Chapter 14 – First Day 02.
187 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Chapter Size: 2000 Words.]
Third Person POV

Hogwarts.

...

...

Snape continued to eat his food quietly while the table remained silent due to the caution they had towards this strange student. 

Even though he was quite peculiar, after all, Snape was quickly eating everything on the table to replenish all his energies after that morning's training. 

He was the only one making sound at the table, as he picked up chicken, bread, cheese, with people wondering how he could mix so much so early in the day. As soon as he felt satisfied, Snape stopped eating with a sigh, he turned his attention to all the teenagers looking at him, even some people from other tables were also staring, especially the girls, but the Slytherin students seemed to be afraid of him as everyone averted their gaze as soon as it met his. 

He didn't care about that and began to stand up, with his cloak swaying, he started to leave the table going back to the entrance while many still kept their eyes on him. 

"HEY! Who is he?! Where did this guy come from?" At the Slytherin table, where Snape was sitting, the students who had not managed to talk to Snape quickly asked Geronimo who was approached by the stranger as soon as he arrived. 

"He..." Geronimo could not even know what to say in such a situation, after all, he could not imagine how people would react to the fact that this guy was actually Snape. 

He sighed heavily, Snape seemed even more frightening than before and all the students seemed to feel some fear of him too. "Snape, he is Severus Snape as we knew him." He spoke and was not surprised as everyone who heard this, their eyes widened in shock. 

"It can't be possible..." was the first thing the students said as soon as they understood what they had heard. 

While the confusion continued at the Slytherin table with its students quickly talking about the shocking news, Snape continued walking through the corridors of Hogwarts, according to the class papers that had ended up in his dormitory that morning, informing him of the semester's schedule. He was going to the botany class he would have with Ravenclaw. 

"Snape." A voice called him and Snape stopped, turning around, he found himself facing a man, none other than Horace Slughorn, his potions professor and head of his house. 

Horace Slughorn, a few moments earlier while watching Snape leaving without initially recognizing him, turned his attention to the headmaster at that moment. "Headmaster Dumbledore, may I know why I have an unknown older student in my house, while I was not informed about anything?" He asked with some dissatisfaction, since he might have been silent when he saw him entering through the entrance, but still needed to know who he was. 

Albus sighed when he heard the question. "It's Snape, Professor Slughorn. He's back and he's different." 

"Snape?!" Slughorn could not believe what he had just heard, turning his attention to the young man leaving the common room. "How is this possible?" He was not the only one left with these questions, various professors nearby who heard were stunned by the revelation. 

"I don't know, Professor Slughorn. But Snape is different... and it's not just his appearance, his personality as you can see intimidating the other students just by looking at them, has changed too." Albus spoke, perhaps Slughorn would be a chance for him to find out more about the changes in the boy. 

"This..." Slughorn didn't say anything more, he just stood up and followed Snape following him while everyone looked at the professor with the strange behavior, until he caught up with him in one of the corridors going to the castle's greenhouse. 

"Snape." He called out as soon as he caught up, approaching the boy who turned his gaze to him. Looking at every detail of Snape, this new look was surprising, then Snape was already used to people's reaction when they realized it was him, having seen this from Professor Minerva and the Headmaster. 

"Hello, Professor." Snape spoke calmly, recognizing him as one of the few people he had a somewhat peaceful relationship with at Hogwarts, some passing students looked at them with curiosity. 

Slughorn may not feel magic like Albus, but despite seeing many differences, he could see traits of Snape now analyzing the young man, he came out of his daze and looked seeing that many other students were paying attention to him.

"Can we talk? In a private place if possible," he said, and Snape looked at him thoughtfully, but seeing he had nothing to lose there, agreed.

"Yes," he spoke calmly.

"Then come with me," he said and headed for another corridor while Snape followed him as well.

They proceeded in silence until Slughorn found his potions classroom. He entered. "Close the door," he commented as he walked to the teacher's desk.

His gaze finally returned to Snape. "Tell me, Snape, what happened to you?" he asked, but Snape could see a tone of concern there.

"I had a problem with some potions I was testing, took the wrong formula, and my body began to change. After spending a few days in intense pain, I woke up this way," he spoke calmly.

"A potion gone wrong, let me see your condition," he said, taking out his wand and approaching Snape while casting a diagnostic spell with concern.

"This!!!" He quickly exclaimed looking at the result and turned back to Snape. "How is this possible?! Your magic is more powerful than any seventh-year student!" He could not believe the amount of magic in Snape now, he imagined that this potion and body change had damaged it, but this result was 4 or 5 times more magic than a fifth-year student should have.

"It's hard to explain, but that's what happened..." Snape spoke, not liking to lie much, however, he could not simply say that he has a system implemented in him.

Slughorn looked at him seriously now. "Tell me, Snape. Tell me you don't have this kind of potion and its recipe!" The man looked at him seriously.

Slughorn knew that if something like this happened, having a potion that could evolve both the human body, since Snape seemed much better now, and his magic, he could not guess what kind of implications this would cause in the world and even cause a war over this recipe, this scenario would lead to much more negative than positive points, especially with the war happening against Voldemort, his former student whom Slughorn still deeply regrets.

"No, it was an accident and I ended up losing the cauldron and all notes, no one in the world can have access to this substance anymore," Snape concluded, also understanding the professor's reasoning.

"That's a relief..." Slughorn said, believing the student's words, since no one else would have access to this magical substance. "Anyway, your bone structure is fine and your body has never been healthier, it's as if you had gone through a miracle, I believe you are blessed by Merlin," he concluded.

Snape just nodded. Slughorn looked at him for a while. "You also seem different... not just in appearance."

"That's true, professor... Did you know I almost took my life?" Snape spoke, leaving Slughorn with widened eyes.

"What?! How, why?" Slughorn asked in the same tone of his concerns.

"I tried to kill myself, put a rope around my neck and let gravity do the rest of the work," Snape spoke, looking towards the room's windows.

"Why did you do that, was it because you had ended your ties with Lily Evans?" Slughorn wasn't hard to figure out, since everyone at the school knew how Snape had chased after the girl in their last year, while she completely ignored him.

"It was," Snape was sincere, the old Snape committed suicide exactly for that reason.

"That..." Slughorn was blank looking at the boy.

"But at the moment my body was suspended, something happened," Snape looked at his professor. "The rope cut, while I awoke on the floor coughing with pain in my neck. It's fair to say I had died and returned," Snape spoke now not lying, because that's exactly what happened.

"..." Slughorn couldn't say anything.

"Now I've changed professor, since then I'm no longer the old Snape, I realized the world is much more than what the eyes can see, I realized I have other priorities now," he spoke in a serious tone.

"And Lily Evans?" Slughorn asked, still concerned that Snape might dwell on the past.

"A stranger at this time, she is nothing more than a past memory of the old Snape, something I intend not to care about anymore," Snape declared.

"...I can't say I'm happy about this..." Slughorn began after hearing everything. "But I'm glad you're here and well, that's what matters. I don't know what to say about everything that happened, but if you were really saved by a cut rope when you were in despair, then I think you should follow what your desire asks for. After all, not everyone gets a second chance," Slughorn said, offering some words of wisdom, believing in Snape's story.

Snape nodded, "May I go, Professor? I have Herbology class and I don't want to be late," he said.

"Ah, of course. Let's talk later, I'm sure we have a lot to discuss, but again, it's great that you're back and better than ever, I'm sure you'll be the highlight of the year," Slughorn said with satisfaction.

He wanted to question the change and the days Snape initially missed, but was satisfied with their conversation for now; they would have chances to talk more.

"See you later, Professor," Snape said goodbye and left the room, heading back to the greenhouse. He walked through the corridors with many more students now, as they ran to their classes. Going down the stairs, passing through the main corridor on the stairways, he entered the cultivation area with a huge glasshouse on the north side of the school.

His walk was always calm, as he entered one of the doors inside the greenhouse where his first classes would be. Some students were already there from Ravenclaw, as usual reading, but some looked at Snape with surprise, seeing this unknown student joining them.

"Hey, should he be here? Looks like a last-year student!" said a Ravenclaw.

"Ask him if you want to know," said another without taking their eyes off their books.

"Not me, look at his eyes, I doubt he'd talk to anyone, he's scary!" the first declared.

Students began to fill the room quickly; Snape had taken a seat at the last table in the corner. As new students entered, their gazes returned to Snape, surprised, some already knowing the news from the Slytherin table, couldn't help but look stunned seeing the changes and comparing him to his last version.

Finally, the teacher entered the room. "Hello, everyone, and a great day!" she greeted everyone, while the students still hadn't filled all the tables.

She went to the front of the class and looked at everyone, starting their second week of study at Hogwarts, but her gaze landed on Snape, being the tallest student in this class as she frowned a bit, also not believing that until last year Snape was just an ordinary student.

She had heard about Snape's change from Albus, and there he was. She sighed and turned her attention to the boy. "It's good that you returned to school, Severus Snape," she announced as the entire class quickly turned to Snape, especially those who didn't know of his change, looking at him astonished.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

🦝 Raccoon here: 🦝

I deeply appreciate your support since the beginning of this exciting journey!

I hope each chapter has provided incredible moments. If you like my work and would like to support the continuation of this fanfic, consider becoming a patron with plans starting at $2!. As a token of gratitude, I offer access to more than 165 extra chapters with 8 active fanfics at the same time, along with other exclusive benefits on my profile, such as images and significant decisions for the stories.

Even if you are not a patron, I am making chapters available a few hours earlier here, so become a free member on the platform!

🌟 RaccoonLeague | Patreon🌟

Visit our Patreon for more: https://www.patreon.com/RaccoonLeague

Extra Content Already Available:

🌀 Naruto - Light Ninja! 20 extra chapters! (Complete fanfic for any subscription level.)

🏴‍☠️ One Piece - I Am a Different Luffy!: 30 extra chapters!

🔮 Danmachi - Infinite Mana System!: 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: The Legend of Jon Arctic!: 20 extra chapters!

🌀 Naruto - Minato Namikaze SI!: 30 extra chapters!

🗡️ The Witcher - As Uchiha Madara! 20 extra chapters!

⚡ Harry Potter - Shadow Monarch! 20 extra chapters!

👑 Game of Thrones: DragonBorn! 10 extra chapters!

🛸 Star Wars - The Gray Jedi! (New)

🧙‍♂️ Harry Potter - Ancient Magic! (NEW)

🌃 Cyberpunk: V Reborn! (NEW)

Except for One Piece with daily chapters and DragonBorn once a week, all fanfics are updated 3 times a week, there's just a pause in updating in the week, only to create drafts for the week's chapters.

In addition to the extra chapters, daily chapters are posted and 25 chapters per week!

Your support is very important and makes all the difference in keeping these stories alive.

Thank you very much for being part of this journey! I hope you continue to enjoy the story and that it brings even more joy to your life!

Visit our Patreon for more!!

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

14