid returned inside without giving it much thought. Meanwhile, in the lake, a battle was being waged; Snape was fighting underwater with the creature. He grabbed one of its tentacles, already weary of dealing with this creature, and pulled it towards himself. 

As he drew closer with Snape pulling it, the man delivered a punch to the head of the giant creature, knocking it out immediately. 'That was fun, but I have to go. Maybe we can fight another time,' Snape murmured, seeing the creature sinking into the lake and him returning to the surface. 

He swam to the shore where he had left his belongings, picked them up without bothering to put them on now, and walked back to the school all wet, wearing only trousers. 

Hagrid had come back outside, now to start the day, and was surprised to see a student with Slytherin robes on his arm, walking that morning outside of the school. He just stared as Snape passed by him. After letting him go, Hagrid muttered, shaking his head, "This student shouldn't be here! Professor Dumbledore must be notified!" He said while grabbing food to feed the magical beasts. 

Snape returned to the school, entering through the door nearby after crossing that famous bridge with several planks supporting it. He finally put on his cloak, using a spell to dry himself, and entered the castle. He had the advantage that the main common room was close to that entrance and was quite hungry after all that exercise. 

He passed by some students, looking curious; after all, Snape now had a striking appearance, so it was normal for people to wonder who he was. 

He went to the main door and finally opened it, looking personally at one of the most iconic places in all of Hogwarts, not just for memories. He saw the four tables filled with students, mostly wearing their house-themed clothes, the ceiling looking like a starry sky, wondering what kind of illusion magic that was. Turning his gaze to the hall, he saw the teachers' tables, Dumbledore was in the principal chair, and his gaze was on Snape as he entered like a hawk, Professor Minerva also looked at him and couldn't help but stare at him strangely after what she heard from Albus. 

Some teachers were absent, but the few who were there and saw him, wondered who this student was, but didn't have the courage to ask openly at the first meal of the day. Snape felt their gazes calmly, even some students at the nearest table just left their plate and looked at who had arrived as they always did. But as Snape had been accustomed since he arrived, everyone stared at him with a furrowed brow, not knowing who he was, but could now certainly identify him as Slytherin with the emblem on his strange clothes. 

"Hey! Who is he?" someone whispered from the Ravenclaw table. 

"I know who he is, he's the hottie we saw yesterday! He's from Slytherin?" a Hufflepuff girl commented to her friends. 

"I've never seen him... Is he from our house?" a Slytherin asked. 

Snape paid no mind to the whispering people; he began to take the first steps into the hall, while some looked at him and others didn't care as they were more focused on eating their first meal. 

"Look at that, seems like the snakes have a new student or something..." James Potter murmured at the Gryffindor table while watching Snape pass by. 

Lily was eating a bit close by, looked at Snape, and was surprised, not because she recognized him, but because that boy seemed quite familiar as he walked past them. 

But the main people staring at him were the Slytherins, who watched without recognizing him, wondering, but lacked the courage to approach him while Snape walked, after all, he did not give any opening for anyone to get close. The tables were not full, yet Snape saw someone familiar and approached. 

"Hello, Geronimo, you don't mind if I sit here, do you?" Snape spoke calmly, startling the young man. 

He saw Snape coming in, and the last thing he wanted was to go through what happened yesterday, yet his day did not start with luck as soon as Snape saw him. "No, of course, you can sit." The boy shrank with the chill Snape could give now and gave up his place. 

Other students looked at Geronimo surprised that he knew this unknown student and could clearly see fear in the little noble. 

Snape settled in that part of the table and looked at everyone who was staring at him, his eyes met all of theirs, causing the Slytherin students to also tremble, lowering their heads and cutting off any curiosity they might have at that moment, still making the young man in front of them a mystery. 

Albus was eating his meal, but all the way and movements of Snape were seen by him, trying to solve the enigma of what happened to Snape. 

"Albus... He..." Minerva whispered beside, even if it was in the middle of the meal, she could not help but speak a little worried, seeing how he intimidated all the students. 

"This only makes my suspicions clearer, my phoenix said he went to train near the lake." Dumbledore commented without the other professors being able to hear. 

"Train, magic?" Minerva asked more worried. 

"No, I saw him doing Muggle exercises, Fawkes saw him also enter the lake and fight against Dumbo." He spoke, never hearing anything about someone doing that. 

"Dumbo? That monster in the lake that you and Hagrid named thinking it was a cat?" Minerva raised an eyebrow but also relieved that she did not hear Snape was training dark magic as she was expecting. "Wait, how can he fight against that monster?" She said at the end. 

"I don't know..." Dumbledore said in the end and turned his gaze back to her. "When are your next classes with the fifth year Slytherins?" 

"It will be today in the late morning." She said. 

"I see, test him, try to find out anything about him." Dumbledore said, and she nodded. 

Raccoon here: 

Tell me, do you like this slower and more detailed narrative style?

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

12